Author Topic: Borderlands 2!  (Read 4184 times)

scott

Re: Borderlands 2!
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2012, 08:56:54 pm »
I ended up picking Zer0. He's the sniper and that's what I played in Borderlands, so it fits my play style. So far I'm really digging it too and I can't get enough Claptrap. ha
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

desocietas

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2012, 09:24:28 pm »
Claptrap is pretty hilarious so far - somehow it's endearing that he keeps calling the bounty hunters "minions."

Really frustrated with the inventory screen, though... maybe it's easier with console controls, but they're really unintuitive for me on PC.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

jobocan

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2012, 09:55:07 pm »
Really frustrated with the inventory screen, though... maybe it's easier with console controls, but they're really unintuitive for me on PC.

I'm getting used to it, but apparently this was their solution because people were saying the menus in the first weren't intuitive enough on PC... Guess they messed that up :P

As for the soloing, it's going well. Just got to Sanctuary and did a couple missions there. Decided to use one of my gold keys early, got a machine gun that'll be useless in a couple minutes, and some other piece of crap... oh well, I might just "hack" some more keys in before Gearbox patches this exploit (it only requires editing an ini file, seriously).

Really having fun with this game so far. It's more of the same, but with a lot of nice little additions all over the place and a bunch of new places to explore, so I have nothing to complain about really. And Claptrap is really funny this time... Actually, the whole cast seems more fleshed out and interesting... And I was very happy to see Tannis back in town

psydswipe

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2012, 12:32:21 pm »
I'm considering trying this on Xbox 360 (where I have no gold account) or on PC where I know someone playing. Although I only played with that someone about a hour on the first game as I soloed the whole thing. I think I was a sniper guy in that one; it was the guy that had a bird. Haven't played it since around the time I finished it which was probably in 2009. If I do try the PC one I'm typically only gaming between 4 PM and 7 PM ET on weekdays. Weekends vary though I play games in the morning more than the evening.

psydswipe

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2012, 07:12:25 am »
This thread kind of died  :o I ended up getting the game on PC and have played way too much. Finished it yesterday with Zero and am level 35 now. Not sure if I should play more or try another character. There are other games that need playing, especially next week when Dishonored hits (and XCOM sounds good too). I've only played a little with one other person, though it took a while since he was well ahead of me on level until recently. If you join a higher level person's game it's tough, I died a lot. On the other hand, if you join a lower level person's game then it's probably too easy so you really need to stay around the same level as the people you want to play with.

desocietas

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2012, 11:17:36 am »
Yeah, I'm kinda annoyed by the player level scaling issues for multi.  I have a few friends who own the game on PC, but it's too difficult to play together since they're quite a few levels above me.

Wish it scaled a bit better instead of just giving the "you're a good/bad match with this player" warning.

I'm not a big solo player for games like Borderlands, so it's restricting to have something as simple as player level stop friends from playing with each other.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2012, 03:12:27 pm »
I only hit level 11 with Zero so far, on 360. I really dig it, I've just been so busy this last couple weeks that I haven't been really able to play much of anything.

jobocan

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2012, 05:57:54 pm »
I finished the game with Maya 2 days ago, loved it. Started a new game as Axton and I'm quite enjoying it too, the new turret seems pretty awesome.

I'm still just soloing, but I'm having fun with that.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 05:59:57 pm by jobocan »

desocietas

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2012, 02:13:39 pm »
Not sure if y'all have been following Gearbox's Twitter feed, but they've been releasing codes for redemption in-game for golden keys.

I was following the president for a while, but now Gearbox's general twitter account is doing it:
https://twitter.com/GearboxSoftware

In the time since I heard about it, I've managed to redeem about 7 codes already.  No mad rush to be the first to redeem them, either.  They're valid one per account within the time frame they indicate.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2012, 02:31:43 pm »
Oh nice. Too bad I am never near a PC or my 360 to redeem these things on time.

desocietas

« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2012, 03:11:58 pm »
They're trying to scatter the times a bit more for the different time zones - hopefully you'll get one at some point!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

jobocan

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2012, 04:36:06 pm »
I should follow that thing more, maybe eventually I'll end up getting some workable equipment from the gold loot chest.

psydswipe

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2012, 07:47:48 am »
I was late to learn of the Shift codes, though I got a few over the weekend once they started posting the times that they would post codes. I'm probably close to quitting until some people catch up to me as I'll reach level 50 tonight or tomorrow. It takes about 1.5 times through the game doing all quests up to that point.

scott

« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2012, 09:44:11 am »
I just realized Gaige the Mechnomancer is now available! Man I wish I had more time to sink into this game....

psydswipe

« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2012, 12:24:51 pm »
Gearbox gave out Shift codes yesterday for Halloween skins, one for each character. You'll have to check their Twitter feed to find the console ones, I've got the PC codes here (they are good through Sunday):

WTKBJ-XRHTW-C63BT-JTB33-J6C9T
CTK3J-9XH3W-CRB3J-33TBJ-9JJHW
5J5JB-B9S35-W6J33-3BJBT-33JSF
KT53J-36HBK-W6JJ3-BJJB3-WH95H