Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1531803 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #15195 on: May 22, 2020, 12:02:50 pm »
Turbografx mini shipped, oh well, guess I'm keeping it.  :P

azure

« Reply #15196 on: May 24, 2020, 07:18:07 pm »
Lemme just say the UI for this mini seems like it had the most love put into it. I've come across some videos of PCE/TG16 fans praising all the little touches that went into the UI. I personally love how when loading a PCE CD game, the system plays the sound as if a disc has started spinning. A nice touch  :P

Warmsignal

« Reply #15197 on: May 25, 2020, 11:12:19 am »
Well, the demise of GS is finally hitting close to home. It was recently announced that the mall location in my town will not be reopening after the virus, as well as another mall location in a neighboring town. So I'm down to only 2 locations in my immediate area. I didn't think I'd see closures so soon, but these forced closures have only speed up the process since forcing everybody to shut down is basically a death sentence.

Every Walmart across the nation was able to house people shoulder to shoulder since March, but allowing a small shop like GameStop to remain open if even to just allow pickups only, now that would have been irresponsible and dangerous. Basically, all business got to suffer the effects of forced shutdown except Walmart and Amazon, they were rewarded the boost of being the only show in town, so that worked out fantastically.

This shutdown has been a joke the entire time. Nobody took it that seriously, it was a huge blow to the economy, and I'd be shocked if it actually saved any lives.

sworddude

« Reply #15198 on: May 25, 2020, 12:21:09 pm »
Well, the demise of GS is finally hitting close to home. It was recently announced that the mall location in my town will not be reopening after the virus, as well as another mall location in a neighboring town. So I'm down to only 2 locations in my immediate area. I didn't think I'd see closures so soon, but these forced closures have only speed up the process since forcing everybody to shut down is basically a death sentence.

Every Walmart across the nation was able to house people shoulder to shoulder since March, but allowing a small shop like GameStop to remain open if even to just allow pickups only, now that would have been irresponsible and dangerous. Basically, all business got to suffer the effects of forced shutdown except Walmart and Amazon, they were rewarded the boost of being the only show in town, so that worked out fantastically.

This shutdown has been a joke the entire time. Nobody took it that seriously, it was a huge blow to the economy, and I'd be shocked if it actually saved any lives.

while it might have been a joke in the USA

in other parts of the world a shut down did decrease the potential infected people, not to mention that the actual problem is that hospitals are getting overloaded thanks to this crisis something that doesnt happen with a normal flu you just die with that one.

Spain and italy for example withouth a lockdown overloaded hospitals big time

People where treated outside or just left out to die since not enough spots. that is why countries force a lock down. hospitals withouth this virus where never overloaded.

obivously since a lockdown means less crowds surely you'll get less cases

Still they could have just done a lock down for the people who had handicaps or where at age and forced only those to stay at home since it doesn't affect younger people under 50 that much. still happens but rare compared to them actual vulnarable targets.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 12:29:12 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

azure

« Reply #15199 on: May 27, 2020, 03:59:52 pm »
Anybody jumping onto PSO2 with the Windows release?

kashell

« Reply #15200 on: May 28, 2020, 11:14:11 am »
The TurboGrax-16 mini is giving me LIFE. Of the four minis I have, this one might be my favorite because all of the experiences feel so new and fresh. Plus, it's crazy how damn good these games look.

« Reply #15201 on: May 28, 2020, 11:25:17 am »
The TurboGrax-16 mini is giving me LIFE. Of the four minis I have, this one might be my favorite because all of the experiences feel so new and fresh. Plus, it's crazy how damn good these games look.
Yeah, I think I only played Star Fox 2 on my SNES and I didn't really touch my PS1 other than to play around with hacking it.

mark1982

« Reply #15202 on: May 29, 2020, 02:34:54 am »
Glad you guys are Enjoying it ;D

So many great games to be played.
  l    l 

kashell

« Reply #15203 on: May 31, 2020, 11:42:09 am »
Finishing Rondo of Blood on its "original" console felt pretty great. Also, Maria continues to be OP as Hell and it's AWESOME.

« Reply #15204 on: May 31, 2020, 12:07:41 pm »
Finishing Rondo of Blood on its "original" console felt pretty great. Also, Maria continues to be OP as Hell and it's AWESOME.

I just played Rondo for the first time last year, but I'm tempted to play it again for this experience.

kashell

« Reply #15205 on: June 01, 2020, 03:29:14 pm »

I just played Rondo for the first time last year, but I'm tempted to play it again for this experience.
Which system did you play it on?

« Reply #15206 on: June 01, 2020, 03:47:40 pm »

Which system did you play it on?

PS4 in the Castlevania Requiem Collection.

kashell

« Reply #15207 on: June 02, 2020, 07:59:12 am »
I was thinking about downloading that; probably making it one of my next platinum trophies. How was it?

« Reply #15208 on: June 02, 2020, 08:21:29 am »
I was thinking about downloading that; probably making it one of my next platinum trophies. How was it?

It's good!  I haven't touched Symphony on it yet, but Rondo played great.

kashell

« Reply #15209 on: June 03, 2020, 08:55:46 am »
Good to know. Last I checked it was 20 bucks, so that's a damn good deal even if it's digital only. Symphony of the Night is a game I'll never grow tired of.