Author Topic: Famicom Handbills  (Read 3368 times)

tpugmire

Famicom Handbills
« on: May 25, 2011, 07:44:40 pm »
Does anyone own any of these?  I recently discovered them and they are pretty cool.  A bit pricey though, I'd be happy with copies myself.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

scott

Re: Famicom Handbills
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 08:54:17 am »
I wasn't sure what you were talking about, so I looked them up. Pretty sweet, I really the one for the original Zelda and Metroid. I think I'd have to go w/ copies as well though.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

tpugmire

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 10:01:36 am »
Those two, along with Super Mario 2, Ice Hockey, and Tetris are my favorite ones.  There is a guy that used to do reproductions of 8 of them, but I'm not sure if he's still doing them.  The last post on this thread is over 3 years old, so who knows?
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=1713.0

Also, here is a link to a couple different ones.
http://www.racketboy.com/retro/nintendo/nes/2008/02/finding-the-best-8-bit-nintendo-art-from-japan.html
I love the geeky Japanese kid on the Tetris one!
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

scott

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 10:59:18 am »
I could see having a couple framed in a game room for sure.

jobocan

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 11:43:27 am »
That Metroid one is really cool... Post any info if you can find where to buy those reproductions, I'd love to get some of them.

tpugmire

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 04:50:22 pm »
I actually signed up on famicomworld.com just so I could send that guy a pm.  He just replied saying that he has a few sets left.  I'll see if I can get some more info and I'll let you guys know.

scott

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 04:53:02 pm »
sweetness

amauriel

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 02:04:45 pm »
Please let me know if you do. That Metroid one is AWESOME.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

tpugmire

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2011, 04:36:29 pm »
Ok, I just heard back from that guy.  He says that he still has sets and they are $12.00 a set plus $5.00 shipping to anywhere in the US.  He won't split up sets because everyone wants Metroid and Zelda and he would wind up with all the stuff nobody wants.  (So why make them at all...?)  He still hasn't given me an email address yet though.  

amauriel

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2011, 05:40:11 pm »
I dunno, the little Disk Famicom guy is pretty awesome too. I need more posters like a hole in the head, but I'm still probably in.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

scott

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2011, 06:10:04 pm »
@tpugmire For $12 the whole set is worth it. I'd totally go for a set.

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2011, 08:06:16 pm »
I want 1!

tpugmire

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2011, 10:36:12 am »
I should point out, just in case anyone missed it, that these are quite a bit smaller than posters.  They are 8.5 x 11 inches.  Some Famicom games used to come with these flyers folded up inside the boxes, and these are exact reproductions (only one side though) of those.  I asked him if he had plans to do any others and he said that he didn't want to de-value the originals any more than he already has, so I guess that's all there is unless someone else starts doing reproductions too.  I'll get in touch with him again and get this going.

tpugmire

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2011, 10:21:25 am »
Ok, I was able to get some contact info.  If you are interested in ordering a set, email him at whenitpainsitroars@gmail.com to set it up.  His paypal email is different though, it is videogamesarerad@gmail.com.  He has a good rep at famicomworld.com, so hopefully things will go smoothly for all.

jobocan

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2011, 11:21:14 am »
Cool stuff, thanks for the info. Wonder if he ships to Canada... We'll see.

*EDIT*
Seems like he does.