Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1601247 times)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #10470 on: April 14, 2016, 02:04:55 pm »
Did anyone else see the articles that AMC Theaters are going to start allowing cell phone usage to "draw in the younger crowd?"  Well, there goes any hope of me spending a dime in a movie theater again.  They are overpriced, the food is ridiculously overpriced and now morons are going to sit there with their glowing iPhone screens, typing whatever nonsensical drivel they think makes them so damn important and screwing up my viewing pleasure. 

Hell, at the Maiden concert last week, Bruce fronted a guy out.  This guy was tweeting while standing directly in front of the stage.  He was so close, he could see if one of the band had a booger.  People are so addicted to their cell phones...I watched a guy at Walmart texting and walking...straight into the giant car battery rack.  He smacked his kisser on it real good.  Then they wonder why states are starting to pass laws that you can't be walking and texting.  It's completely ridiculous.  Because you are a dumbass and get hurt while playing on your phone, you think you get to sue?  That's where all this stems from.

I rarely go to movies now, more reason for me not to go.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

gf78

« Reply #10471 on: April 14, 2016, 02:05:05 pm »
Is AMC the only chain that's changing the policy? I usually go to Cinemark theatres where they are strictly anti-phone during the movie and will kick you out if you are causing any distractions.

AMC is the only chain announcing it.  But I'm sure if it catches on, others will follow.  The only theater within 30 miles of me is an AMC theater.  So...yeah.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

gf78

« Reply #10472 on: April 14, 2016, 02:08:44 pm »

Look, I get that phones these days do lots of cool things.  I use mine all the time.  It is both an endless source of entertainment and an endless source of knowledge.  But there is a time and place for everything.  Driving?  Don't use your phone.  Walking?  Don't use your phone.  Eating dinner?  Don't use your friggin' phone.  A movie, concert or other sporting event?  If you are texting and not paying attention to what you paid good money for then you are a moron.  And you still shouldn't be using your phone!  Especially if it is interfering with or hindering someone else's enjoyment.  That's called common courtesy. 

You know, common courtesy?  Like when you use a public restroom, don't piss in the floor.  Don't take a dump and not flush it.  Wash your hands.  Basically, behave as if you were in your own home. 
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 02:10:33 pm by gf78 »
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

rayne315

« Reply #10473 on: April 14, 2016, 02:09:45 pm »
As long as they aren't being noisy with music or video game sounds or something, I really don't see the teeny-tiny glow of phone screens messing with the viewing of the gigantic movie screen in front of you.

but that's sort of the thing.. I have NEVER been to a movie where someone on their phone ISNT obnoxious. weather it be them talking on it, on youtube, sharing posts with their friends sitting next to them, or the compulsive audible commenting on their myface feed. once I even had to go out and tell the managers how a dumbass kid was recording the movie visibly on his phone by holding it above his dumbass head. I hope he got the like $50,000 fine too
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 02:15:12 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

rayne315

« Reply #10474 on: April 14, 2016, 02:14:25 pm »

Look, I get that phones these days do lots of cool things.  I use mine all the time.  It is both an endless source of entertainment and an endless source of knowledge.  But there is a time and place for everything.  Driving?  Don't use your phone.  Walking?  Don't use your phone.  Eating dinner?  Don't use your friggin' phone.  A movie, concert or other sporting event?  If you are texting and not paying attention to what you paid good money for then you are a moron.  And you still shouldn't be using your phone!  Especially if it is interfering with or hindering someone else's enjoyment.  That's called common courtesy. 

You know, common courtesy?  Like when you use a public restroom, don't piss in the floor.  Don't take a dump and not flush it.  Wash your hands.  Basically, behave as if you were in your own home.

RANT MODE ENGAGE:

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

gf78

« Reply #10475 on: April 14, 2016, 02:15:01 pm »
As long as they aren't being noisy with music or video game sounds or something, I really don't see the teeny-tiny glow of phone screens messing with the viewing of the gigantic movie screen in front of you.

but that's sort of the thing.. I have NEVER been to a movie where someone on their phone ISNT obnoxious. weather it be them talking on it, on youtube, sharing posts with their friends sitting next to them, or the compulsive audible commenting on their myface feed. once I even had to go out and tell the managers how a dumbass kid was recording the movie visibly on his phone by holding it above his dumbass head.

That is exactly it rayne.  For me, the simple fact that you are even using your phone to do that crap in the movie theater bugs me to no end.  Unless you get an emergency text or call, put that friggin' thing away.  I bet they wouldn't like it if I took a bright-ass LED flashlight and stuck it in their face constantly.  That's how I feel when I see phone screens coming on.  And they aren't even smart enough to put it on auto-brightness.  So instead of a barely lit, dim screen coming on you may notice for a moment, it's like someone set off some fireworks it's so damn bright.   >:(

kashell

« Reply #10476 on: April 14, 2016, 02:54:37 pm »

but that's sort of the thing.. I have NEVER been to a movie where someone on their phone ISNT obnoxious. weather it be them talking on it, on youtube, sharing posts with their friends sitting next to them, or the compulsive audible commenting on their myface feed. once I even had to go out and tell the managers how a dumbass kid was recording the movie visibly on his phone by holding it above his dumbass head.

That is exactly it rayne.  For me, the simple fact that you are even using your phone to do that crap in the movie theater bugs me to no end.  Unless you get an emergency text or call, put that friggin' thing away.  I bet they wouldn't like it if I took a bright-ass LED flashlight and stuck it in their face constantly.  That's how I feel when I see phone screens coming on.  And they aren't even smart enough to put it on auto-brightness.  So instead of a barely lit, dim screen coming on you may notice for a moment, it's like someone set off some fireworks it's so damn bright.   >:(

I'm just confused as to what the hell is so important that they have to pull out their god damn phones in the first place.

