Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1534552 times)

pzeke

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #16440 on: November 01, 2023, 09:01:36 pm »
You know what's mind blowing? NES really is still the king of being over-priced, when it comes to retro games. There are almost 80 games for the system over $100 in NA. I believe there's at least 10 that are over a grand. No other console can touch that, not Saturn, not the SNES. Power Blade 2, is a thousand dollar cartridge. Can you believe that shit? All of my info comes from Price Charting, btw.

Interesting, since you're often wailing on about how everyone shouldn't be using eBay as a metric, which PriceCharting and many other websites like it happen to do.

Anywho...

Fuck this malarkey!

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

dhaabi

« Reply #16441 on: November 04, 2023, 09:02:20 am »
Anywho...

Fuck this malarkey!

If I'm understanding the situation correctly, the "Download required" label only signifies an update for additional language support. I've read that the label's presence isn't usually implemented for such minor updates, so it seems like its use for Star Ocean: The Second Story R was a mistake.

doafan

« Reply #16442 on: November 06, 2023, 10:58:51 am »
Yesterday I celebrated an entire year of daily gameplay at Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp, after being unable to play it  fot almost two years, believe it or not this is the game that have been playing the most, the activity that the iPhone gaves me it says that I use the game between 16 to 23 hours per week, sorry for the edit but is a pain in the ass to write from the phone, got the Internet so restricted here in the office, every day is worst

« Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 11:30:59 am by doafan »

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

pzeke

« Reply #16443 on: November 09, 2023, 01:50:31 am »
If I'm understanding the situation correctly, the "Download required" label only signifies an update for additional language support. I've read that the label's presence isn't usually implemented for such minor updates, so it seems like its use for Star Ocean: The Second Story R was a mistake.

Yeah, I was going to reply to my post shortly after my last posting on the forums that day, but went off to sleep (something I should be doing now), then the next day I signed in momentarily but completely forgot. As it turns out, the "required download" is indeed for a 3GB language pack...and some bug fixes, of course, because what game doesn't get released these days without needing a patch or two on day one. Could've slapped that sucker on the back, in all honesty, but at least the game is fully playable out of the package.

Still, however...

And seems to be the case with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe with the Wave 6 DLC. So, once again, and this time with gusto: fuck this malarkey!

Eww, TikTok...although, the same could be said about YouTube nowadays. Damn that algorithm!

When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.

alligo

« Reply #16444 on: November 10, 2023, 03:03:34 pm »
Yesterday I celebrated an entire year of daily gameplay at Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp, after being unable to play it  fot almost two years, believe it or not this is the game that have been playing the most, the activity that the iPhone gaves me it says that I use the game between 16 to 23 hours per week, sorry for the edit but is a pain in the ass to write from the phone, got the Internet so restricted here in the office, every day is worst

I played it for a long time before stopping... only to start again a few years later to stop playing it again.

It's too time consuming.
https://vgcollect.com/alligo

I don't need a guitar, I'm a Rockstar

dhaabi

« Reply #16445 on: November 14, 2023, 10:29:24 am »
I keep replaying recent events in my head, so I figured I'll share a moment from them. This past weekend, I attended a friend's art exhibition in New York. Two days after the opening night, I was in the gallery again waiting for that friend as they spoke to a small group of three others. Apparently, those three people have a combined net worth of $2 billion. One had a toy poodle with them, and I just know that their dog must be eating better than me on any given day of the week. Something about that dog's life left an impression on me.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16446 on: November 14, 2023, 12:48:58 pm »
Well just remember... If that dogs is male, he most likely had his nuts taken away before he could ever use them.

Either that or no amount of money could ever protect that dog from being punted a long distance.

tripredacus

« Reply #16447 on: November 17, 2023, 09:28:20 am »
I was able to successfully create an application in Python and SQLite3 to manage my backlog. It took me 4 days to figure it out with some help.

dhaabi

« Reply #16448 on: November 18, 2023, 10:29:30 am »
I was able to successfully create an application in Python and SQLite3 to manage my backlog. It took me 4 days to figure it out with some help.

To manage your backlog, or to help direct you what to play? If the latter, what kinds of criteria (e.g. game system, genre, physical/digital) is the application utilizing to determine what's next? Is what's next going to be as random as drawing a name out of a hat, or are there certain kinds of games you're wanting to prioritize higher than others?

Also, out of curiosity, how many games or items does your backlog consist of at this point?

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16449 on: November 27, 2023, 11:03:10 pm »
Why has Inspector Gadget not a game?  It would be perfect. You get power-ups Metroid style to progress.
That’s my random thought for the day.

tripredacus

« Reply #16450 on: November 28, 2023, 10:40:46 am »

To manage your backlog, or to help direct you what to play? If the latter, what kinds of criteria (e.g. game system, genre, physical/digital) is the application utilizing to determine what's next? Is what's next going to be as random as drawing a name out of a hat, or are there certain kinds of games you're wanting to prioritize higher than others?

Also, out of curiosity, how many games or items does your backlog consist of at this point?

It is for what is next to play. Entries have a priority value that is incremented anytime I search for matching text in title or reference field. I can then see what is "next" although I have set myself some rules for that. For example, the next item in backlog is Fallout New Vegas, which would be a replay for me and I still have some achievements to get still. But if it comes up when I choose my next game after Hyperdimension Neptunia, I will defer because I've already played Fallout 4 this calendar year. I want to give myself a better chance of playing a variety of the things in my list so I want to do 1 game per franchise per year. Another thing about seeing what is next is that I can prep/test consoles if need be. I'm still not certain whether I can play Xbox or PS2 games at this point using the physical media, so it gives me a chance to try it out first.

The total row count is in the 9,000 range because there are things on my backlog that are not on my site collection such as ROMs or other PC downloads that don't particularly qualify like the Duke Nukem Forever 2001 build, Diablo DevilutionX mod or Daggerfall Unity build, etc.

pzeke

« Reply #16451 on: November 29, 2023, 05:06:54 pm »
Why has Inspector Gadget not a game?  It would be perfect. You get power-ups Metroid style to progress.
That’s my random thought for the day.

There have been games, but I get what you mean; I think Inspector Gadget: Advance Mission isn't that bad, all things considered. Currently, there's this turd if you're looking to torture yourself.

pzeke

« Reply #16452 on: November 30, 2023, 11:52:41 am »
Currently taking a break 'cause things are moving at a turtle's pace around here; but man, let me tell you, watching this was a treat. I want that to be real, both as a film and a game.

EDIT (who cares?): I just realized I was a tad cryptic with the way I worded this post, so for the record, I meant where I was at the time I posted this, not the website.Although...
« Last Edit: December 03, 2023, 04:03:55 pm by pzeke »

pzeke

« Reply #16453 on: December 06, 2023, 06:54:21 pm »
The new Florida Simulator is coming along nicely. Another grand salami from Rockstar for sure.

tripredacus

« Reply #16454 on: December 20, 2023, 12:01:36 pm »
My Xbox 360 is red ring and doesn't turn on. I bought it for $20 as-is so you get what you get.
I booted up my PS3 and both of my controllers are bad apparently.