Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1532765 times)

kashell

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #15435 on: November 11, 2020, 09:25:22 am »
Happy Veteran's Day.

doafan

« Reply #15436 on: November 11, 2020, 09:53:26 am »
Nah, I wouldnt consider that crazy. If anything, it sounds no different than talking to a relative at their gravestone except in this case its from the comfort of your own house.

That's the idea, I can still tell good morning as soon as I go to the living room and before going to bed I say her goodnight, just like old days.

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

pzeke

« Reply #15437 on: November 11, 2020, 11:14:09 am »
While rummaging around eBay, I came across this on someone's user page:

Quote from: Someone on eBay
Just wanted to clarify!! The price I charge for shipping isn t for shipping costs. I take the total price I want for the item, & move 9.99 over to shipping to save buyers some $$$ on sales tax. The Total is right around what others are charging!

I don't like putting others on blast, unless absolutely deserved, but that's quite possibly one of the most inane things I've ever read.

Happy Veteran's Day.

'Merica, fuck yeah!

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #15438 on: November 12, 2020, 08:18:19 am »
While rummaging around eBay, I came across this on someone's user page:

Quote from: Someone on eBay
Just wanted to clarify!! The price I charge for shipping isn t for shipping costs. I take the total price I want for the item, & move 9.99 over to shipping to save buyers some $$$ on sales tax. The Total is right around what others are charging!

I don't like putting others on blast, unless absolutely deserved, but that's quite possibly one of the most inane things I've ever read.

Happy Veteran's Day.

'Merica, fuck yeah!
Doesn't ebay charge tax on shipping, too?

tripredacus

« Reply #15439 on: November 12, 2020, 10:12:01 am »
They do, and it never made sense to me.

kashell

« Reply #15440 on: November 13, 2020, 02:03:48 pm »
I'm trying to determine which game I should pick for my 100th platinum. The Casltevania collection (RoB and SotN) is a strong contender because I'd be paying homage to my first platinum: Lord of Darkness.

But, I'm also looking at Star Ocean: First Departure R since one of my favorite platinum trophies was for Star Ocean: The Last Hope. I would consider Til' the End of Time but I heard it's buggy AF.

There's also Cross Edge, which would take the longest amount of time but it would be a way to honor disgaeniac. Cross Edge was one of his favorite games of all time.

I'm about to start my Toal playthrough in Ys Origin and I'm just starting Suikoden Tactics so there's plenty of time to decide.

« Reply #15441 on: November 13, 2020, 04:02:21 pm »
The Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros. has been going in and out of availability all day long.  I just managed to get one at Amazon.  I know several people in here were wanting one.

« Reply #15442 on: November 13, 2020, 09:00:46 pm »
The Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros. has been going in and out of availability all day long.  I just managed to get one at Amazon.  I know several people in here were wanting one.

I managed to get one from Amazon as well if nothing more just because it was available.

« Reply #15443 on: November 13, 2020, 10:15:20 pm »
I went with best buy

pzeke

« Reply #15444 on: November 14, 2020, 10:25:19 am »
Doesn't ebay charge tax on shipping, too?

They collect tax, don't charge. PayPal on the other hand...

They do, and it never made sense to me.

Here's a link to an article with info on the matter; it's about 7 years old, but it's still relevant. However, in regards to eBay, the main reason they ended up implementing this was because back when this wasn't a thing, a good number of sellers would charge hefty shipping prices for the sake of lowering FVFs on their sales. Imagine selling an item for .99¢ and charging $50 on shipping, yet only paying .34¢ after both eBay and PayPal fees. Many people made a killing this way...and would've probably killed eBay had they not enforced the fee. Occasionally you'll see people that aren't up-to-date with the way eBay works try this, proving futile in the end.

Overall, that seller is ultimately hurting the majority of those that do happen to live in a state where shipping is taxable. So if he really wants to "save" his buyers that tax money, then "free shipping" would be the best option.

The bigger travesty here is PayPal taking a cut of the sales tax collected.

When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15445 on: November 14, 2020, 01:11:42 pm »
Watch out with paypal, because if your account isnt used in 12 months, they can charge u 12 Euro.

It is in the new user agrement.

pzeke

« Reply #15446 on: November 14, 2020, 01:40:54 pm »
And two years or more may result in escheatment if there's money in your account.

Never leave money in your PayPal account, period. PayPal is not a bank.

pzeke

« Reply #15447 on: November 15, 2020, 08:19:49 am »
There's a select few certainties in life: the laws of physics and Murphy, death, taxes, and, incontestably, somehow, someway, GameStop's otiose website fucking up for a multitude of people, in a variety of colorful ways at any given freaking second.

I've been trying to place an order for the past week and some change, and every single time I can't on account of "some products" that "can't be shipped to my address". I've had this happen before, but after either relaunching my browser or doing a hard refresh the problem went away. None of that worked this time around. Then today, I go and try again, and hey, what do you know, I could place my order if wanted to. But why didn't I? One small, teensy-weensy little detail: the "flash deal" they had of buy 5 or more PS4 games to get 50% off ended. I've read online people who'd theorize that GameStop tends to purposely make their website "glitch" on occasion in order to limit the orders they'd receive during special events. Whenever I read that I would go, "okay, sure", but I have to honestly give that theory some merit now given yesterday, after not being able to place my order, I decided to try if I could place one for the Super Mario Bros. Game & Watch, just on a hunch; and what do you know? I could. Tinfoil hat intensifies.

I guess none of this should be a surprise...it's freaking GameStop.

« Reply #15448 on: November 15, 2020, 03:19:09 pm »
There's a select few certainties in life: the laws of physics and Murphy, death, taxes, and, incontestably, somehow, someway, GameStop's otiose website fucking up for a multitude of people, in a variety of colorful ways at any given freaking second.

I've been trying to place an order for the past week and some change, and every single time I can't on account of "some products" that "can't be shipped to my address". I've had this happen before, but after either relaunching my browser or doing a hard refresh the problem went away. None of that worked this time around. Then today, I go and try again, and hey, what do you know, I could place my order if wanted to. But why didn't I? One small, teensy-weensy little detail: the "flash deal" they had of buy 5 or more PS4 games to get 50% off ended. I've read online people who'd theorize that GameStop tends to purposely make their website "glitch" on occasion in order to limit the orders they'd receive during special events. Whenever I read that I would go, "okay, sure", but I have to honestly give that theory some merit now given yesterday, after not being able to place my order, I decided to try if I could place one for the Super Mario Bros. Game & Watch, just on a hunch; and what do you know? I could. Tinfoil hat intensifies.

I guess none of this should be a surprise...it's freaking GameStop.

Their site is and will forever be trash. I remember back when I was splurging during retro flash sales and putting stuff on my cart, leave to do something else, come back to add more only to have my entire cart wiped out. No amount of redesign will help that site

pzeke

« Reply #15449 on: November 16, 2020, 09:10:28 am »
Their site is and will forever be trash. I remember back when I was splurging during retro flash sales and putting stuff on my cart, leave to do something else, come back to add more only to have my entire cart wiped out. No amount of redesign will help that site

Yeah, that has happened to me as well. Their website should be one of the examples given in the dictionary for the word 'trash'.

With that said, however, GameStop isn't alone in this; Walmart's website is getting trashy as well. Almost every time I go to a new page within the website I get a "help us keep your account safe" message that's tacked with a freaking security check, which won't work the first time or after refreshing, but once you do a hard refresh on the page you're on. I can to a degree understand the penchant most website's these days have with "protecting your account's safety", but it has become an insufferable inconvenience at this point. PayPal is probably the worst.