Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1601056 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #11865 on: August 11, 2016, 03:33:36 pm »
If you can't stay on topic, you can all eat a dick.  ;)

We can have a conversation about without feeding each other shit sandwiches and the like. 

Let's just talk about games, folks.  That's why we're here.  This little corner of the internet is usually free of drama, but some people want to drag it in.  Let's not.  Let's just be cordial.   We don't have to hold hands and sing kumbaya, but we do have to be civil.

« Reply #11866 on: August 11, 2016, 03:34:33 pm »

We can have a conversation about without feeding each other shit sandwiches and the like. 

Let's just talk about games, folks.  That's why we're here.  This little corner of the internet is usually free of drama, but some people want to drag it in.  Let's not.  Let's just be cordial.   We don't have to hold hands and sing kumbaya, but we do have to be civil.
WAT?

gf78

« Reply #11867 on: August 11, 2016, 03:34:50 pm »
Excellent! That's called time well spent. Do you have any back ups just in case you happen to blaze through everything sooner than expected?

Oh yeah!  After those, I have:

Ori and the Blind Forest
Song of the Deep
Forza Motorsport 6 career mode

...and about a half-dozen other games I can invest time into including Rare Replay, Project Spark and Killer Instinct.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11868 on: August 11, 2016, 03:37:24 pm »

Those Mutant Turtles have some girth on them.  Good for you, Raphael.

karyann

« Reply #11869 on: August 11, 2016, 03:55:31 pm »
Oh my dear, dem pickles  :o

« Reply #11870 on: August 11, 2016, 04:03:32 pm »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11871 on: August 11, 2016, 04:55:48 pm »
I don't get the popularity of Funko Pops. My local comic shop just got Power Rangers ones in, and everyone is going mad.

Does this mean I'm officially old?

kashell

« Reply #11872 on: August 11, 2016, 05:06:29 pm »

Here's another idea. If you can't stay on topic, you should totally check out this great, fresh podcast called Our Parents' Basement. Perhaps you've heard of it??

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11873 on: August 11, 2016, 05:11:42 pm »
I don't get the popularity of Funko Pops. My local comic shop just got Power Rangers ones in, and everyone is going mad.

Does this mean I'm officially old?

Yes.  Yes it does.

Here's another idea. If you can't stay on topic, you should totally check out this great, fresh podcast called Our Parents' Basement. Perhaps you've heard of it??

I hear those cats never stay on topic.

soera

« Reply #11874 on: August 11, 2016, 06:49:19 pm »
Excellent! That's called time well spent. Do you have any back ups just in case you happen to blaze through everything sooner than expected?

Oh yeah!  After those, I have:

Ori and the Blind Forest
Song of the Deep
Forza Motorsport 6 career mode

...and about a half-dozen other games I can invest time into including Rare Replay, Project Spark and Killer Instinct.

You need to find some time to drive to OKC and come look at my game room long enough to bring you back to the blue!

Warmsignal

« Reply #11875 on: August 11, 2016, 10:33:44 pm »
Holy crap, the Weezer album "Raditude" is so, so, so bad. Picked it up randomly, because I hadn't heard anything from them in 15 years. So bad. What the heck is this? Gonna see if I can return it tomorrow, I spent actual money on this. I've never seen a band of 40-year-old dudes try so hard to appeal to teens. Like, almost none of the songs are even written by the band. It's a disaster in audio form.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 10:37:06 pm by Warmsignal »

Warmsignal

« Reply #11876 on: August 12, 2016, 12:19:34 am »
Seriously, what has gotten into human beings lately?? Why does it seem like everyone is on such an incredibly short fuse and ready to blow? Just the other day, some guy in a car behind me started going off and honking at me for pulling over and parking in front of the house I was going to. He got so furious, he turned his car around and came back honking again. Then, today on the national news, a driver opened fire on another driver because windshield cleaning fluid splashed his car from the car next to him. Now, just a few hours ago, someone was gunned down in my town after getting into an argument over a fender bender. WTF.  :-\

Why are people so unhinged is what I'd like to know. It's like if you step on someone's toes by accident, they might just murder you. Actually, I did recently see a video where someone began cursing another person on a train for their bag being set on their toes and it turned into physical punching and being thrown off. Like everyone is flying off the hook over more and more trivial things. A minor inconvenience turns into absolute rage. I'm seeing this everywhere. I don't like to mention it, but I even notice similar eruptions occurring on this forum from time to time. I just don't understand. Why can't folks chill out? What are they putting in the water to cause all of this insanity?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 12:21:41 am by Warmsignal »

necrosexual

« Reply #11877 on: August 12, 2016, 12:51:44 am »
Seriously, what has gotten into human beings lately?? Why does it seem like everyone is on such an incredibly short fuse and ready to blow? Just the other day, some guy in a car behind me started going off and honking at me for pulling over and parking in front of the house I was going to. He got so furious, he turned his car around and came back honking again. Then, today on the national news, a driver opened fire on another driver because windshield cleaning fluid splashed his car from the car next to him. Now, just a few hours ago, someone was gunned down in my town after getting into an argument over a fender bender. WTF.  :-\

Why are people so unhinged is what I'd like to know. It's like if you step on someone's toes by accident, they might just murder you. Actually, I did recently see a video where someone began cursing another person on a train for their bag being set on their toes and it turned into physical punching and being thrown off. Like everyone is flying off the hook over more and more trivial things. A minor inconvenience turns into absolute rage. I'm seeing this everywhere. I don't like to mention it, but I even notice similar eruptions occurring on this forum from time to time. I just don't understand. Why can't folks chill out? What are they putting in the water to cause all of this insanity?

1) violent crime is down statistically, the media overblows it. it's at its lowest point since the 1950s.

