Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1595526 times)

kashell

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #11265 on: June 02, 2016, 02:03:37 pm »
I especially wanted to see the Bodies World: Animals Inside Out exhibit (http://www.montrealsciencecentre.com/temporary-exhibition/animal-inside-out)
But the Science Center is currently closed because the employees are on strike  :(

The other thing is a... tree-parcour kind of thing? You have a harness and do cool parcour things in trees. There's a miniature version of this in the Old Port, set in a pirate ship. It's super fun, but my boyfriend feels like he couldn't physically handle it currently, and I'm not going to push him for that.
Here's a video since my description sucks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e_yz6QPeJQ

The museum sounds interesting. It's a shame the employees are ruining it for you. However, the second activity seems plausible. Can your bf sit back and take pictures of you participating? Or maybe you can go with a friend and then you and the bf can do something later? It sounds like a blast.

In all seriousness, how cold does it actually get around there in the summer?

I was there over Labor Day Weekend about ten years ago and the weather was perfect. It was about 80 degrees and sunny. So, I'm sure the summers are pleasant. Unfortunately, I was there for New Years a few years later and the weather was brutal.

karyann

« Reply #11266 on: June 03, 2016, 12:16:55 pm »
Our anniversary is pretty close to my birthday, so we generally use the anniversary to spend the day eating sushi and playing multiplayer games, usually it's Mario Party or Pokemon Puzzle League, but this year we will probably play Fallout Brotherhood of Steel... and Mario Party.

Birthday though, I think it's usually do my own thing and play whatever game I feel like.  My wife and I are similar that way, she's always claimed to be a gamer, but she rarely plays games, and when she does it's RPGs and stuff (Not knocking it).  But we finally got a gaming computer and now she plays games like crazy, she is totally a PC gamer, she finally gets FPS games now that she can use a keyboard and mouse.  She's been more open to different kinds of games now that she has a better understanding of how the games work now.  Don't ask me, somehow it took a keyboard and mouse for her to understand using 2 joysticks. 

To answer your question though, I have no suggestions for you other than to maybe find some sort of middle/common ground, and pick a game there that's multiplayer.

I can totally relate to the FPS and joysticks issues  ::) I'm 99% console gamer, the remaining 1% is for FPS. I can't stand aiming with a joystick.  ::)

The museum sounds interesting. It's a shame the employees are ruining it for you. However, the second activity seems plausible. Can your bf sit back and take pictures of you participating? Or maybe you can go with a friend and then you and the bf can do something later? It sounds like a blast.

It's not too big an issue, the strike will eventually end and my boyfriend says he wants to hit up the gym for a few weeks first, so all I have to do for both is wait and kick his butt if he skips gym day  8) 
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 12:18:55 pm by karyann »

gf78

« Reply #11267 on: June 03, 2016, 01:25:16 pm »
I'm a happy, slappy owner of a brand-new Galaxy S7 Edge in gold!  My wife wanted to get one, and AT&T was running a special...so I ended up with one as well.  That 5.5" Super AMOLED display is drop-dead gorgeous! 

And the cherry on top has to be Samsung's Father's Day special that gives me a free Gear VR headset and $50 in credit toward Gear VR app purchases.  Already filled the forms out and now it's just the waiting game to get it all in the mail!  I already have a Gear VR headset, but now I can leave my S6 out of the case specifically to use in the Gear VR and I'll have a backup/spare.  And since I'm not a big app buyer, the $50 will be great to download some apps that I think look cool. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11268 on: June 03, 2016, 07:11:54 pm »
DuckTales Meets Metal ;D

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11269 on: June 04, 2016, 12:42:04 am »
How sad, Ali has died, one of the greatest boxers ever. He has suffered for years though. riP
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

gf78

« Reply #11270 on: June 04, 2016, 08:41:11 am »
DuckTales Meets Metal ;D

Metal makes everything better.  ;D
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

kashell

« Reply #11271 on: June 04, 2016, 02:46:55 pm »
What a night last night...I'm so glad that it's over with. @_@

karyann

« Reply #11272 on: June 05, 2016, 03:26:22 pm »

What did you do?

kashell

« Reply #11273 on: June 06, 2016, 09:51:05 am »

What did you do?

I was supposed to fly from BNA to CLE around 9 at night. Unfortunately, the flight got delayed until 11:30. Plus, nearly all of AT&T and Cricket were down so I had no means of communication. I ended up having to buy a burner phone in order to stay in touch with everyone. It was a nightmare. Hopefully the flight back is much less eventful.

It's weird to think how reliant we are on cell phones these days.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11274 on: June 06, 2016, 08:22:12 pm »
Son. Of. A. Bitch.

My WiiU disc drive ate shit. Looks like I'm dropping $100 to ship it off and get it fixed. Shit.

pacpix

« Reply #11275 on: June 06, 2016, 10:20:51 pm »
Damn dude that sucks  :(
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11276 on: June 07, 2016, 06:47:53 am »
After reading a recent blog from the admin of the video game collecting site "Darkadia" where they state the existence of the website may be in jeopardy due to their search results screwing up because they rely on another website for the searches, I suddenly appreciate user created databases more.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 06:52:22 am by mrfoxhound »

Badges

gf78

« Reply #11277 on: June 07, 2016, 08:54:50 am »
Son. Of. A. Bitch.

My WiiU disc drive ate shit. Looks like I'm dropping $100 to ship it off and get it fixed. Shit.

That sucks big time dude.  But on the plus side, when I saw you posted the words bitch and shit (x2), I thought of Tourrette's Guy on YouTube.  Now you just need to throw in a couple of "tits" and a "Bob Saget" and we are good!   ;D

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11278 on: June 07, 2016, 11:46:09 am »
Son. Of. A. Bitch.

that sucks!

Is that a common problem for Wii u?
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11279 on: June 07, 2016, 12:59:19 pm »
After reading a recent blog from the admin of the video game collecting site "Darkadia" where they state the existence of the website may be in jeopardy due to their search results screwing up because they rely on another website for the searches, I suddenly appreciate user created databases more.

I gave up on that site a long time ago. It was very pretty, loved the shelf-view. And I loved being able to sort my collection in various ways. But the site was way too buggy, no matter what browser I used. Not only did searches often screw-up, but if you have a large collection (which someone that uses a site like this likely would), it slows down and you have to wait for titles to load on your screen, among other bugs. It just all got too annoying to use.