Author Topic: Code of Princess  (Read 1653 times)

scott

Code of Princess
« on: October 10, 2012, 12:05:08 am »
Been playing it for a bit tonight. I'm totally digging it, the game does have that Guardian Heroes feel to it. The dialog is a little laughable, but funny and the music is great.

I've only played as Solange so far. But I can totally see myself knocking a lot of hours out on this game.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

desocietas

Re: Code of Princess
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 03:32:27 am »
Mine should be here by the end of tomorrow!  Anyone else getting this game?

Coop time!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 12:37:55 am »
We (Desocietas and me) played some co-op today and it was pretty fun. I'm not sure if it was more fun because we were talking over Skype the whole time or not. But if anyone else picks up the game, it'd be nice to get some more folks in on it for sure.

desocietas

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 01:35:47 am »
We (Desocietas and me) played some co-op today and it was pretty fun. I'm not sure if it was more fun because we were talking over Skype the whole time or not. But if anyone else picks up the game, it'd be nice to get some more folks in on it for sure.

Still some launch copies with soundtracks out there in the wild.  Voice acting is great, and it's a fun title overall.  Can't wait to put more time into it and unlock more levels/quests.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

desocietas

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 11:27:42 am »
Stealing this bit from the other thread:

So, I've been seeing quite a few "Code of princess" games recently added to people's collections here.

Anyone playing it yet?

What do you think of it?

What (other games) is it like?

Think it'd be playable one-handed?

That's a good question about playing it one-handed... It's a button-mashing-heavy game with combo attacks that involve the d-pad and A/B/X/Y, not unlike a brawler like Street Fighter, but not at the pace of that title or BlazBlue.  A lot of the fun for me, so far, is getting familiar with the special attacks for each character.  While they may be similar commands for all characters, the same input results in very different attacks.

Now, mind you, I'm terrible at remembering combos and such, and the game provides you with a handy command list on the touchscreen for reference.

And it regard to gameplay, so far each "quest" is kind of like a side-scrolling short hallway, with enemies showing up on either side of your characters and you just brawl until they're gone.

I can see it not being for everyone, but if you like Atlus games (great voice acting and very quirky characters/writing) and casual brawlers, you might like this one.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 11:30:32 am by desocietas »
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 09:10:20 pm »
I'm enjoying CoP thus far, but I don't like how short the levels are, there's a bit too much stoppage for my taste. I guess I was just looking for a Guardian Heroes clone, which this simply isn't. It has lots of similar qualities, and actually, I feel like they ripped off GH pretty hard in some respects, mainly enemies, but for some reason it just isn't as good. I hate the guy with the guitar! It's really annoying when he strums while he's talking, the noise is just horrible and makes me want to keep the volume down.
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

blipcs76

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 01:58:55 pm »
I wish I had a 3DS so I could enjoy this game.  I really miss this type of brawler; the beat-em-up genre has been essentially dead for a long time.

scott

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 02:04:20 pm »
I agree that the bard is kinda annoying and they should have toned down the guitar a little. I also think that they did a great job of catching the Guardian Heroes vibe and it's should since some of the main folks on it are also the guys that brought us Guardian Heroes in the first place.

desocietas

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2012, 02:33:39 pm »
I like the bard's moves and attacks and have come to ignore the sound fx a bit.  But I tried playing it at a friend's house while she was reading, and I got annoyed at him for her sake and immediately switched to another character.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas