Author Topic: Gamer Metalheads  (Read 51668 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: Gamer Metalheads
« Reply #135 on: May 21, 2013, 09:52:20 am »
"...Moreover, I inform you that although I have nothing against you except for how you have hurt me, I profusely reject metal. Why? Because the music is dark, violent, and dull and encourages young people to walk the path of sin and become increasingly enclosed in a melancholy reverie, melodramatic and pointless. I will not lie, I heard metal bands and have rejected them.

To give an example, I will mention Metallica. The singer, Hetfield, is mediocre and shouts excessively, completely lacking the melody with which I was born. And the guitarist only makes noise. Where is the music, then? Another band that I've also heard is Megadeth. I thought it was different, but I was wrong. The singer uses a vocal style that I dislike, like something that makes me feel like crying. And the other musicians in the band... I'd rather not give an opinion."
 -Justin Bieber on hard rock/metal genre of music

"I have seen the need to respond to the insults received yesterday from Justin Bieber, since his words have hurt my pride for referring to my art and my music negatively. The truth is, I felt really bad last night when I learned this because with all my years in music, I don't know what to do. I honestly do not know that all my years in this career have been disqualified by inexperienced people moving masses in a way that does not please me.

Technically, I could have taken legal action. But I choose not to, due to the boy's age... I will not torment him with a legal procedure. My sources have informed me that [Dave] Mustaine [from Megadeth], who is in his own right, has decided to take legal action but I doubt he will continue. We know that Dave is temperamental, but he has a good heart and this boy knows not what he says.

I'm not criticizing my colleague for going as low as him, but the only thing I do wanna say is [for Bieber to] have respect, which is what he lacks. He should learn that a momentary and transitory success does not rewrite the history of music. I also want to say that he has a huge future ahead and should use discretion. Not for him to impose the market.[?]

What struck me, of course, is your criticism of my public, to whom I owe everything because they made me who I am. They helped me achieve the transformation from being a nobody to being James Hetfield from Metallica. You cannot classify them as depressed, melodramatic, and dark. By doing that, you are trying to say that our style of music influences them to feel hatred. In the end, you're completely disqualifying our [musical] style."
 -Reply from James Hetfield, lead singer, Metallica

LMAO!

wtf is that all about?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #136 on: May 21, 2013, 11:03:08 am »
I don't know. Justin Beiber thinks he's God's gift to music, now.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #137 on: May 21, 2013, 11:47:17 am »
Can't stand Bieber -and-

Metallica + Napster = losing A LOT of my respect for them...and I've been a fan since the Cliff Burton/Dave Mustaine days :(

ffxik

« Reply #138 on: May 23, 2013, 05:13:01 am »
ffxik if you like Firewind and Dream Evil check out Mystic prophecy, Devil's Train, and Evil Masquerade.

I know of Mystic Prophecy.  I like them quite a lot.  I'll have to look into the others.  Thanks :)

"...Moreover, I inform you that although I have nothing against you except for how you have hurt me, I profusely reject metal. Why? Because the music is dark, violent, and dull and encourages young people to walk the path of sin and become increasingly enclosed in a melancholy reverie, melodramatic and pointless. I will not lie, I heard metal bands and have rejected them.

To give an example, I will mention Metallica. The singer, Hetfield, is mediocre and shouts excessively, completely lacking the melody with which I was born. And the guitarist only makes noise. Where is the music, then? Another band that I've also heard is Megadeth. I thought it was different, but I was wrong. The singer uses a vocal style that I dislike, like something that makes me feel like crying. And the other musicians in the band... I'd rather not give an opinion."
 -Justin Bieber on hard rock/metal genre of music

"I have seen the need to respond to the insults received yesterday from Justin Bieber, since his words have hurt my pride for referring to my art and my music negatively. The truth is, I felt really bad last night when I learned this because with all my years in music, I don't know what to do. I honestly do not know that all my years in this career have been disqualified by inexperienced people moving masses in a way that does not please me.

Technically, I could have taken legal action. But I choose not to, due to the boy's age... I will not torment him with a legal procedure. My sources have informed me that [Dave] Mustaine [from Megadeth], who is in his own right, has decided to take legal action but I doubt he will continue. We know that Dave is temperamental, but he has a good heart and this boy knows not what he says.

I'm not criticizing my colleague for going as low as him, but the only thing I do wanna say is [for Bieber to] have respect, which is what he lacks. He should learn that a momentary and transitory success does not rewrite the history of music. I also want to say that he has a huge future ahead and should use discretion. Not for him to impose the market.[?]

What struck me, of course, is your criticism of my public, to whom I owe everything because they made me who I am. They helped me achieve the transformation from being a nobody to being James Hetfield from Metallica. You cannot classify them as depressed, melodramatic, and dark. By doing that, you are trying to say that our style of music influences them to feel hatred. In the end, you're completely disqualifying our [musical] style."
 -Reply from James Hetfield, lead singer, Metallica

LMAO!

Projection is strong with this one.

pacpix

« Reply #139 on: June 06, 2013, 12:03:40 pm »
Awesome Song!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #140 on: June 09, 2013, 10:21:43 pm »
I got some ESSENTIAL metal albums on the cheap at a used record shop while in Monterey with the wife for our anniversary trip this weekend:

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #141 on: June 10, 2013, 09:49:48 am »
S.T.O.P.

...giving me 80's flashbacks, burningdoom  :o

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #142 on: June 10, 2013, 01:03:50 pm »
S.T.O.P.

Is this a bad thing for you? I loved the '80s!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #143 on: June 10, 2013, 01:05:07 pm »
S.T.O.P.

Is this a bad thing for you? I loved the '80s!

Nah  ;)

(What I remember of) The 80's was a blast  ;D

pacpix

« Reply #144 on: June 11, 2013, 06:51:16 pm »
Did anyone else pick up the new Black Sabbath album?  I grabbed a copy on my way home from work.  Really enjoying it so far.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #145 on: June 11, 2013, 09:07:55 pm »
Did anyone else pick up the new Black Sabbath album?  I grabbed a copy on my way home from work.  Really enjoying it so far.
I've been listening to the Previews on amazon, Honestly it sounds very good. I was thinking about Picking it up today, but Grabbed the new Alice in Chains instead.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #146 on: June 14, 2013, 08:36:56 pm »
Batman NES Metal?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #147 on: June 14, 2013, 09:02:09 pm »
Batman NES Metal?

Year 200X is a metal band that does nothing but covers NES chip tunes and makes them into awesome metal themes. Check them out. The Mega Man 2/Mega Man 3 theme is my favorite by them.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #148 on: June 14, 2013, 09:31:23 pm »
Batman NES Metal?

Year 200X is a metal band that does nothing but covers NES chip tunes and makes them into awesome metal themes. Check them out. The Mega Man 2/Mega Man 3 theme is my favorite by them.
I will check them out. that band is Megadriver they mostly do Genesis/megadrive covers

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #149 on: June 15, 2013, 09:15:06 am »
I've been listening to the Previews on amazon, Honestly it sounds very good. I was thinking about Picking it up today, but Grabbed the new Alice in Chains instead.

I'm also thinking of getting it (just not a "must have" for me).