Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1591784 times)

gf78

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #11655 on: July 13, 2016, 10:00:51 am »
Well, I said I would never buy an Xbox One because Microsoft are dicks and I stuck with it.  However, my wife winning the Doom edition acted as an "enabler" and just like any addict, I jumped in and bought a bunch of Xbox One games.  I'm not disappointed with them in any way and I've had and will continue to have a great time playing these games.  Where I was disappointed with Halo 4 overall, Halo 5 is a pretty fun game and I've been enjoying sharing teabags with people in Slayer. 

But I have to wonder...will Microsoft fuck me over again?  I'm not concerned with the upcoming S version as it's basically a slim revision with 4K Blu-Ray playback added on.  And I'm not bothered with the controller revision now including Bluetooth on the upcoming sets because connecting a wire to my PC is the only difference between what I have now and what the new controllers can do wirelessly.  And even at that, I could just buy another controller.  No biggie.

Scorpio is interesting but I don't feel like I am being "left behind" when it comes out as all games will continue to play on my standard 'bone.  I might feel a bit envious of it and the Neo, but not that I am left behind.  Hell, next year I may pick up a Neo/VR bundle and a Scorpio system.  You never know.

There are several upcoming exclusives on the Xbox One that I am interested in.  I'm cautiously optimistic about Recore.  It looks great, but Mighty No. 9 is a friggin' turd so I'm weary.  Halo Wars 2 and Gears of War 4 are no brainers.  And I'll probably pick up Forza Horizon 3 just for some racing fun. 

But I just feel uneasy about buying into the Xbox ecosystem wholeheartedly again. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

necrosexual

« Reply #11656 on: July 13, 2016, 01:50:27 pm »
I had two order for the zero time dilemma with the watch. Both GS & AMAZON pretty much canceled or gave it to some else. Life blows. All I wanted was the game and watch. Now, I'll have to pay out of my ass for one.

In the end I'll probably won't pick up a copy because it'll just me aggravate me.

That's irritating. I know GS can pull of some stunts, but that's the first time I ever heard of them giving a game (that was pre-ordered) to someone else.

they will if you're >48 hrs late
or if they took too many preorders for the amount of copies received and then it's first come first serve.

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.

karyann

« Reply #11657 on: July 13, 2016, 08:08:18 pm »
Happiness is enjoying a game that gets nearly universally bashed. Star Ocean V is turning out to be more fun than I expected.

Amen to that :) People like to get hyped over hating things together, for some reason. That usually turns into ugly things for no reason.  :-\

I agree - I have a friend who loves to rant about any new fad, and currently he's bashing Pokemon Go. He's not playing it, and it's not hurting anyone, so I think he just likes yelling at people who get near his lawn  ::)

Old fart detected  ;) haha. Says the crazy cat lady  ::)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11658 on: July 14, 2016, 02:40:16 am »
Anyone playing 7 days to die? Considering getting it.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

necrosexual

« Reply #11659 on: July 14, 2016, 02:53:45 am »
i'm kinda already getting worn out on thrifting.
one thrift store near me has someone who is savvy and prices a bit lower than ebay. super smash melee? $50 there.

it's just tiring.

i'm really ready for this bubble to pop and vidya gaem market crash or whatever. like, this shit is getting ridiculous. nearly found a kingdom hearts ii in box, it was a bit scruffed, but whatever, if it was $3 or w/e, i was gonna grab it.
lo and behold, the fucking box is empty.
i gave it to an associate and told her it was in her best interest to start telling the people in the back to glass-case those games.
the gaming community (resell community?) is fucking awful.

i kinda wish i would have offered to buy the case, but honestly, that would have made ME look like the thief there.
there was some other titles, but nothing of my interest. i left them. including a wrong-game-in-crash-bandicoot-case. and an incomplete tomb raider: last revelation, so i didn't bother with it.
they also had a lot of neat pc titles, but i simply didn't have the cash for decade-old pc games. wish i had, they had unreal 1, and i actually own the manual for it. also, a copy of tropico, complete other than the box, which was hella neat.

it really sickens me to go thrifting, then see a fuckload of stolen games. they're already at a huge discount.

i hit them all every so often, but a few, i'm going to mark out. namely, the ones who have 'wisened up' and have started pricing competitive.
even that OG xbox didn't stop the weardown of this scene. yea, the xbox was a cool find (just need a controller) but it's so dry around here. and even when i found that, this one guy fucking glared at me the whole time i was standing in line. guess he was the unfortunate fuck who found the mangled 360 controller for 5 bucks and thought he'd find something else. 'cept i already had the OGbox.

i dread bothering going to the flea market. i doubt i'll bother. it's a terribly long drive out, and the return is probably slim to none. the other one that is closer is 90% ghetto garbage.

on the other hand, i just hate buying online. offer up and craigslist is full of overpriced garbage too ("ps3 and 10 [sports/CoD] games $300 firm") so i have no idea where else to look. ebay is overpriced. amazon is insane. there's a couple used game stores around me that are pretty nice, but one of them puts in those anti-theft stickers that are a massive bitch to remove post-sale. (these: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-XdN5LdRPU00/T93hHcT3mZI/AAAAAAAAAUg/H0Fa23Tg4iE/s1600/anti_theft_sticker_3.jpg they're just dreadful to remove, they take half an hour per box) while i don't fault them for sticking them (nicely inside the box, behind the manuals) at ALL, they also have no way to remove them behind the counter (i asked, politely). so while their prices are actually below ebay prices on most games via pricecharting.com, at least for retro titles, i really mentally struggle with the 'should i bother?' thought.

