Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1582519 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #13920 on: November 30, 2017, 02:01:27 pm »
Any folks here have Funimation Now?  I'm considering signing up, but I want to know when they charge.

I think Netflix charges at the 1st of the month, so if I signed up today, I'd be paying $7.99 today and then $7.99 tomorrow.

They charge on the date that you started. So if you started today, you would be charged on the 30th of next month. My Netflix charge is Dec. 2.
Netflix charges me between the 29th and the 1st.  It varies month to month.  July 31st, Aug 30th, Oct 1st, Oct 30th, Nov 29th.  Netflix told me that they always charge at the beginning of the month, so I don't know.

I'd imagine that's just because there aren't same amount of days in each month. So if your day is say, the 31st, not every month has a 31st so they have to charge you before or after.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13921 on: November 30, 2017, 02:02:52 pm »
You made me 2nd guess myself here, now. So I went and looked, and this is what it says:

Netflix is a monthly service that will automatically charge you every month on the date you signed up. If your billing date is scheduled for a date that does not occur in a given month, you'll be charged on the last day of that month instead.

« Reply #13922 on: December 01, 2017, 08:00:47 am »
You made me 2nd guess myself here, now. So I went and looked, and this is what it says:

Netflix is a monthly service that will automatically charge you every month on the date you signed up. If your billing date is scheduled for a date that does not occur in a given month, you'll be charged on the last day of that month instead.
Now you got me thinking I'm insane.  I could've sworn I just read from Netflix that they charge at the beginning of the month.  Coincidence that you and I have our dates like 1 day apart.

desocietas

« Reply #13923 on: December 01, 2017, 11:37:30 am »
Well, that sucks. Got an email this morning from Best Buy with the subject: Order BBY__________: Item currently not available at selected location

I go to the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Collectors Edition order details and it just says "out of stock." Wth... what's the purpose of preordering it if they're not gonna have one available for me to pick up...? I guess I can have it shipped instead, but I'm wondering if anyone's run into this and the store ended up restocking pretty quickly. Checking the product page, it says it's still available but that store pickup wouldn't be available until the 13th... if I have it shipped, it won't arrive until the 12th........  >:(

(Note: I should mention that there'd be no chance of me playing this soon anyway 'cause I'd want to play the first game in the series first before tackling the sequel, but it's still frustrating to not get it on time.)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 11:39:50 am by desocietas »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #13924 on: December 01, 2017, 12:20:16 pm »
Well, that sucks. Got an email this morning from Best Buy with the subject: Order BBY__________: Item currently not available at selected location

I go to the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Collectors Edition order details and it just says "out of stock." Wth... what's the purpose of preordering it if they're not gonna have one available for me to pick up...? I guess I can have it shipped instead, but I'm wondering if anyone's run into this and the store ended up restocking pretty quickly. Checking the product page, it says it's still available but that store pickup wouldn't be available until the 13th... if I have it shipped, it won't arrive until the 12th........  >:(

(Note: I should mention that there'd be no chance of me playing this soon anyway 'cause I'd want to play the first game in the series first before tackling the sequel, but it's still frustrating to not get it on time.)
Yes.  This has happened 3 times in the past few months.

Fire Emblem Warriors CE, Bubsy SE, .Hack GU Last Recode.

I don't do store pickup anymore because of this.

desocietas

« Reply #13925 on: December 01, 2017, 12:49:48 pm »

Yes.  This has happened 3 times in the past few months.

Fire Emblem Warriors CE, Bubsy SE, .Hack GU Last Recode.

I don't do store pickup anymore because of this.

Ouch, that sucks. Everything else has been fine that I've ordered in the past few months. I guess I'll just arrange to have it shipped instead. Thanks for letting me know your experience!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

azure

kashell

« Reply #13927 on: December 02, 2017, 04:49:18 pm »
Sheesh. I keep striking out with new releases this year. Ys VIII was a let down. And now, Atelier Firis is a let down. I hope I don't need to finish it to appreciate Atelier Lydie.

soera

« Reply #13928 on: December 02, 2017, 11:51:00 pm »
Please give Ys another go! It's simply amazing.

kashell

« Reply #13929 on: December 03, 2017, 11:18:25 am »
I made it to Chapter 4 before having enough. If I do go back, it's not going to be for a while.

-----

Is anyone here savvy enough to make an animated GIF? There's a clip from an anime that I'd like to start including in my signature. I'm just not sure where to begin. @.@

Warmsignal

« Reply #13930 on: December 03, 2017, 11:44:15 am »
I'm beginning to get so frustrated with my nitpicky ways about condition with I buy a modern game. Almost every time I get something I have to either take it back, or try to resell it because of obvious imperfections.

https://ibb.co/kO2tZb
https://ibb.co/cApJ0G

That's a brand new and sealed copy. Looks like somebody threw it down a flight of stairs.

telly

« Reply #13931 on: December 03, 2017, 12:01:36 pm »
I find that Wii U games are particularly susceptible to dings and scrapes. I wonder if it's the packaging that's partially to blame.
Currently Playing:
Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch), Super Paper Mario (Wii)

My music collection | My Backloggery

Warmsignal

« Reply #13932 on: December 03, 2017, 12:14:32 pm »
I find that Wii U games are particularly susceptible to dings and scrapes. I wonder if it's the packaging that's partially to blame.

It is, but the same is certainly true of PS4, and others. The problem is these things aren't going to be treated delicately by most people. Normal handling with hurt them. I'm contemplating reselling my Switch copy of Axiom Verge, as it came brand new with the artwork placed off-center which caused major wrinkles and a hard crease at the top on the front. I've already spotted pre-owned copies that look much better than mine. This is happening all the time now, and driving me crazy.

azure

« Reply #13933 on: December 03, 2017, 01:10:46 pm »
I made it to Chapter 4 before having enough. If I do go back, it's not going to be for a while.

-----

Is anyone here savvy enough to make an animated GIF? There's a clip from an anime that I'd like to start including in my signature. I'm just not sure where to begin. @.@
You can try Giphy Kash, as user friendly as it gets I would say.

https://giphy.com/create/gifmaker

kashell

« Reply #13934 on: December 03, 2017, 02:14:52 pm »
It looks like its working. Thanks, Azure!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 03:07:29 pm by kashell »