Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1599939 times)

azure

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #14220 on: March 10, 2018, 06:47:49 pm »
I may finally get a PS4 if they have a deal at Toys R Us. Only 10% off though right now
It's a great system, so many fantastic games on it.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14221 on: March 12, 2018, 10:19:25 am »
I'm playing Tales of the Abyss on 3DS. I've got to say: I HATE the main character. He is such a whiny, annoying, brat. So glad the battle system is engaging enough to overcome that.

kashell

« Reply #14222 on: March 12, 2018, 12:13:36 pm »
I'm playing Tales of the Abyss on 3DS. I've got to say: I HATE the main character. He is such a whiny, annoying, brat. So glad the battle system is engaging enough to overcome that.

Keep playing and you'll understand why he's that way. Most people hate him at first, but then story stuff happens and things become more clear and much better.

telly

« Reply #14223 on: March 12, 2018, 02:23:33 pm »
Yeah I think they make Luke annoying on purpose so you can see his adjustment over time

That's a game I need to revisit one of these days
Currently Playing:
Super Paper Mario (Wii), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

desocietas

« Reply #14224 on: March 12, 2018, 02:45:54 pm »
Yeah I think they make Luke annoying on purpose so you can see his adjustment over time

That's a game I need to revisit one of these days

Same - played it ages ago and don't even remember the plotline anymore.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #14225 on: March 13, 2018, 01:42:21 pm »
UGH.... I bought a copy of Paper Mario on ebay and the tracking says it was delivered at my porch yesterday... of course there was no package. I guess I should check with my neighbors.. man this sucks.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14226 on: March 13, 2018, 09:11:41 pm »
The PC speakers I have used since like 1998 are finally dying.

Do you guys have any idea on what are good computer speakers? I listen to music a lot on my PC, so looking for something that will sound good for that, and affordable. I have no idea since I haven't done this since 1998.

« Reply #14227 on: March 14, 2018, 12:14:34 am »
The PC speakers I have used since like 1998 are finally dying.

Do you guys have any idea on what are good computer speakers? I listen to music a lot on my PC, so looking for something that will sound good for that, and affordable. I have no idea since I haven't done this since 1998.

if you dont mind me asking, whats your budget?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14228 on: March 14, 2018, 01:11:05 am »
I really don't even know what they go for anymore. I was hoping it wouldn't go over $50, tops.

« Reply #14229 on: March 14, 2018, 01:36:17 am »
you can definitely get a decent pair of speakers for $50,  If you're looking for a good all around speaker for games movies and music, check out these
https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Speaker-System-Z323-Subwoofer/dp/B002FU5QM0?psc=1&SubscriptionId=AKIAJB3PKOUXZY2U5MTQ&tag=pcgamingbui02-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B002FU5QM0

Logitech as always been pretty good to me, I've had several sets of their speakers over the years.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14230 on: March 15, 2018, 12:59:37 pm »
^ Thanks for the info!  :D

Right now I'm in the middle of Wild Arms on PS1. So far it's been a familiar, kind of paint-by-number JRPG. But one I've been enjoying because it feels very SNES-ish.

But last night, I got to an awesome part where the game throws a huge twist at you:

***SPOILERS AHEAD***

So I defeat what I thought was the main-villain of the game. In the following scene after the battle, he's getting sucked into a dimensional vortex. On his way, he hooks the main-character with a grappling chain. So the main character starts hacking at the chain with his sword to break free. The villain laughs and says something along the lines of, "This chain is made from mystical silver. Your flimsy sword can't break it, you're going down with me!" So then the main character chops his own arm off! Brutal for a JRPG! But the big twist is that he's a robot, and he never knew it! What?! So far this has been a traditional sword & sorcery ordeal, did not see that coming!

I highly recommend this one to those that like their JRPGs old-school. Been having a blast, even if it is a little too easy.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 01:39:56 pm by burningdoom »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14231 on: March 19, 2018, 12:49:05 pm »
Oh dear. How in the hell am I supposed to beat the villain at the end of "The Abyss" dungeon in Wild Arms?

My characters are way above end-game levels (I believe the walkthrough said above level 40 for the final dungeon), and my characters are at level 60. I have like all the best equipment in the game and the ultimate sword technique and ultimate arms. Yet this final boss takes away whopping 7,000 HPs in one attack! The character with the most HPs in my party is just over 5,000 HPs. How in the hell exactly am I supposed to stand against this?! Does the game actually expect me to just grind until level 99? You know how freaking long that would take? ARGHH!!!

Luckily it's just a side-quest, but still, that's just asking too much from the player.

« Reply #14232 on: March 19, 2018, 01:02:46 pm »
Oh dear. How in the hell am I supposed to beat the villain at the end of "The Abyss" dungeon in Wild Arms?

My characters are way above end-game levels (I believe the walkthrough said above level 40 for the final dungeon), and my characters are at level 60. I have like all the best equipment in the game and the ultimate sword technique and ultimate arms. Yet this final boss takes away whopping 7,000 HPs in one attack! The character with the most HPs in my party is just over 5,000 HPs. How in the hell exactly am I supposed to stand against this?! Does the game actually expect me to just grind until level 99? You know how freaking long that would take? ARGHH!!!

Luckily it's just a side-quest, but still, that's just asking too much from the player.
You want everybody in your party to have Frog Badges.  It nullifies that attack.

You steal frog badges from Wojanoid in the Abyss.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 01:04:40 pm by ignition365 »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14233 on: March 19, 2018, 02:02:52 pm »
I have never even seen this "Frog Badge" in the game. Where do I get those?

« Reply #14234 on: March 19, 2018, 02:08:19 pm »
I have never even seen this "Frog Badge" in the game. Where do I get those?
I already said where to get them.