Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1534517 times)

telly

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #14580 on: October 15, 2018, 01:11:05 pm »
Aww those boos are so cute!
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

desocietas

« Reply #14581 on: October 15, 2018, 02:12:25 pm »
Aww those boos are so cute!

I know! I love shy boo so much  ;D
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #14582 on: October 15, 2018, 06:01:48 pm »
LMAO, I totally read that wrong ....  8)

« Reply #14583 on: October 15, 2018, 06:46:42 pm »
Or did you read it exactly right?

desocietas

« Reply #14584 on: October 15, 2018, 11:48:23 pm »

lol now i have to wear it more often and see if anyone slips up when making remarks on the shirt ;)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #14585 on: October 16, 2018, 08:06:05 am »

lol now i have to wear it more often and see if anyone slips up when making remarks on the shirt ;)

Oh myyyy!

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14586 on: October 16, 2018, 12:37:40 pm »
I really, really hope this Polymega thing works out. Because I really, really want an all-in-one disc-system for old-school CD-ROM systems, to play on my HD. My Retron 5 is very convenient, and a product like this would downsize a lot for me. I'm ready to get rid of my CRT and the multitude of consoles attached to it.

I could care less about the cartridge add-ons, since I have the Retron 5 (except maybe the TurboGrafx-16, I've always wanted that back in my collection again after my 1st one broke).

https://www.polymega.com/

There is also Seedi. It was quiet for a while, but they came alive again on fb.

kashell

« Reply #14587 on: October 17, 2018, 08:58:51 am »
189 is a bit expensive, but check this out:

https://www.engadget.com/2018/10/16/analogue-mega-sg-announced/

« Reply #14588 on: October 17, 2018, 05:46:26 pm »
man, i picked up a copy of Marvel Ultimate Alliance for the 360 finally and was really hoping that it was xbone backwards compatible... but its not... I really hope they add it at somepoint.

Flashback2012

« Reply #14589 on: October 17, 2018, 05:49:33 pm »

I figured this thing would have had 32X support as well but I guess that's too complex for it. Meh. Also, aren't the NT guys the ones who were selling systems with new shells and old guts inside? I barely keep up with these retro systems so I might be confusing them with someone else. The only one of these retro systems I ever gave half a care about was the Retron 5 only because I heard there's an adapter that lets you play Game Gear games on the TV.

rayne315

« Reply #14590 on: October 17, 2018, 07:42:39 pm »
man I feel like im going more and more insane every day. all this is hypothetical for now.

I am always looking for new ways to make money and have been on a dividend buying spree along with stocks in general. then I started thinking about what to do with all the money that has been coming in. my first thought was making a fish farm. I worked through all the math and came up with a simple model that could make me ~30,000 a year with little effort (~15-20 hours a week) problem with that is I would need to come up with ~300,000 to get it off the ground and wouldn't see any profit for at least a year and a half.

so I started coming up with solutions for the problems I had. automatic on demand fish feeders was a big capital expense so I designed my own that I can make for ~$5 a piece (pennies on the dollar). land was another challenge so I went out and found a guy who would be willing to let me permanently use accerages of his farm land for free* (free fish forever and only his wooded lands). water would be free since it is a farm in the Midwest (plentiful water and located on a farm that has wells). we also came to the agreement that water that passed through the system would be redirected to his fields (free nutrients for his crops). and so I designed a simple wind powered water pump to make that goal happen ETC. all in all I was able to reduce the cost down to ~$150,000 of startup capital but just couldn't swing it (not yet).

so I started considering other options and one of them was to create a solar farm on his land. I started looking at the prices of solar panels and got a simple $3-3.5/watt cost per this thing. not wanting to pay the high prices I started looking and found what I considered to be the best deal. a scalable 5.2kw solar array for $10500 self installed. looked into the pricing of energy ($.12/kw home and ~$.055/kw bulk) and the estimated output for my area. ~1550 yearly output for a 1 kw solar array (8060kw/year for the 5.2kw array) =967.2 max home and 443.3 bulk. well that all seems like shit so I shelved that idea till I started thinking well this is just a grouping of cells how about I make the whole panels myself? so I found cheap ones in bulk 40 4.3w cells at $80 shipped so what else do I need with this? wire? I can buy it for between $5-10 for a 100 foot roll. 40*3*1 foot strips = $90 for a 172 watt panel. a little more than $.50 a watt. a inverter? I can pick one up that would support 2 of those for $120. ~$.87 total. well the container so these don't have to be exposed and break, the guy who will let me use his land says I can use all the plywood and 2x4's that he normally just burns. so that just leaves the clear plexigless. $20 for a sheet that will cover the 40 cells. bam just a hair under $1 a watt.

for shits and giggles I looked to see if the 30% federal tax credit would still exist if you made it yourself. guess what I found out? yes it does! so does the state ones for all materials involved!. so factoring in the savings it will only cost ~$.60/watt to fabricate this thing (assumning 0 cost for my time) so back to the formulas. for that same 5.2kw system doing it all by hand will only cost me $3100 instead of the $6300 after credits for the 5.2kw system. so if I were to build these and place them on his farm land I can get $450 a year in bulk prices. place one at my place I can get 970 a year in savings. so it may not sound like much but if you were to factor them out for a long time ~20 years I will make $6000 in profit for each one I place in bulk prices not including increases in bulk pricing. or $16300 for personal use. or $14500 if I were to place them on other peoples houses and charge them $.09/kw (30% decrease in energy cost to them)

PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #14591 on: October 18, 2018, 08:23:18 am »
man, i picked up a copy of Marvel Ultimate Alliance for the 360 finally and was really hoping that it was xbone backwards compatible... but its not... I really hope they add it at somepoint.
Won't ever happen sadly.  I believe MUA got ported to PS4/X1 so you have to buy that (digitally).

I figured this thing would have had 32X support as well but I guess that's too complex for it. Meh. Also, aren't the NT guys the ones who were selling systems with new shells and old guts inside? I barely keep up with these retro systems so I might be confusing them with someone else. The only one of these retro systems I ever gave half a care about was the Retron 5 only because I heard there's an adapter that lets you play Game Gear games on the TV.
The Mega SG by default only supports SG/MG.  There will be adapters ($10/ea) to support Mark 3, GG, Sega MyCard, SG-1000, and SC-3000.  SMS adapter comes packed in with the Mega SG.  Supports actual Sega CD hardware.  Lack of 32X support kills it for me too though.  Analogue folks use FPGA hardware emulation, no software jankiness and no old hardware packed into new shells.

« Reply #14592 on: October 18, 2018, 09:15:15 am »
Anybody know a good place to get repros for a good price?  I'm interested in getting some of the unreleased N64 games and I'd consider going the N64 Blaster route, but they seem to be sold out of the boards and it might be cost prohibitive if I'm not going to start making and selling repros.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14593 on: October 18, 2018, 02:40:44 pm »
I just got screwed on eBay.

I bought a game. Game never arrived. Tracking says it did. So I message the seller. Doesn't respond for a full week. So I escalate it to a return, figuring he'd continue ignoring me and eBay's Money Back Guarantee would cover me.

Well today, on the last day he could possibly respond before I'm able to ask eBay to step in, he responds by simply re-submitting the same tracking number. eBay rules in his favor, I'm denied a refund from either the seller or eBay.

And now I'm out money with no game. Shitty. Even though I have 100% feedback with years and years of experience buying and selling on there. WTF?! eBay Money Back-Guarantee my ass! >:(
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 02:59:02 pm by burningdoom »

« Reply #14594 on: October 18, 2018, 03:30:09 pm »
May want to contact the post office