Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1531977 times)

shfan

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #14805 on: July 19, 2019, 12:30:58 pm »
YS VIII is a real breath of fresh air for a current-gen game Telly, it just does what you'd want it to.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14806 on: July 26, 2019, 09:25:48 pm »
I was thumbing through my collection a minute ago and accidentally clicked on my profile.

I have a 7 year badge. 7 years I’ve known some of you fools. It’s been a great time.  I’ve made some legit friends here. I’ve met several of you in person. Not a single one has been an asshole.
I love you folks! Here’s to another 7 great years.

kashell

« Reply #14807 on: July 27, 2019, 12:18:28 pm »
Cheers, brutha!!

soera

« Reply #14808 on: July 27, 2019, 05:53:50 pm »
I’ve met several of you in person. Not a single one has been an asshole.

Did you forget meeting me?  8)

tpugmire

« Reply #14809 on: July 27, 2019, 09:42:13 pm »
Amazing how time flies, I’ve been here 8.5 years.  I’ve made some great friends too.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14810 on: July 28, 2019, 09:50:23 am »
I’ve met several of you in person. Not a single one has been an asshole.

Did you forget meeting me?  8)

I remember. Still no assholes, my brotha

« Reply #14811 on: August 03, 2019, 06:34:16 pm »
I started up Fire Emblem: Three Houses. This is actually my first FE game... and i feel like theres kind of a huge learning curve; but I'm enjoying it so far and can't wait to see how it all plays out.

kashell

« Reply #14812 on: August 05, 2019, 08:06:56 am »
I clicked on a random page on this topic just to reminisce. Good times.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14813 on: August 11, 2019, 09:35:49 pm »
This thing is at 988 pages.
There’s been some stuff happen here

I read my pm’s on here from time to time for the same reason.

Warmsignal

« Reply #14814 on: August 18, 2019, 01:22:27 am »
I realize this will sound blasphemous to many-a-frugal game collector, and I seem to be one of the few here who obsesses over condition of modern games. One of my biggest regrets in collecting, was buying so many modern games used. The savings was simply not worth having other people's hand-me-down games, personally. The countless minor, and major condition flaws of these things drive me absolutely insane as I've become more and more picky. Most of the time, these things got thrashed by the GP before being traded in. They're dirty, icky, creased, bent, snagged, torn and scratched in almost every way imaginable and that absolutely does not reflect the way that I treat my own belongings. Nor can I proud to own something like that.

Buying used only saved me $10 - $15 per game, on average from a new copy. Now I'm left looking to eventually replace as many used copies of games as I realistically can with new and sealed ones, with the intent to actually open them when the time comes. In some cases, that may not be realistic given that some sealed games can run very expensive over time. But overall, it's my goal to upgrade much of my modern game collection. Back in the early days of my collecting, I accepted some pretty poor things (by my standards) and it now drives me nuts, why I gave any money for them given what shape they were. At the time, it was all about wow I can get this game so cheap!, but now I regret that I did. Quality over quantity for sure.

So far all of my Nintendo Switch games have been brand new purchases, and as far as I'm concerned, my days of ever buying another modern game used are over. Often enough, the new copy does not run a whole lot more as price reductions occur on older and clearance titles. For me, the freshness, and satisfaction in being the original owner of a game is more than worth the extra money it takes to buy new. I realize that not everyone can justify the extra cost, but if you are in it mainly to pick up titles that are true to what you enjoy rather than picking games up in bulk, or only to try them out before trading back in, then I've got to recommend the new copy.

Of course, I would never apply this logic to classic games. I'll accept those for what they are. However with modern, there's no good excuse not to buy new when it's plentiful.

kashell

« Reply #14815 on: August 18, 2019, 08:23:00 am »
For modern games, I try to reserve a copy. Guaranteed freshness!

« Reply #14816 on: August 18, 2019, 04:37:49 pm »
Personally I've never really found myself to be a collector.  I'm a gamer first and foremost.  If the game plays, I'm happy enough.  Don't get me wrong, I try to get as good condition as I can, but I'm super frugal and stretch my dollar as best I can, so I'll gladly take saving $10-15 and get a secondhand copy as long as it plays and isn't in disgusting condition.

« Reply #14817 on: August 28, 2019, 12:49:34 pm »
Personally I've never really found myself to be a collector.  I'm a gamer first and foremost.  If the game plays, I'm happy enough.  Don't get me wrong, I try to get as good condition as I can, but I'm super frugal and stretch my dollar as best I can, so I'll gladly take saving $10-15 and get a secondhand copy as long as it plays and isn't in disgusting condition.

All of this

kashell

« Reply #14818 on: August 30, 2019, 10:04:45 am »
Ahh yiss. A Mega Man Zero collection for the Switch that includes ZX and ZX Advent.

telly

« Reply #14819 on: August 30, 2019, 10:21:13 am »
Ahh yiss. A Mega Man Zero collection for the Switch that includes ZX and ZX Advent.

I want that so bad. I haven't played any zero games, but ZX and ZX Advent are my favorite 2D Mega Man games!
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery