Author Topic: Recently Added to Other Collections  (Read 91217 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: Recently Added to Other Collections
« Reply #540 on: October 04, 2014, 09:08:00 pm »
For only $6.99 at Goodwill! Amazing! These things still hold their original value!

I'd get my money back.

Sincerely,
           Your Friendly Neighborhood Star Wars Fan. 

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #541 on: October 04, 2014, 10:12:15 pm »
For only $6.99 at Goodwill! Amazing! These things still hold their original value!

I'd get my money back.

Sincerely,
           Your Friendly Neighborhood Star Wars Fan.

I already got all the Star Wars movies...at a couple bucks a piece.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #542 on: October 05, 2014, 01:01:10 pm »
Picked up 3 great CDs. The Year 200X one should interest members here. It's a great band that turns NES themes into awesome instrumental metal tunes.

foxhack

« Reply #543 on: October 05, 2014, 01:58:38 pm »
Picked up 3 great CDs. The Year 200X one should interest members here. It's a great band that turns NES themes into awesome instrumental metal tunes.

I got that 200X one in digital form from a bundle a while back. If anyone wants to listen to the album it can be streamed here. :)

foxhack

« Reply #544 on: October 06, 2014, 03:30:32 pm »
WHAT'S THAT? IT'S GARBAGE DAY!

Five Mexican movies - four VHS tapes and one DVD. All sealed, $6 total ($1.25 per tape, $1 for the DVD.) The movies are:

Retén (Police Checkpoint) - Something about a group of elite, undefeatable cops.
El día de las locas (there is no translation for this title that wouldn't make me auto-ban myself) - It's a comedy / suspense flick. Something about a guy killing women and a fat guy crossdressing to find him. I think.
Las muertas de Juárez - A crime film based upon the Ciudad Juarez serial killings.

And these two films:
Los leones del ring contra la cosa nostra (The Lions of the Ring vs La Cosa Nostra). Wrestlers vs Mafiosos, basically.
El arma secreta (The Secret Weapon) - a man who claims to be a descendant of Dr. Frankenstein is creating the ultimate super cop.

God, I love these trashy flicks.

There were tons more but most were straight-up crime flicks and I don't really like those. I had to leave behind some films starring the Almada brothers. ;_;
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 03:34:07 pm by foxhack »

bobster

« Reply #545 on: October 06, 2014, 03:32:32 pm »
WHAT'S THAT? IT'S GARBAGE DAY!

Five Mexican movies - four VHS tapes and one DVD. All sealed, $6 total ($1.25 per tape, $1 for the DVD.) The movies are:

Retén (Police Checkpoint) - Something about a group of elite, undefeatable cops.
El día de las locas (there is no translation for this title that wouldn't make me auto-ban myself) - It's a comedy / suspense flick. Something about a guy killing women and a fat guy crossdressing to find him. I think.
Las muertas de Juárez - A crime film based upon the Ciudad Juarez serial killings.

And these two films:
Los leones del ring contra la cosa nostra (The Lions of the Ring vs La Cosa Nostra). Wrestlers vs Mafiosos, basically.
El arma secreta (The Secret Weapon) - a man who claims to be a descendant of Dr. Frankenstein is creating the ultimate super cop.

God, I love these trashy flicks.
GARBAGE DAY!
Currently Playing: The Witcher

« Reply #546 on: October 07, 2014, 08:47:12 pm »
Great comic stuff showed up at the thrift shop today.  Lots of graphic novels and I would've grabbed a few more for the heck of it, but it was starting to add up as I started grabbing lol First are the HUGE Earth X and Universe X collections.  4 bucks a piece.  Funny enough, the much thinner, but hardback Batman Incorporated was 5 lol Don't know if any of these stories are particularly great, but I don't buy single comics anymore just because it's too hard to keep up with everything, so I try to just grab graphic novels when I can.  And at Goodwill, picked up Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children on DVD.  Was surprised I didn't own it already.  It's nothing GREAT, just fan service nonsense, but I still like it.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #547 on: October 07, 2014, 09:27:21 pm »
Awesome!

Earth X and Universe X are fantastic reads! But they are very continuity-heavy laden stories. So if your not familiar with the Marvel Universe, things could get confusing.

Don't bother with the final part of the trilogy, Paradise X. Things just started getting way to metaphysical in that one.

foxhack

« Reply #548 on: October 07, 2014, 09:29:54 pm »
Awesome!

Earth X and Universe X are fantastic reads! But they are very continuity-heavy laden stories. So if your not familiar with the Marvel Universe, things could get confusing.

Don't bother with the final part of the trilogy, Paradise X. Things just started getting way to metaphysical in that one.

I read a synopsis of the series and went "So this is basically XTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEME KINGDOM COME, or THE THING KINGDOM COME WAS TRYING TO PARODY?"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #549 on: October 07, 2014, 09:36:00 pm »
Awesome!

I read a synopsis of the series and went "So this is basically XTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEME KINGDOM COME, or THE THING KINGDOM COME WAS TRYING TO PARODY?"

The only real similarities are that both take place in their respective universe's near-future, and that Alex Ross did art on both.

And I know how that just sounded. But in the world of super-hero comics, future stories and Alex Ross are both quite common.

« Reply #550 on: October 07, 2014, 09:56:08 pm »
Awesome!

I know a bit of Marvel, so I may not be utterly lost, but I don't mind, I'll just take the stories as they are.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #551 on: October 11, 2014, 02:31:21 pm »
Got a few comics

foxhack

« Reply #552 on: October 11, 2014, 03:02:04 pm »
99.95% of VGCollect is going "Huh?" at those. ???

You like science fiction stories?

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #553 on: October 11, 2014, 03:17:32 pm »
Ward isnt SF, just a little fanatsy.

But yes, i like SF  ;D

And (my) most popular comic is Storm, not the one you know from the x-men, but this one:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storm_(Don_Lawrence)

Its also in english for American readers.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 03:25:16 pm by fazerco »

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #554 on: October 12, 2014, 08:48:33 pm »
My other pickups from comic con are a POP-Vinyl figure of Batman Beyond, and 2 T-shirts for Berserk and Deadman Wonderland.