Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1533849 times)

kashell

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #14880 on: November 01, 2019, 03:03:37 pm »
Interestingly, it was for two reviews that were written a while ago. One was for Castlevania IV, which I reviewed about a year ago. The other was for Kirby's Dream Land 3, which I reviewed in 2003, haha.

pzeke

« Reply #14881 on: November 01, 2019, 05:43:01 pm »
Well, let's hope sending you that email laden with profanities somehow filled the void in his seemingly miserable soul.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

pzeke

« Reply #14882 on: November 03, 2019, 05:51:34 pm »
Went to Walmart today and they stocked up on more Sega Genesis Minis, but had another box filled with more. I'm smelling a price drop soon given they haven't sold many since its release. I hope I'm right; it'd be nice getting it cheaper.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

kashell

« Reply #14883 on: November 04, 2019, 12:06:08 pm »
Well, let's hope sending you that email laden with profanities somehow filled the void in his seemingly miserable soul.

Haha, it's all good. The way I see it, they're either.

A. A 12 year old with an Internet connection that thinks they're being funny.

B. A very passionate neckbeard that got so mad, so enraged that someone didn't share their opinion that they simply HAD to let me know how they felt. Because, y'know, video games.

« Reply #14884 on: November 04, 2019, 12:43:50 pm »

Haha, it's all good. The way I see it, they're either.

A. A 12 year old with an Internet connection that thinks they're being funny.

B. A very passionate neckbeard that got so mad, so enraged that someone didn't share their opinion that they simply HAD to let me know how they felt. Because, y'know, video games.

I’ve been on the receiving end of B a couple of times when I was doing TV and Movie reviews.

One dude got super-pissed that I called 24: Legacy derivative, despite the fact that still said I like it overall.

And another one that wrote his own dissenting review because I said that Power Rangers wasn’t a good Power Rangers movie (it’s a surprisingly competent teen drama, though).  I think I was called stuck up and full of myself for not getting it - at the least.

kashell

« Reply #14885 on: November 04, 2019, 02:59:57 pm »
Hopefully they weren't the reason you stopped writing reviews.

« Reply #14886 on: November 04, 2019, 03:26:56 pm »

Nah.  I just wasn’t having fun with it anymore and the guy I did most my freelancing for was a dick.

kashell

« Reply #14887 on: November 05, 2019, 08:06:04 am »

Nah.  I just wasn’t having fun with it anymore and the guy I did most my freelancing for was a dick.
That sounds like the current situation for submitting work at GameFAQs.

« Reply #14888 on: November 07, 2019, 10:00:03 pm »
Well I just killed my Xbox one controller. Last week i spilled some beer in it... ugh.. and the buttons got sticky. no big deal i figured, i clean out controllers all the time. So today i completely disassembled the controller, taking my time, paying attention to the tear down instructions online. Got everything broken down, cleaned up and reassembled, put the batteries back in and the damn thing doesnt power up.. at all. I dont get it. everything seemed to have gone well so i have no idea what happened. I'll probably break it down again and see if I can fix it, but in the mean time i guess i have an excuse to order that phantom white controller i've be eyeing for some time.. 

« Reply #14889 on: November 09, 2019, 06:05:44 am »
So, let me tell you about how much it sucks to get your tonsils out at 36.

A lot.

Fortunately I have a boat load of sick time, one heck of a backlog to get caught up on, and Disney+ launches Tuesday.

kashell

« Reply #14890 on: November 09, 2019, 07:04:06 am »
Ah yes. Good ol' tonsils. I had those taken out when I was 10 and it was awful. I can only imagine how much more awful it would be at 36. I'm wishing you a swift recovery.

« Reply #14891 on: November 09, 2019, 12:37:51 pm »
Mine were removed when i was like 4, I am glad I cant remember.

soera

« Reply #14892 on: November 10, 2019, 05:09:38 am »

A lot.

Can I chat with you about it?

« Reply #14893 on: November 10, 2019, 07:32:28 am »

A lot.

Can I chat with you about it?

Ask away.  I will go ahead and say that I'm being a bit melodramatic.

Warmsignal

« Reply #14894 on: November 10, 2019, 01:17:35 pm »
Went to Walmart today and they stocked up on more Sega Genesis Minis, but had another box filled with more. I'm smelling a price drop soon given they haven't sold many since its release. I hope I'm right; it'd be nice getting it cheaper.

I've actually been seeing these things fly of the shelves at GameStop. The last time I was at Walmart, someone was picking one up. I'm not saying there will be no deals on one, but a full scale price drop two months in? I would be surprised to see that. The thanksgiving holiday sales may yield an opportunity, though.