yard sales just seem like nightmares to try to browse, especially considering offer up has a lot of resellers on there, who probably are headhunters here. i see the same 10 or so people with dozens of individual listings. i don't even want to bother with fighting them 'in the wild'.

dunno what to do anymore. guess that's why i'm preoccupied with ps3/360 rn.

i don't know, games have always been stolen in goodwill and shit, but seriously. it wasn't this awful when i first started collecting, back around 2007 or so. what the fuck has happened? i drop out of the scene here and there (i get focused on other things, drawing or i fall down the pits of a mental disorder i have that i can't climb out of quickly, or i start working ridiculous 55+ hr weeks, or whatever) and every fucking time i come back, shit seems to be crazier than the last time.

it's really depressing, all in all.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 03:01:05 am by necrosexual »

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.

kashell

« Reply #11660 on: July 14, 2016, 07:53:05 am »
Happiness is enjoying a game that gets nearly universally bashed. Star Ocean V is turning out to be more fun than I expected.

Amen to that :) People like to get hyped over hating things together, for some reason. That usually turns into ugly things for no reason.  :-\

I agree - I have a friend who loves to rant about any new fad, and currently he's bashing Pokemon Go. He's not playing it, and it's not hurting anyone, so I think he just likes yelling at people who get near his lawn  ::)

Old fart detected  ;) haha. Says the crazy cat lady  ::)

Going to pet stores and volunteering at the humane society, I can see how one becomes a crazy cat person. I mean...look at them. They're so tiny and fuzzy!

I'm still a dog person, though.

« Reply #11661 on: July 14, 2016, 08:22:53 am »
words
Someone made the statement that maybe it was donated without the game and the employs just threw a sticker on it and put it on the shelf (Possible I guess).  But I was in a situation where I was watching a handful of crap games marked $3.99 for weeks, absolutely CIB.  Come the day where the games are marked half price, $1.98, all of the discs have been stolen out of the cases.  You couldn't be bothered to steal the discs when they were $4, but now that they are $2, you can be bothered to steal the discs... and you can't be bothered to just pay the $2/game?  You can't possibly be expecting to make money from stealing these games, I'm talking about shitty $4 games, games that people wouldn't pay $4 a piece for complete.

Try pawn shops, sometimes you can find some good deals at pawn shops, and usually they will haggle.

rayne315

« Reply #11662 on: July 14, 2016, 10:47:58 am »
words
Someone made the statement that maybe it was donated without the game and the employs just threw a sticker on it and put it on the shelf (Possible I guess).  But I was in a situation where I was watching a handful of crap games marked $3.99 for weeks, absolutely CIB.  Come the day where the games are marked half price, $1.98, all of the discs have been stolen out of the cases.  You couldn't be bothered to steal the discs when they were $4, but now that they are $2, you can be bothered to steal the discs... and you can't be bothered to just pay the $2/game?  You can't possibly be expecting to make money from stealing these games, I'm talking about shitty $4 games, games that people wouldn't pay $4 a piece for complete.

Try pawn shops, sometimes you can find some good deals at pawn shops, and usually they will haggle.

like the complete copies of .hack I found at one pawn shop for $.50 a piece ;) really the only great luck ive had. the pawn shops around me always price $10-30 for ps4/xbone depending on the game $5 for ps3/360/wii u/3ds  $3 for ds/wii $2 for all cartridge games nes/snes/gen/n64/gba/gb/2600/ect and $1 for all ps2/ps1/xbox. every now and then you will find great games for great prices but its always a gamble on if they will work or not.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

gf78

« Reply #11663 on: July 14, 2016, 11:20:44 am »
Going to pet stores and volunteering at the humane society, I can see how one becomes a crazy cat person. I mean...look at them. They're so tiny and fuzzy!

I love both.  But man, cats are friggin' awesome!  If you want to have fun, take a laser pointer in there and watch the cats go apeshit chasing that little dot around.   ;D
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

telly

« Reply #11664 on: July 14, 2016, 01:04:12 pm »
I'm more of a cat person personally. Some dogs, especially big jumpy ones that bark a lot, make me very skittish and uncomfortable.  :-\
Currently Playing:
Super Paper Mario (Wii), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

« Reply #11665 on: July 14, 2016, 03:54:04 pm »

I love both.  But man, cats are friggin' awesome!  If you want to have fun, take a laser pointer in there and watch the cats go apeshit chasing that little dot around.   ;D

Yes! A cat plus a laser pointer is perfect way to kill a few minutes. It's so entertaining.

Warmsignal

« Reply #11666 on: July 14, 2016, 04:48:06 pm »
Feels good to be up and running again with my new PC. No more ancient single core processor garbage. Still want to get some of my stuff back though.

kashell

« Reply #11667 on: July 15, 2016, 12:21:48 pm »
This is so true and so me.

Warmsignal

« Reply #11668 on: July 15, 2016, 01:32:38 pm »
Hmm... I've never heard this one. I wonder if men really overreact to colds, or if it's perceived this way over less tolerance for men complaining in general. Maybe both.

kashell

« Reply #11669 on: July 15, 2016, 02:03:09 pm »
When it comes to colds (or being sick in general) I'm a total wimp.