Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1535205 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #14610 on: October 21, 2018, 05:26:51 pm »
Ugh they put some back up and I missed those too. I guess it just wasn’t meant to be for now.

shfan

« Reply #14611 on: October 22, 2018, 11:35:58 am »
There'll probably be loads on Ebay at knock-down prices, there are plenty of scalpers, but only some of them are actually any good at it ;)

desocietas

« Reply #14612 on: October 22, 2018, 01:16:58 pm »
Ugh they put some back up and I missed those too. I guess it just wasn’t meant to be for now.

Yeah, I thought of you when I saw they put more up! It got the notice too late, too, so I wasn't able to snag one. I'll keep an eye out for ya, though.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #14613 on: October 22, 2018, 01:33:50 pm »

Yeah, I thought of you when I saw they put more up! It got the notice too late, too, so I wasn't able to snag one. I'll keep an eye out for ya, though.

Thanks for thinking of me!! I'll be ok if I don't get a copy. Dragons Lair was just always one of those games that has sounded super interesting to me but I've never had the opportunity to try it out. I'll find a way to play it some day lol. 

Flashback2012

« Reply #14614 on: October 23, 2018, 06:21:39 pm »
I have to imagine it'll get a Switch port at some point.  ;)

I'll never forget when Chuck E. Cheese's was the premier arcade in town and they had a Dragon's Lair machine. I was stymied that they DARED to charge .50¢ a play! My dad divvied up the tokens like a frugal miser and we had to make those things last!   ;D

I remember hearing the digitized voices in the Star Wars Arcade (the vector graphics one from 1983) and being blown away but seeing Dragon's Lair was like witnessing the future. The things that amaze a 9-year old kid. :P

« Reply #14615 on: October 24, 2018, 12:35:45 am »
I have to imagine it'll get a Switch port at some point.  ;)

I really hope it does

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14616 on: October 25, 2018, 12:45:31 pm »

My local GameStop called me yesterday and informed me they were approved for an early release of Red Dead Redemption 2 and I am able to pick it up tonight after 9 pm! Score!

I also have the Spyro Trilogy coming in 2 weeks, pre-ordered. And I just got the Spider-Man PS4 DLC of the Black Cat the other night. I also have God of War (PS4) and GoW III: Remastered waiting to be played. So much to play! I am new game rich over here!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 12:47:20 pm by burningdoom »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14617 on: October 28, 2018, 10:42:47 am »
So I'm bored with RDR2, and I loved the last game.

I completed chapter 1, and I'm in the town in chapter 2. I'm now in the open world and able to harass the general public, and I'm still bored. The world just doesn't seem as fun, despite the additions to it, and I'm just not invested in the characters this time around.

Am the only one?

« Reply #14618 on: October 28, 2018, 10:56:43 am »
It’s a very, let’s say, deliberate game.  And as such the pacing is very leisurely.  I personally love it, but it makes marathon sessions difficult.  But I can see it’s not for everybody.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14619 on: October 29, 2018, 01:03:31 pm »
Watched the latest GameSack episodes "Scary Games", and the game "Until Dawn" for PS4 looked pretty damn interesting.

Anyone here played it? Opinions on it?

« Reply #14620 on: October 29, 2018, 02:25:03 pm »
Watched the latest GameSack episodes "Scary Games", and the game "Until Dawn" for PS4 looked pretty damn interesting.

Literally just played it last week.  Horror game with the gameplay of Heavy Rain/Beyond Two Souls.  QTE heavy, decision making game.  No real action to it.  Tons of twists and turns in the game and a pretty fucked up story.  I think it's only about 8 hours long.

I'm not a fan of horror games in general, so take this as you will, but after I finished playing the game I really needed a palette cleanser so I played Dragon Quest Builders to kind of clear my mind of the story of that game.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14621 on: October 29, 2018, 02:38:57 pm »

Literally just played it last week.  Horror game with the gameplay of Heavy Rain/Beyond Two Souls.  QTE heavy, decision making game.  No real action to it.  Tons of twists and turns in the game and a pretty fucked up story.  I think it's only about 8 hours long.

I'm not a fan of horror games in general, so take this as you will, but after I finished playing the game I really needed a palette cleanser so I played Dragon Quest Builders to kind of clear my mind of the story of that game.

Well, I'm sold. Found a copy for only $9.99, too!

rayne315

« Reply #14622 on: November 01, 2018, 06:07:50 pm »
I don't know if it has come up yet but toby fox just released his sequel to undertale for free the other day. It is called Deltarune and the link to find it can be found on his twitter account. to the best of my knowledge it is still a beta and my wife is currently playing through it and has not ran into anything majorly wrong with it yet.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #14623 on: November 05, 2018, 08:23:45 am »
I don't know if it has come up yet but toby fox just released his sequel to undertale for free the other day. It is called Deltarune and the link to find it can be found on his twitter account. to the best of my knowledge it is still a beta and my wife is currently playing through it and has not ran into anything majorly wrong with it yet.
I believe it's only the first chapter of the game.

rayne315

« Reply #14624 on: November 05, 2018, 09:17:35 am »
I believe it's only the first chapter of the game.

yeah I just finished playing through it yesterday and it is just the first chapter but it was deffinately worth it if you had ever played the first and liked it. plus the first chapter took me 3 1/2 hours to beat so its still a little more beefy than you would think.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully