Author Topic: To-do list  (Read 5457 times)

tpugmire

To-do list
« on: May 24, 2011, 10:21:35 am »
Matt, can you post the famous to-do list in here, so we can see what is in the works?  We have a lot of good ideas floating around in the feedback forum, but I'd like a place to see all of them in one place, and maybe discuss some of the finer points.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

matt

Re: To-do list
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 04:24:51 pm »
I'll update this over the course of the next few days but here is a start.

- Wishlists - DONE
- genre/sub-genre
- finish new badges
- Verified flag on items - if set, edits will be listed so we can investigate more in-depth
- site stats page
- For Sale/Trade flag
- Need lists (auto-generate an opposite list, almost done)
- png support/convert to jpeg on server

matt

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 02:40:30 pm »
Updated and I'm going to post this in a public forum. No secrets here.

tpugmire

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 05:12:47 pm »
A couple of additions I've noticed...

1.  Search engine needs to be looked at. (The Lion King does not bring up Lion King, The.  Spaces are also a problem, SimCity vs. Sim City)

2.  Atari 8-bit Computer category needs to be added with the appropriate format subcategories.

3.  Perform a search before allowing a listing to be create a listing.

This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

matt

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 11:03:15 am »
Games tab is backkkkk! I also added a very rough stats page. Gives you guys a brief way to see how fast we are growing. We'll have over 700 users today!

matt

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 11:25:12 am »
and we are at 700! woot.

atariboy

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 12:25:46 pm »
Congrats Matt you have put in alot of hard work in getting this where it is and I think it is a great website. love the updates and looking forward to all the changes in store to make it an even better website.
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

tpugmire

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2011, 04:15:53 pm »
Nice.  I had no idea we had that many users.  I wish more of them would post in the forums.

scott

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2011, 04:45:38 pm »
No doubt,  I wonder how many are spambots, haha
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

matt

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2011, 09:52:36 am »
I don't think we have much spam at all. I've blocked a few domains and ip ranges to prevent this. Basically if you are Russia, you are sol. There are a good number of accounts that haven't added any games to their collections but most of them seem legit.

Conversation rates for users vs. forum posts are always low. Usually something about 7% of users will actually use the forums. I wish it were higher but for now I am both pleased and amazed by the growth.

matt

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2011, 10:01:33 am »
@tpugmire

4.  Fix the ability to reject an edit in admin area.

Fixed!