Author Topic: Gamer Metalheads  (Read 51663 times)

ffxik

Re: Gamer Metalheads
« Reply #210 on: August 17, 2013, 07:39:08 am »
I didn't know that there were this many metal gamers, I thought I was one of the few.

Metal is surprisingly geeky music :P

And Testament is a good example of this too. On Low, they did a song called Urotsukidoji, which is the Japanese name of the anime OVA Legend of the Overfiend.

Tentacles.  (shudders)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #211 on: August 18, 2013, 02:49:45 pm »
Latest additions to my CD collection:   :D

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #212 on: August 18, 2013, 03:07:52 pm »
New Korn comes out the first part of October. Head's back in the band which I awesome. I really dug the last album. I hope they can keep it up.

ffxik

« Reply #213 on: August 19, 2013, 12:41:23 am »

Cool.  I really enjoyed Shogun and Holographic Universe.   But try to find Scar Symmetry's Pitch Black Progress.  Far better album in my opinion.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 12:43:31 am by ffxik »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #214 on: August 19, 2013, 12:59:38 am »

Cool.  I really enjoyed Shogun and Holographic Universe.   But try to find Scar Symmetry's Pitch Black Progress.  Far better album in my opinion.

Already have it. It is a fantastic album, indeed. I really wish the original singer would return to the band. They just aren't the same since he left.

I also used to have Holographic Universe and Soundtrack To Your Escape; but they seemed to sprout legs and disappear. You know how that happens.

ffxik

« Reply #215 on: August 19, 2013, 01:04:32 am »

Already have it. It is a fantastic album, indeed. I really wish the original singer would return to the band. They just aren't the same since he left.

I also used to have Holographic Universe and Soundtrack To Your Escape; but they seemed to sprout legs and disappear. You know how that happens.

Nothing but truth in that statement.  Oh yeah, it's amazing how inanimate objects always seem to just wander off.  I have had to replace several album because they just couldn't sit still.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #216 on: August 27, 2013, 09:43:51 pm »
If you had the choice of 20 video games of your choosing (not including arcade cabinets) or 20 albums of your choosing (any format); which would you choose? And if you want to include it, which ones?

pacpix

« Reply #217 on: August 27, 2013, 09:59:23 pm »
I would go with 20 video games because that is my main interest.  CD albums are what I collect to the side along with Seattle Mariners stuff.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #218 on: August 28, 2013, 09:38:59 am »
I grabbed the new Avenged Sevenfold album today.  It's good stuff.  Track 1 is very Metallica-esque and #3 is very GnR.  I like it so far.  It's more heavy and not as radio friendly as the last 2 albums.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #219 on: August 28, 2013, 01:41:50 pm »
I grabbed the new Avenged Sevenfold album today.  It's good stuff.  Track 1 is very Metallica-esque and #3 is very GnR.  I like it so far.  It's more heavy and not as radio friendly as the last 2 albums.

Try their first album, if that's what you want. They sound like a completely different band. Melodic Death Metal. Avenged Sevenfold TOTALLY sold out to get on the radio.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #220 on: August 28, 2013, 02:12:05 pm »

Try their first album, if that's what you want. They sound like a completely different band. Melodic Death Metal. Avenged Sevenfold TOTALLY sold out to get on the radio.

I have it.  I got into them around the Sounding the Seventh Trumpet album.  I like the heavy stuff, but I like the radio stuff too.  I think (my opinion) the self titled album is one of few albums that is good front to back.  For me, it's up there with The Black Album and Appetite for Destruction.  Gates' lead breaks are amazing.
I'm a fan though.  My opinion is skewed.

ko1ru

« Reply #221 on: August 28, 2013, 06:32:41 pm »
If you had the choice of 20 video games of your choosing (not including arcade cabinets) or 20 albums of your choosing (any format); which would you choose? And if you want to include it, which ones?

I would definitely choose games over CDs.  There was a time in my life where music was more important than video games, and I would have chosen the opposite.  I have quite a music collection amassed, but I care more for my video game collection.  Maybe that's just how it is when you get older.  ...Or something.  :P

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #222 on: August 29, 2013, 09:30:56 am »

I would definitely choose games over CDs.  There was a time in my life where music was more important than video games, and I would have chosen the opposite.  I have quite a music collection amassed, but I care more for my video game collection.  Maybe that's just how it is when you get older.  ...Or something.  :P

Q.F.T.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

tripredacus

« Reply #223 on: August 29, 2013, 01:45:21 pm »

Reminds me of Underoath. Their old stuff is awesome, new stuff... meh.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #224 on: August 29, 2013, 07:54:21 pm »

I'm just the opposite of you guys. I've focused mainly on video games for quite a while now, and I'm shifting more towards music again, lately. When I was a teenager, it was totally more about the music. But this time around, it's not that I'm completely enamored by music (though I do I love my metal still), it's just that I have a crapload of video games now, and not nearly enough music that I want.

And right now, these are the top 20 albums I'm wanting:

1.   Scar Symmetry - Symmetric in Design
2.   In Flames - Reroute to Remain
3.   In Flames - A Sense of Purpose
4.   Deathstars - Termination Bliss
5.   W.A.S.P. - The Crimson Idol
6.   W.A.S.P. - The Last Command
7.   W.A.S.P.  (Self-Titled)
8.   Amon Amarth - Twilight of the Thunder God
9.   Children of Bodom - Hatebreeder
10.   Children of Bodom - Blooddrunk
11.   Amorphis - Circle