Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1672272 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #13140 on: May 19, 2017, 10:26:25 am »
I've been to maybe 2 or 3 ren faires.  They all sucked pretty hard.  Weather here is generally pretty bad so it's only really suitable around winter time when it's like 50-60 degrees.

And then it's outdoors and people suck so there are people smoking every 3 feet.

kashell

« Reply #13141 on: May 19, 2017, 10:43:47 am »
You don't like fairs? Im not sure if your fair will have the same fried food as the Iowa State Fair or not but its always worth it to me just to get some extremely strange sounding fried food.

I like fairs. Just not ren fairs; not really my thing. I'm just being a good sport.

rayne315

« Reply #13142 on: May 19, 2017, 01:56:01 pm »
You don't like fairs? Im not sure if your fair will have the same fried food as the Iowa State Fair or not but its always worth it to me just to get some extremely strange sounding fried food.

I like fairs. Just not ren fairs; not really my thing. I'm just being a good sport.

oh! a renaissance fair! lol I have never been to one of those. I thought you were talking about a normal county fair in a town called Ren.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

shepard11

« Reply #13143 on: May 19, 2017, 11:54:54 pm »

oh! a renaissance fair! lol I have never been to one of those. I thought you were talking about a normal county fair in a town called Ren.

Man I love renfairs I go to the one  outside of Dayton Ohio every year. And I'm one of those big nerds that actually get in character and have the full attire. But I only get to do it once a year with how my work hours go.

guilty0fbeing

« Reply #13144 on: May 20, 2017, 02:10:32 pm »
Even though I haven't spent a lot of time with TRPG, I buckled under pressure and ordered the Fire Emblem Echoes LE and the Amiibo! It just looks like too much fun. I'm going to start it as soon as it it arrives on Monday or Tuesday. Amazon Prime is a nice thing to have; such a nice discount.

telly

« Reply #13145 on: May 20, 2017, 08:50:12 pm »

Man I love renfairs I go to the one  outside of Dayton Ohio every year. And I'm one of those big nerds that actually get in character and have the full attire. But I only get to do it once a year with how my work hours go.

There's an awesome renaissance fair in MI in this fictional town called Hollygrove. It was pretty fun when I went!
Currently Playing:
Persona 4 Golden (Switch), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

« Reply #13146 on: May 21, 2017, 10:40:48 am »
Thanks to the power of alcohol, friendship and judging from a distance the ren. fair was pretty fun. I won't be going next year, though. The venue was way too crowded and overpriced.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13147 on: May 22, 2017, 02:00:31 am »
I'm finally going to the Portland Retro Gaming Expo, as I mentioned a few posts up this thread.

But I'm wondering if I should get the full weekend pass, or just do 1 day and check out the city.

Anyone from the area, or have been there before? What's some stuff I need to check out? What are some of the best places to eat?

Thanks.

guilty0fbeing

« Reply #13148 on: May 22, 2017, 10:02:04 am »
I'm finally going to the Portland Retro Gaming Expo, as I mentioned a few posts up this thread.

But I'm wondering if I should get the full weekend pass, or just do 1 day and check out the city.

Anyone from the area, or have been there before? What's some stuff I need to check out? What are some of the best places to eat?

Thanks.

I'd say, since you FINALLY get to go, get the weekend pass...

...unless you want to go and then check out other game stores also that weekend.

rayne315

« Reply #13149 on: May 22, 2017, 12:47:40 pm »
After months and months of not keeping my account up to date I have gotten to the point were I am finally wiping my account of all games and re-adding everything!
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

guilty0fbeing

« Reply #13150 on: May 22, 2017, 01:44:34 pm »
After months and months of not keeping my account up to date I have gotten to the point were I am finally wiping my account of all games and re-adding everything!

Good luck with that, man. I've been adding by memory and what's I've bought recently. I'll head back to do an official count in a week or so.

kashell

« Reply #13151 on: May 23, 2017, 10:12:29 am »
Eternal Ring and Star Ocean Till the End of Time are on the PSN. I love that the PS2 is still kicking ass in this modern era in some capacity.

theravenfreak

« Reply #13152 on: May 23, 2017, 10:16:47 pm »
Well since it's 9:15 p.m. here that means my two days off of work are now over. :( It sucks but hey I have to make money somehow! I typically get Mondays and Tuesdays off, along with my girlfriend.

guilty0fbeing

« Reply #13153 on: May 24, 2017, 04:05:32 pm »
I started Fire Emblem Echoes on Casual. I'm thinking I should probably start over on Classic. This is my first FE games, but I feel like I'm cheating if I play on Casual. What are your thoughts on this, VGC?

desocietas

« Reply #13154 on: May 24, 2017, 05:15:16 pm »
I started Fire Emblem Echoes on Casual. I'm thinking I should probably start over on Classic. This is my first FE games, but I feel like I'm cheating if I play on Casual. What are your thoughts on this, VGC?

Does casual not include permadeath? Permadeath is a big part of the FE series in general - really makes you develop a relationship with the characters and an interest in how they relate to each other in-game. I spent many hours playing the GBA version just to reset the whole thing whenever someone died.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas