Author Topic: Submitting Art  (Read 5331 times)

matt

Re: Submitting Art
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2011, 03:01:00 pm »
> darko
> I'll try the Zelda box again.

The one you just submitted it identical to the one already on the server. hmmmm...

darko

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2011, 10:12:24 pm »
I don't know unless it's taking a long time for the server to refresh. Kind of strange though. Earlier when you posted the Zelda image it showed up as the old one on my end (which is why I said I'd re-upload the newer image). Now it's the newer image on here and on the game info screen.

scott

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2011, 12:24:20 am »
> darko
> I don't know unless it's taking a long time for the server to refresh. Kind of strange though. Earlier when you posted the Zelda image it showed up as the old one on my end (which is why I said I'd re-upload the newer image). Now it's the newer image on here and on the game info screen.

I've noticed that some times I have to hit refresh in order to see the newer images. especially if I just did the edit and it's been approved. Happened with tennis, super mario land 2 and a few others.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2011, 11:03:42 pm »
This happens to me :/

A caching issue maybe?

How are the image files stored on the backend?  Is the original file replaced with the new one, but assuming the same name?

scott

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2011, 12:05:08 am »
Ya each image gets converted to a new name based on the ID number the site gives it. So when it's overwritten it's still using the same name/number. I believe it's a cache issue.

matt

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2011, 09:55:50 am »
> pceslayer
> This happens to me :/

A caching issue maybe?

How are the image files stored on the backend?  Is the original file replaced with the new one, but assuming the same name?

@pceslayer Exactly. I'll play around with adding a new random string to the end of the file name which should force the browser to grab the new version.

matt

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2011, 09:59:47 am »
I updated the item page, not the thumbnails yet. Your browser should check for a new version on each load. This eats up bandwidth so I'll still explore other options.

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2011, 09:31:50 pm »
Silly question, but how do you guys get your images?

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2011, 11:06:40 pm »
Scans of course :p

scott

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2011, 12:51:03 pm »
I'm sure a lot of entries have pics found on the net already. But the best is to submit a scan. I try to scan or photograph as much as possible.