Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1528282 times)

foxhack

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #1245 on: December 11, 2013, 02:18:01 pm »
Soooooooooo a guy at the flea market just said he doesn't want me to step foot in his booth again because I haggled a price with him.

I just shrugged, said "Okay" and left. He got PISSED. I hate it when sellers try to raise the price of stuff because it has more than one disc. He hadn't brought any new CDs / movies in like six months, this was the first thing I'd seen that was new there in all that time.

Well, whatever. No skin off my back. If he wants to lose a customer for good, it's his call.

desocietas

« Reply #1246 on: December 11, 2013, 02:41:15 pm »
Ha, that sounds like a waste of everyone's time.  Why ban you?  It's not as if that'd be teaching anyone else anything.  And it's a flea market.  People already associate booths at a flea market with haggling.  He's lucky that you kept coming around to look, but maybe he was annoyed that you've always looked buy never bought...?  Not your fault that he has crappy inventory...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #1247 on: December 11, 2013, 02:51:17 pm »
Ha, that sounds like a waste of everyone's time.  Why ban you?  It's not as if that'd be teaching anyone else anything.  And it's a flea market.  People already associate booths at a flea market with haggling.  He's lucky that you kept coming around to look, but maybe he was annoyed that you've always looked buy never bought...?  Not your fault that he has crappy inventory...

There's one other guy that got angry at me about a month ago. I've been buying stuff from his (I assume) wife for years - games, music, movies - but sometimes they don't bring anything so I don't buy anything. Despite that I -always- say hi to her when I pass by because she's nice to me even if I don't buy anything.

But he got pissed off and called me out for not buying anything. I only said that I don't buy stuff all the time. It's not their fault, it's just what shows up. He didn't say anything but he always glares at me when I pass their booth. :P

I've only been "thrown out" twice. This time and another time when a guy tried to convince me that a DVD collection of Vin Diesel's Riddick films was worth $50. Of course, that time I laughed my ass off in his face, but...

desocietas

« Reply #1248 on: December 11, 2013, 05:01:55 pm »
There's one other guy that got angry at me about a month ago. I've been buying stuff from his (I assume) wife for years - games, music, movies - but sometimes they don't bring anything so I don't buy anything. Despite that I -always- say hi to her when I pass by because she's nice to me even if I don't buy anything.

But he got pissed off and called me out for not buying anything. I only said that I don't buy stuff all the time. It's not their fault, it's just what shows up. He didn't say anything but he always glares at me when I pass their booth. :P

I've only been "thrown out" twice. This time and another time when a guy tried to convince me that a DVD collection of Vin Diesel's Riddick films was worth $50. Of course, that time I laughed my ass off in his face, but...

Ha, you'd think the folks running those booths would have thicker skin...
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1249 on: December 11, 2013, 05:08:41 pm »

Ha, you'd think the folks running those booths would have thicker skin...

...and more of a desire to keep customers & potential customers  :o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1250 on: December 11, 2013, 07:40:48 pm »
Sounds like a douche to me.

There's a store around here that did that to me, too. I spent time in there nearly weekly buying and selling items to them. They got annoyed because I knew what I was talking about. The last time I tried to sell them a TurboGrafx-16, and they're all like, "I'll give you $10." So I'm tell them that at the cheapest, these things go for around $75 online in working condition. And I'm selling them games and accessories with it, too. They try the line, "Well, it's just not in demand." I too laughed in their faces, then I was told not to come back.

pacpix

« Reply #1251 on: December 11, 2013, 08:38:46 pm »
Soooooooooo a guy at the flea market just said he doesn't want me to step foot in his booth again because I haggled a price with him.
Next time maybe you shouldn't try to haggle with the seller. Where did you think you were some kind of flea market?!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

desocietas

« Reply #1252 on: December 12, 2013, 02:53:54 pm »
Namco just announced a new Tales game... I need to catch up on that franchise...
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1253 on: December 12, 2013, 02:57:12 pm »
Namco just announced a new Tales game.

Zestria, or something like that; right?

desocietas

« Reply #1254 on: December 12, 2013, 02:59:25 pm »
Namco just announced a new Tales game.

Zestria, or something like that; right?

Yup yup

Confirmed to come to the Americas.  http://kotaku.com/first-look-at-the-new-tales-game-1481785062
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1255 on: December 12, 2013, 03:00:20 pm »
Namco just announced a new Tales game... I need to catch up on that franchise...

I'm still on the lookout for Tales of Symphonia. I've got a ways to go for that franchise.

desocietas

« Reply #1256 on: December 12, 2013, 03:06:54 pm »

I'm still on the lookout for Tales of Symphonia. I've got a ways to go for that franchise.

Take your time! They're re-releasing Syphonia and its sequel.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1257 on: December 12, 2013, 03:14:56 pm »

lawl   ;D

You trying to say that every game in the series all *siphon* off of the same shit  :o

desocietas

« Reply #1258 on: December 12, 2013, 03:18:53 pm »

lawl   ;D

You trying to say that every game in the series all *siphon* off of the same shit  :o

Ha, you figured me out again, disgaeniac.  drats!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1259 on: December 12, 2013, 11:31:07 pm »
Can't wait for the new Tales game even though I'll have symphonia HD and Xillia 2 to go through.
 ;D