Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1532005 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #16455 on: December 20, 2023, 12:08:10 pm »
My Xbox 360 is red ring and doesn't turn on. I bought it for $20 as-is so you get what you get.
I booted up my PS3 and both of my controllers are bad apparently.

That sucks.  I was trying to do something on my Wii U a month or so ago and my Zelda Wii-mote has apparently gone bad.

tripredacus

« Reply #16456 on: December 21, 2023, 09:54:47 am »
I may try to clean the controllers before going out to buy new ones. I think I haven't tried to use the PS3 in almost ten years. What happens is that the menus just click around randomly and very fast.

alligo

« Reply #16457 on: December 24, 2023, 11:34:10 am »
Why has Inspector Gadget not a game?  It would be perfect. You get power-ups Metroid style to progress.
That’s my random thought for the day.

There have been games, but I get what you mean; I think Inspector Gadget: Advance Mission isn't that bad, all things considered. Currently, there's this turd if you're looking to torture yourself.

Lmao the release of this game is really shameful, plus it's still quite expensive for a game that ends in 2 hours.

The game is buggy, I read that someone was blocked during the credits.
However, there is potential to be created with this type of license... recently they also massacred Goldorak.
https://vgcollect.com/alligo

I don't need a guitar, I'm a Rockstar

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16458 on: December 31, 2023, 04:42:28 pm »
In advance, happy New year everybody!!!
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

pzeke

« Reply #16459 on: January 23, 2024, 03:18:08 am »
I don't know about any of you, but I think it's laughable (i.e., pathetic) to review a video game after only watching a playthrough of it on YouTube; that literally defeats the whole point: it's not a movie. Just a random thought. Anyway...

Lmao the release of this game is really shameful, plus it's still quite expensive for a game that ends in 2 hours.

The game is buggy, I read that someone was blocked during the credits.
However, there is potential to be created with this type of license... recently they also massacred Goldorak.

Oh, definitely, video game–wise, the Inspector Gadget franchise has a lot of potential that, sadly, it has yet to reach. Maybe one day.

As for Goldorak, someone I know told me it's like a mecha-styled Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot, only crappier, but after watching some gameplay footage and then playing it for a bit myself, I actually liked it; I had a lot of fun kicking metal ass. I do admit that it's possible my rose-colored glasses blinded me. Also, DBZ: Kakarot may be more of the same, but it's quite fun, too.

In advance, happy New year everybody!!!

While I'm at it, and in keeping with the topic, have a look at this. It's got a little of everything: Tron, The Lawnmower Man, Ready Player One, ExistenZ, The Thirteenth Floor, Source Code, Gamer, Serenity, and even a bit of Surrogates. That's all I managed to get from some of that. Brownie points for the self-conscious preamble and a mildly interesting video, though; he clearly left the box ages ago.

Anyway, let me counter that by leaving you with something delightfully facetious: Frank Reynold's in Baldur's Gate 3; Frank Reynold's in The Last of Us; and Borat in Resident Evil 4.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

dhaabi

« Reply #16460 on: January 26, 2024, 07:29:33 pm »
I don't know about any of you, but I think it's laughable (i.e., pathetic) to review a video game after only watching a playthrough of it on YouTube; that literally defeats the whole point: it's not a movie. Just a random thought. Anyway...

There's nothing necessarily wrong with that approach, but it comes with being a heavily biased review. It'd be like reviewing a movie after only reading its script. That sort of method ignores an entire dimension to the work.

Anyway, let me counter that by leaving you with something delightfully facetious: Frank Reynold's in Baldur's Gate 3; Frank Reynold's in The Last of Us; and Borat in Resident Evil 4.

It's a bit older than those you've mentioned, but I think the creator hit their peak with the Beverly Hills Cop crossover into Cyberpunk 2077 video. It never gets old.

« Reply #16461 on: January 28, 2024, 08:59:41 am »
making my wishlist full this fine day I noticed nobody added Hogwart's Legacy to VGC. Is that a strike or something?

EDIT: NEVERMIND, somehow the search engine couldn't find it even tho it is on the site.

dhaabi

« Reply #16462 on: January 28, 2024, 10:27:45 am »
making my wishlist full this fine day I noticed nobody added Hogwart's Legacy to VGC. Is that a strike or something?

EDIT: NEVERMIND, somehow the search engine couldn't find it even tho it is on the site.

For the record, there are currently 27 results which appear when searching for hogwarts legacy. Based on your forum post, I'm assuming that you were searching for hogwart's legacy with an incorrectly placed apostrophe, which yields 0 results.

« Reply #16463 on: January 28, 2024, 10:36:24 am »

For the record, there are currently 27 results which appear when searching for hogwarts legacy. Based on your forum post, I'm assuming that you were searching for hogwart's legacy with an incorrectly placed apostrophe, which yields 0 results.

That's exactly what happened, I also tried just "hogwart" but it also yields 0 results.

dhaabi

« Reply #16464 on: January 28, 2024, 11:45:24 am »
Images on eBay (the US site, for now) save as WebP files now. Collecting image resources from them, which should be and used to be without issue, is now a gross inconvenience.

sworddude

« Reply #16465 on: January 30, 2024, 06:01:02 pm »
small inconvenience I'd say, Free webp file converters exist plus you can always print screen.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

dhaabi

« Reply #16466 on: January 30, 2024, 07:17:26 pm »
small inconvenience I'd say, Free webp file converters exist plus you can always print screen.

For every alternative, I either have no control as to where the image saves by default or even by recency (browser extension), or the inconvenience is too high (dedicated site converter.) Going to a dedicated file converter site each time I'm needing the action to be done is too time-consuming, especially when the same result required a fraction of that time before. Screenshots aren't ideal, because images I save aren't always needing to be saved to one location and are sometimes stored for long-term, so there would be extra effort in frequently moving files around. Using a site converter every now and then isn't an issue, as I've done that for quite some time now, but relying on it for a large number of images is tedious. Most days I'm doing database work, it isn't uncommon for me to save several dozen images during that span, so all that extra added time is noticed.

Again, it's not a major problem but an inconvenience for something which was once much more easily done.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2024, 07:25:55 pm by dhaabi »

dhaabi

« Reply #16467 on: February 06, 2024, 01:16:54 pm »
Capcom is organizing a consumer survey. Whether these surveys really amount to anything is debatable, but it seemed worth sharing. Question 5 asks participants which games series they'd like to see new entries for, including Breath of Fire, Dino Crisis, and Onimusha. Question 6 asks which game participants would like to see completely remade, including Breath of Fire, Nijirocho no Kiseki (completely unexpected), and Rival Schools.

After answering the survey, I realized I've only ever played one Capcom game before that was directly developed by them, which is Under the Skin. My time with it may have been an hour.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 01:21:50 pm by dhaabi »

Warmsignal

« Reply #16468 on: April 09, 2024, 08:23:18 pm »
So I've taken a pretty long hiatus from the game collecting, further delaying my goal to "finish" retro collecting. Was mostly due to financial constraints at first, tho it's felt good to not collect and to not feel any of that FOMO for quite a while. Of course, as soon as I toy with the notion of picking back up where I left off, all that shit comes rushing back and I'm quickly reminded of how much better it is, to not being doing this or even thinking about it.

Ironically, in my time away I've only picked up another collecting hobby in it's place. I've started to taking music collecting more serious, and have to admit I'm having a lot of fun with it. I think CDs specifically, are extremely undervalued right now. It feels almost like the early days of video game collecting. I'm simultaneously reuniting with some old tunes, and exploring a lot of other stuff I've never heard before. I'm becoming acquainted with Discogs, learning more about different record labels and their rosters of bands. Determining the best places to track down different releases, what's out of print and what's not. It's a pretty fun time.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 10:41:04 am by Warmsignal »

« Reply #16469 on: April 12, 2024, 05:31:54 pm »
Yeah, I don't even buy like a single game per month anymore.  I don't even recall the last time I actually made a retro purchase, games I buy these days are modern or steam.