"Omigawd, Ryan Gosling has a new tattoo! Check it out!"

"Like, woah, this new chick at school has some hot selfies!"

"I need to text my husband to pick up bread."

I mean, what is so important that you're distracting the patrons from the movie?

soera

« Reply #10477 on: April 14, 2016, 03:02:39 pm »
Here's the thing for all the kiddies out there who think they are the next big online sensation:  Put your fucking phone away.  When I grew up, you didn't have a damn phone to carry around with you.  Nobody gives a shit about a picture of the sandwich you ate at TGI Friday's or your stupid duck-face selfie.  If you want to tell people you saw "whatever movie" do it after the movie.  Maybe I'm old and jaded, but when I get behind some blithering idiot driving 15 miles an hour under the speed limit and drifting in their lane only to find they are on the phone?  I want to make them pull over and physically shove their phone up their asshole.  I mean it.  Right up their asshole.  Tweet that.   >:(

I ride a motorcycle and those texting drivers really terrify me.

gf78

« Reply #10478 on: April 14, 2016, 03:09:29 pm »
Here's the thing for all the kiddies out there who think they are the next big online sensation:  Put your fucking phone away.  When I grew up, you didn't have a damn phone to carry around with you.  Nobody gives a shit about a picture of the sandwich you ate at TGI Friday's or your stupid duck-face selfie.  If you want to tell people you saw "whatever movie" do it after the movie.  Maybe I'm old and jaded, but when I get behind some blithering idiot driving 15 miles an hour under the speed limit and drifting in their lane only to find they are on the phone?  I want to make them pull over and physically shove their phone up their asshole.  I mean it.  Right up their asshole.  Tweet that.   >:(

I ride a motorcycle and those texting drivers really terrify me.

I imagine so my friend.  Distracted drivers as they call them are worse than drunk drivers.  At least the drunk usually has his eyes on the road.  These morons are looking down at their phone instead of looking where they are going.  It's friggin' dangerous.

Warmsignal

« Reply #10479 on: April 14, 2016, 03:14:28 pm »

YES. I sometimes feel like a hypocrite saying it, but people looking at their cell phones all of the time gets on my nerves. I'm a hypocrite, because I do it too (I'm sure people give me the same accusing looks). But, the key difference is if I'm doing something else that requires my undivided attention, I don't look at it. I wait until a dull moment of doing nothing before I will look at it. Of course, on the flip side people complain that I "never respond to my texts" which gets on my nerves as well.

I've noticed that other people cannot seem to resist looking at a text message regardless of what they're doing. The text message seems to be the main priority. If they're helping someone move a heavy piece of furniture and get a text. Oh lord, STOP. Got to pull my phone out and see this text right now! Or if they're driving and get a text, they don't care to put your life in peril as they swerve left and right looking down at the text and responding to it. Or when you're supposed to be getting help from an employee and they're texting... ugh. I could go on and on. The point I'd love to get across to all of these people is, the stupid text IS NOT more important than what you're supposed to be doing. If you want to text your friends back and forth, stay home all day and have at it. In the real world, people have things to do and not to mention, it's super ****ing rude when you are with someone.

I nearly hit a person once because they were texting while walking in the road. It wasn't an accident either, they needed the wake up call.

rayne315

« Reply #10480 on: April 14, 2016, 04:17:31 pm »
on a less serious note but on the same topic.

Me and anyone I hang out with have rules that we follow. if we are hanging out then you can answer calls only, if not then you either make dinner or buy take out, and when we go out to eat everyone takes out their phone and places them face down on the table and if anyone looks at their phone then they have to buy the whole meal.

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

Warmsignal

« Reply #10481 on: April 14, 2016, 04:24:46 pm »

Me and anyone I hang out with have rules that we follow. if we are hanging out then you can answer calls only, if not then you either make dinner or buy take out, and when we go out to eat everyone takes out their phone and places them face down on the table and if anyone looks at their phone then they have to buy the whole meal.

I was gonna comment on the sad spectacle that is seeing a group of people sitting at a table in a restaurant, while they all look down at their phones.  ::) It's like they're all that kid who has an attitude and doesn't want to eat dinner with the family. It looks ridiculously stupid.

kashell

« Reply #10482 on: April 15, 2016, 08:42:21 am »

We do that, too! It's nice to see common courtesy hasn't gone to hell.

However, we do have one caveat. If, during the discussion, there's a question that none of us can answer, we allow someone to look stuff up on a phone. But once the answer is received, the phone gets put away.

gf78

« Reply #10483 on: April 15, 2016, 09:32:31 am »

We do that, too! It's nice to see common courtesy hasn't gone to hell.

However, we do have one caveat. If, during the discussion, there's a question that none of us can answer, we allow someone to look stuff up on a phone. But once the answer is received, the phone gets put away.

That's acceptable to me too, to look up something that is being discussed.  But to just sit around on your phone is bullshit. 

gf78

« Reply #10484 on: April 15, 2016, 09:38:59 am »
RANT MODE ENGAGE:

LOL....sorry.  Stuff like that just really bugs me.  Nobody has any manners or courtesy anymore.  They don't give a thought about another person.  Just like the assholes that park so close, you can't even open your door to squeeze in your car.  They have to know they parked that close, but they do it anyway.  They don't give a shit.  So when I finally get into my car, I've been using my time in a productive manner to work up the biggest hocker I can muster.  I then proceed to roll my window down as I back out and plant the giant loogie directly on their window.  It's my way of repaying the courtesy they so graciously showed me.