2) stop watching the news lmao

3) when people are stressed they take it out on shit that doesn't matter. if you're stressed and can't change your circumstance, there's some relief to getting pissed at things that don't matter in the long run.

i am a delivery driver. i get the brunt of some of the worst of idiots on the road. like, for my job, i gotta go fast(~!!!). it's part of the job description. it's how you make money.
but the same asshole who tips well for fast service... is the same fuckface who screams SLOW DOWWWWNNNN NKASDMSAKDMASDKMA when you speed past their house... for someone else.

what really blows my mind, is how i go by shops... mostly pawn shops... that are very openly politically divided. like, they're intentionally putting it out there... pawn shops all around me have these trump stickers plastered everywhere, countdowns til the election, their business signs say shit like "CORRUPT MEDIA DON'T BE THE SHEEP" and just... insane shit. and it's like... they're willing to cut a huge portion of their business out... just to declare their political alliance? it's fucking crazy. honestly, i'm pretty obviously a transsexual, it makes me feel insanely unsafe (altho i've not been a victim of violent crime despite the dangerous job and the kinda obvious gayness/transsexuality)
this election is a nightmare, it's gonna be a clusterfuck. this town i now deliver in is fucking insane. people drive crazy af (i've nearly wrecked about 10 times in the four days i've worked here because people just do not give a shit). the amount of people barking crazy conspiracy shit left and right is insane.
kinda honestly just wanna leave the states because i don't  honestly think things are getting worse per se, i'm not blind to the statistics put out, but like... like... wtf. people are going a little nuts.

but yea i think it's mainly just stressors in everyday environments, i mean, the recession is mostly over, but it left its problems behind.

edit: and this isn't like... i'm not like... talking shit about someone's political alliance necessarily, i don't want a political debate, but i have NEVER seen shops be so blatantly antagonistic before, so willing to alienate their clientele to make a statement. it's fucking bizarre.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 12:54:39 am by necrosexual »

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.

desocietas

« Reply #11878 on: August 12, 2016, 01:39:21 am »
They say violence and crime tends to go up during summer time, and that combined with an election year... Tempers are a-flarin'...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

Warmsignal

« Reply #11879 on: August 12, 2016, 03:29:21 am »

1) violent crime is down statistically, the media overblows it. it's at its lowest point since the 1950s.

2) stop watching the news lmao

3) when people are stressed they take it out on shit that doesn't matter. if you're stressed and can't change your circumstance, there's some relief to getting pissed at things that don't matter in the long run.

i am a delivery driver. i get the brunt of some of the worst of idiots on the road. like, for my job, i gotta go fast(~!!!). it's part of the job description. it's how you make money.
but the same asshole who tips well for fast service... is the same fuckface who screams SLOW DOWWWWNNNN NKASDMSAKDMASDKMA when you speed past their house... for someone else.

what really blows my mind, is how i go by shops... mostly pawn shops... that are very openly politically divided. like, they're intentionally putting it out there... pawn shops all around me have these trump stickers plastered everywhere, countdowns til the election, their business signs say shit like "CORRUPT MEDIA DON'T BE THE SHEEP" and just... insane shit. and it's like... they're willing to cut a huge portion of their business out... just to declare their political alliance? it's fucking crazy. honestly, i'm pretty obviously a transsexual, it makes me feel insanely unsafe (altho i've not been a victim of violent crime despite the dangerous job and the kinda obvious gayness/transsexuality)
this election is a nightmare, it's gonna be a clusterfuck. this town i now deliver in is fucking insane. people drive crazy af (i've nearly wrecked about 10 times in the four days i've worked here because people just do not give a shit). the amount of people barking crazy conspiracy shit left and right is insane.
kinda honestly just wanna leave the states because i don't  honestly think things are getting worse per se, i'm not blind to the statistics put out, but like... like... wtf. people are going a little nuts.

but yea i think it's mainly just stressors in everyday environments, i mean, the recession is mostly over, but it left its problems behind.

edit: and this isn't like... i'm not like... talking shit about someone's political alliance necessarily, i don't want a political debate, but i have NEVER seen shops be so blatantly antagonistic before, so willing to alienate their clientele to make a statement. it's fucking bizarre.

Hmm.... well, pawn shops tend to be owned by gun type guys, and they are very pro-second amendment. Games are usually a small percentage of their business model.

I'm a bit cynical in that I tend think the problem lies more with just the nature of human beings rather than politics. Folks can't simply disagree, instead they get super angry that someone thinks differently than they do. It's the reason why political debates need to be discouraged even here on VGC. That's the problem imo, is that the immediate response to every tiny inconvenience results in some form of alcoholic rage, or attack on someone else. If this is how people are dealing with their stress now, we're in bad shape. Physically attacking or trying to kill random people is not a good way to do that, obviously.

I've not ever had a single traffic infraction. Not a single accident. I use turn signals, I drive the speed limit, I use caution when necessary. Yet, I get the maniacs and dangerous drivers - the people cursing and threatening me, twice this summer for no good reason. This is a small town too, not a big city. Maybe it's drugs? I don't know, I've never used drugs. But people are really bumming me out this year, lot of bad stuff going on. Maybe it is political tensions, I dunno.

Wish we could collectively just get everyone to accept the fact that the person in your path is probably not the reason why you're seething, and what they think is not a slight to the human species if it happens to conflict with your own thoughts or preferences. People just need to chill out, calm down, and learn to deal with stress in a more productive way. Maybe consider that an opinion is not worth an assault or murder?? Maybe getting cut off in traffic isn't the end of the world? But I don't see it happening, not this year anyway.

If Earth really is an intergalactic experimental reality TV show, I don't think we're in danger of being cancelled anytime soon.