Author Topic: Gamer Metalheads  (Read 51738 times)

Re: Gamer Metalheads
« Reply #345 on: August 07, 2014, 06:26:32 pm »
Did anyone listen to Halestorm's new CD?

You mean the 2012 album? I thought it was okay.  There's nothing by them I love album wise, but they have a few good songs here and there.  When they get heavier or faster, or Lizzy really goes all out, I think that's their best, but they do alot of just kinda boring rock stuff.  She has a fantastic voice though.  They also do good covers.  I mean, what modern band is choosing Dissident Aggressor as their Priest cover? lol

retroone

« Reply #346 on: August 07, 2014, 08:01:18 pm »
Did anyone listen to Halestorm's new CD?

You mean the 2012 album? I thought it was okay.  There's nothing by them I love album wise, but they have a few good songs here and there.  When they get heavier or faster, or Lizzy really goes all out, I think that's their best, but they do alot of just kinda boring rock stuff.  She has a fantastic voice though.  They also do good covers.  I mean, what modern band is choosing Dissident Aggressor as their Priest cover? lol

Sorry although it's not new I meant The Strange Case of...

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #347 on: August 07, 2014, 10:48:51 pm »
I would drink Lzzy Hale's bathwater. 

pacpix

« Reply #348 on: August 08, 2014, 01:59:31 am »
I have not listened to Halestorm before, but that Judas Priest cover is amazing!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #349 on: August 08, 2014, 02:26:15 am »
I have not listened to Halestorm before, but that Judas Priest cover is amazing!

They've done like a dozen covers now, with at least 3 or 4 of them being pretty great.  Check out their cover of Slave to the Grind, it's exceptionally good.  She can seriously belt it.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #350 on: August 08, 2014, 08:30:12 am »
I would drink Amy Lee's bathwater.

fix'd   ;D
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

retroone

« Reply #351 on: August 08, 2014, 10:51:55 am »

I feel as if they could do a good Painkiller cover.  :D

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #352 on: August 08, 2014, 12:58:57 pm »

fix'd   ;D

You guys are both freaks. I wouldn't drink anyone's bath water no matter how hot they were.

But I'd join Maria Brink of In This Moment in one:

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #353 on: August 08, 2014, 10:05:53 pm »

fix'd   ;D

You guys are both freaks. I wouldn't drink anyone's bath water no matter how hot they were.

But I'd join Maria Brink of In This Moment in one:

Speaking of this beauty, I just ordered the latest In This Moment album, completing my set from them:

I'm really liking the "Whore" single I've heard on the radio.

« Reply #354 on: August 09, 2014, 09:00:26 am »
I've noticed a lot of these music threads in video game forums and it seems 9 times out of 10 it's heavy rock or metal that people like. Although I like rock (grew up in the 80's) but doesn't anyone like any lighter music? Country? Maybe it's because I'm almost 45 but I prefer soft rock or some pop, country. NEVER metal. I hear that stuff at work (I'm in construction). Sometimes I'll go on youtube and play some of that relaxation music with nature sounds, stuff like that. I need music to be calming at my age.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #355 on: August 09, 2014, 09:55:26 am »
I've noticed a lot of these music threads in video game forums and it seems 9 times out of 10 it's heavy rock or metal that people like. Although I like rock (grew up in the 80's) but doesn't anyone like any lighter music? Country? Maybe it's because I'm almost 45 but I prefer soft rock or some pop, country. NEVER metal. I hear that stuff at work (I'm in construction). Sometimes I'll go on youtube and play some of that relaxation music with nature sounds, stuff like that. I need music to be calming at my age.

I like almost every kind of music except blues & jazz.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #356 on: August 09, 2014, 01:20:10 pm »
Don't get me wrong, I like rock but it has to be singing - not screaming or guttural grunting - and some kind of melody and not just two or three power chords. Halestorm was mentioned and I actually like some of their stuff - when she sings and doesn't scream. She's got a great voice and when she uses it in songs like "Familiar Taste of Poison", she really shines.

I looked up some videos of this "In this Moment" - Nope, that's definitely not for me. Way too weird and over the top for me.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #357 on: August 09, 2014, 02:27:22 pm »

That's because you are in the specific metal thread. There is a separate "general" music thread.

http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,3577.0.html

« Reply #358 on: August 09, 2014, 02:37:51 pm »

I like a few softer things here and there, but Country is big no for me.  No soft rock or pop either, though I have abit of a guilty pleasure for J-Pop. 

Also yeah, this is a thread specifically for metalheads lol

pacpix

« Reply #359 on: August 10, 2014, 06:04:29 pm »
Hey I listen to lighter music!  Sometimes I swap out a DeathDoom album with a Traditional or Gothic Doom album :P
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)