Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1596966 times)

rayne315

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #10290 on: March 31, 2016, 01:59:58 pm »
What are your thoughts on this game?

It's actually a cheap SNES RPG, so I'm thinking about picking it up. But I'm wondering if it's cheap because it sucks.

Its a beginner rpg with little to no variation and paths set out for you to follow. I own and have played it (not through) the only way it truly sucks is if you are a big rpg-fan then this game is extreamly slow little thought process required type game but if you have never played an rpg before its apparently fun. (I let my 5 year old nephew play it and he seemed to enjoy it)

Id only buy it if it were about $5 or less personally. (I think I spent 7 on it)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 02:02:34 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

kashell

« Reply #10291 on: March 31, 2016, 02:01:56 pm »
Over 200 dollars to rent a goddamn tuxedo...

Do these places not realize that I could buy (and keep, not rent) video games for that much?!

But video games don't make you feel like James Bond for a day

I played Golden Eye. I felt like James Bond for many a day.

rayne315

« Reply #10292 on: March 31, 2016, 02:04:45 pm »

Do these places not realize that I could buy (and keep, not rent) video games for that much?!

I played Golden Eye. I felt like James Bond for many a day.

or you could go to goodwill and spend like $30-50 on one then go and buy a few games with that left over $150 and still feel like james bond

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

kashell

« Reply #10293 on: March 31, 2016, 02:33:29 pm »
If I came to my sister's wedding in a tux that didn't match the rest of the groomsmen's, both she and my mother would annihilate me.

rayne315

« Reply #10294 on: March 31, 2016, 02:37:03 pm »
If I came to my sister's wedding in a tux that didn't match the rest of the groomsmen's, both she and my mother would annihilate me.

Lol where is the downside again? handful of videogames, being killed by your sister... Id go with the video games ;D :P

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10295 on: March 31, 2016, 02:41:39 pm »

Especially not Golden Eye :)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #10296 on: March 31, 2016, 03:05:46 pm »

Lol where is the downside again? handful of videogames, being killed by your sister... Id go with the video games ;D :P

But-but-but...how can I enjoy video games if I'm massacred by members of the family of the fairer sex?

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10297 on: March 31, 2016, 05:01:58 pm »

But-but-but...how can I enjoy video games if I'm massacred by members of the family of the fairer sex?

First off, there's nothing "fair" about women.

B) You better do what you're told.  Games come and go, but a pissed off woman is something you don't want to deal with.

3) Wear the tux.  Drink a martini.  Be Bond.  James Bond.  8)

tpugmire

« Reply #10298 on: March 31, 2016, 05:25:01 pm »
Anyone download Miitomo yet?  It's... different.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

rayne315

« Reply #10299 on: March 31, 2016, 05:54:32 pm »

I hadn't realized it released in the states yet. ill give it a go.

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

abe

« Reply #10300 on: March 31, 2016, 06:52:56 pm »

I tried it, but it doesn't seem like it would be all that fun without a bunch of friends. The problem here is I can't convince any to join because they either don't care or they think it looks dumb. :P Even still, it feels kinda pointless. So far all I've done is told my Mii what kind of bread I like and bought some virtual clothes using virtual money it gave me for not really doing anything.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10301 on: March 31, 2016, 07:23:29 pm »

...Or sex  :o

Any other Sons of Anarchy fans here?

I've been thinking that it could make a hell of a RPG, maybe, something in the vein of Red Dead Redemption - just hogs instead of horses.

Thoughts?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #10302 on: March 31, 2016, 08:03:35 pm »

...Or sex  :o

Any other Sons of Anarchy fans here?

I've been thinking that it could make a hell of a RPG, maybe, something in the vein of Red Dead Redemption - just hogs instead of horses.

Thoughts?

I haven't watched any episodes of SoA, but it does sound like it would be awesome. I would try to make it like Yakuza, except with a biker gang.

desocietas

« Reply #10303 on: March 31, 2016, 09:27:49 pm »

I just finally got it going now.  Feel free to add me through Twitter - my username there is @desocietas.

If anything, it looks to be connected with the new https://my.nintendo.com/ site which is the new Club Nintendo basically. One of the rewards is a My Nintendo-exclusive version of Picross.

If anything, check out the new rewards program... there are discounts and ways to redeem for free games eventually.  I'll have to look it over some more when I get home.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #10304 on: March 31, 2016, 09:35:18 pm »
Which season of Daredevil?

I watched the rest of season 1 today and working on 2 now.