Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1529728 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #14985 on: February 03, 2020, 06:55:16 pm »
I claim the top spot on the 1000th page of this thread!

Can you believe we have a thread started years ago, by Kenny, that has lasted 1000 pages? 

Here’s to 1000 more!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 10:22:30 pm by turf »

Warmsignal

« Reply #14986 on: February 03, 2020, 07:12:01 pm »
nepotism
[ˈnepəˌtizəm]
NOUN

the practice among those with power or influence of favoring relatives or friends.

pzeke

« Reply #14987 on: February 03, 2020, 07:16:45 pm »
I'm not sure what you're doing, turf, but in any other forum that definitely wouldn't be allowed. Granted, I said "in any other forum", but still, what you did is still in poor taste.

Ah, I didn't realize some posts in the thread had gone missing. I would hope the removal of said posts were due to a violation of rules, and not use of admin power to wipe clean any evidence of personal involvement in a discussion.

As I stated in my previous post, a comment was made that sub-genres in video games are of no relevance, which prompted others to share their opinion, as anyone would given we're in an online forum. Other than posting a meme and telling the person in question to not be a baby given the way they replied, no rules were broken. I mean, unless hurting someone's feelings constitutes as rule breaking. The funny thing is my initial post, which had nothing to do with this was deleted, also.

Like I said, what was done is censorship and deleting everything for the sake of clearing any traces of mishandling the situation I feel was an abuse of power.

nepotism
[ˈnepəˌtizəm]
NOUN

the practice among those with power or influence of favoring relatives or friends.

Indeed.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

telly

« Reply #14988 on: February 03, 2020, 08:52:11 pm »
My settings are different so we're only on page 600 for me  :o
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

pzeke

« Reply #14989 on: February 03, 2020, 09:35:22 pm »
My settings are different so we're only on page 600 for me  :o

When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.

telly

« Reply #14990 on: February 03, 2020, 10:49:01 pm »
Yeah I set it to display 25 instead of 15 a couple years ago ;D
Currently Playing:

pzeke

« Reply #14991 on: February 03, 2020, 10:56:58 pm »
I've been meaning to do that, but I always forget to...although truth be told, I've kind of gotten used to having each thread display 15 posts. And that's quite contrasting for me since I often edit my preferences in every forum I've registered.

kashell

« Reply #14992 on: February 04, 2020, 08:18:06 am »
Geez. What the eff happened to Kenny's thread?

« Reply #14993 on: February 04, 2020, 08:27:11 am »
I find it funny that we are talking about low quality high volume posts and then turf comes in and does exactly that for like 15 posts.

telly

« Reply #14994 on: February 04, 2020, 08:37:17 am »
Yeah that's a very good point xD
Currently Playing:

pzeke

« Reply #14995 on: February 04, 2020, 09:22:27 am »
I find it funny that we are talking about low quality high volume posts and then turf comes in and does exactly that for like 15 posts.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14996 on: February 04, 2020, 10:37:49 am »
Ladies and Gentlemen, I want to lead with this is an Internet forum. It is not life or death.  Grow up.

For years, this forum has been drama and bullshit free. It’s been one of the last bastions of hope on the internet. It has been an enjoyable place where I have made legit friends.  Now, several years in, our site has turned into a place for a few to bicker and whine. What used to be a place where we folks shared a love and interest in old video games, has devolved into something akin to every other forum on the internet.

I want to thank you all that have made this a wonderful place for me to check daily. I want to thank the folks that helped me through hard times and shared amazing experiences with.

Now, to you assholes that have stolen our fun, please leave us alone.  I’m asking nicely. Please move on to another forum and spread your poison. We don’t need it here. I know that I am not alone in saying you are tolerated here, not welcomed.

And to the point of me posting 10 times in a row. I’ve been a part of this thread since it’s beginning. It is something just a tad bit sacred to us that have been active here for a long time.  Then, an argument over some comment in another thread bled over to here. I did something silly to try to change the direction of the thread and celebrate that it had lasted so long.  It was in the spirit of lightheartedness and I thought it was fun.  If you don’t like it, move on.

kashell

« Reply #14997 on: February 04, 2020, 11:01:49 am »
I understand that the concept of kindness is foreign on the Internet; especially with anonymous message boards about video games. But, I expect better of this site.

Gentle reminder: turf isn't the first one to multi-post to claim a milestone. It's happened before on this very thread and the worst thing that happened was that someone's avatar was changed as a joke/"punishment".

« Reply #14998 on: February 04, 2020, 11:23:52 am »
Woah woah woah, dont attack me for pointing out the irony.  Rude!

desocietas

« Reply #14999 on: February 04, 2020, 11:26:32 am »
Kash, did I read correctly that you're now officially off the market?

Also, is anyone playing board games these days? It's nice to be off the internet/screen for a while...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas