Author Topic: VGExclusives  (Read 3754 times)

htimreimer

VGExclusives
« on: September 29, 2012, 08:43:49 am »
It about 6:50 AM and i am sick from an evil brand of chips called chip flix that my dad got from a dollarama and as i was puking my guts out from the evil chips i got an idea for the site how about video and written reviews and lets plays that are exclusive to vgcollect and the good thing about it is that it would build up the community and how we would do this is up for debate also avoid chip flix like the plague thay are
EVIL
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 08:49:33 am by htimreimer »

fiveforfightng

Re: VGExclusives
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 01:13:52 pm »
Not a lot of people are in to (or would it be into?) doing Let's Plays. But for people who want to it would be a good chance. I myself would be OK with writing reviews about games. Though I haven't played as many as others on this site.
Now Playing: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

foxhack

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 01:22:36 pm »

What?

htimreimer

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 01:39:32 pm »

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 02:03:08 pm »

What?

He's talking about doing our own "VGCollect-Exclusive" written & video reviews and/or "Let's Plays".

I play 99% "niche" RPG's / JRPG's / SRPG's --and--, like fiveforfighting said, I also wouldn't mind contributing *WRITTEN* reviews...

...as I honestly just don't think that I've got the "Tech. Know-how" and/or components needed to do anything video.

:P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 04:52:44 pm »
What did I just read?

foxhack

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2012, 05:15:24 pm »
Oh.

Well. I vote a resounding

NO.

The site shouldn't try to stretch itself too far. It's a game collection site. That's it. Leave Let's Plays to people who don't have anything else to do. :P

(Disclaimer: Yadda yadda, one guy, I don't represent the site as a whole, etc.)

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2012, 05:46:12 pm »
It's an interesting idea, though it would require a lot of dedication. I can put my few cents in if you would not mind my English. I do understand Fox's perspective, but a bit of expanding would never hurt if we'd be capable of it. It can help to make an impression that not only we brag about our games, but also we give our feedback and promote the must-have titles. Such little propagation of the site can help to get some more members aboard.

Let's see how this turns out.

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2012, 05:54:50 pm »
I wouldn't mind a forum category with game reviews.  If matt got crazy, he could have a way of linking the game listing to the review forum.

fiveforfightng

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2012, 05:57:15 pm »
...like fiveforfighting said...

It's spelled "fiveforfightng" :)
Now Playing: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2012, 10:10:54 pm »
Just one more guy, so take it with a grain of salt. 
I think the site needs to be true to itself and stay a collection site.  If you want to do videos and whatnot, feel free to start a YouTube channel and tell us about it.  I'd love to check your stuff out.
If you want to be part of a site, RetrowareTV.com has a User Submission section just for stuff like that.  The community over there is pretty awesome  too.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2012, 12:21:01 pm »
It's spelled "fiveforfightng" :)

;D

In my defense:

A).  I didn't even notice your intentional mis-spelling there,

and

B).  God-Damn my internal (and obsessive:) "Spell-Check"
 :o

Yeah ---I'm *THAT* guy...the crazy dude who, on other forums, when I'm quoting someone else's post...actually CORRECTS anything that they may have mis-pelled XD

Believe it or not (and I now find this funny as hell), I've been *MODDED* for this for "changing the originally intended content of the original poster"?!

Whatever...It *BOTHERS* me more not to fix it than it does to get modded  :-[

More on-topic:

While I'd be willing to write/post reviews here - I also understand & agree w/ sticking to the primary purpose of this site being "COLLECTING".

That said, maybe something like a thread where vgcollect community members can link to reviews that they've written on other sites for anyone who may be interested in reading them...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2012, 02:55:31 pm »
I'm with Foxhack on this one. This isn't Screwattack or any other review/aggregator site.

Also, Chip Flix are decent. I don't know what you're eating, buddy.

foxhack

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2012, 03:51:25 pm »
On the other hand, people making their own videos for the site out of their own kindness of their heart would be okay. Collection videos and so on. ;)

tpugmire

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2012, 11:02:47 pm »
This keeps getting brought up, and we (The staff) keep saying the same thing.  vgcollect.com is first and foremost a collection tracking site.  We do one thing, and we do it well.  There are no plans to add to or change what we do.  That is not to say that we are opposed to adding more functionalities at a later date, but it is far from a priority.  What I would suggest to anyone who wants reviews or videos, or any other content is to make your own and post them in the forums.  If enough people participate, perhaps our outlook could change.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com