Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1597383 times)

jcalder8

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #285 on: January 20, 2013, 10:50:12 am »
today is my 18th birthday

Happy Birthday!

soera

« Reply #286 on: January 20, 2013, 10:56:16 am »
Happy birthday man. Treat yourself to a hooker and a bottle of liquor. You are legal now!

htimreimer

« Reply #287 on: January 20, 2013, 11:37:08 am »
Happy birthday man. Treat yourself to a hooker and a bottle of liquor. You are legal now!
the legal drinking age in saskatchewan is 19 so alcohol

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #288 on: January 20, 2013, 12:01:32 pm »
the legal drinking age in saskatchewan is 19 so alcohol

What's the legal (minimum) age there to enroll/serve/get drafted into the armed forces?

Just curious, 'cause I always catch a whiff of "not right" when you can legally fight, kill, and/or die at a "*LEGALLY*" younger age...than you can have a drink at  :o

(Including my own country here w/ this bullshit, too :(
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

soera

« Reply #289 on: January 20, 2013, 12:19:28 pm »
Oh the legal drinking age here is 21. But legal as in an adult.

And I agree with Disgaeniac. If you can determine the future of the country, fight for the country, be jailed by the country ... then you should be able to celebrate/drown sorrows in liquor in the country. I always though that it made more sense to raise the legal age of everything to 21.

And, on a sort of related note (but will stem up some controversy) I wish they would raise the age of smoking to 21 as well. It would lessen the opportunity for underage kids to have access to them. I always knew someone 18 when I was growing up so being with an adult wasnt ever an issue ... but finding someone 21 willing to do stuff for us like buy liquor (and if they fixed it cigarettes for the people that smoked) was a lot harder to do.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #290 on: January 20, 2013, 12:22:16 pm »
And, on a sort of related note (but will stem up some controversy) I wish they would raise the age of smoking to 21 as well. It would lessen the opportunity for underage kids to have access to them. I always knew someone 18 when I was growing up so being with an adult wasnt ever an issue ... but finding someone 21 willing to do stuff for us like buy liquor (and if they fixed it cigarettes for the people that smoked) was a lot harder to do.

Even if you weren't morally against buying cigarettes or alcohol for minors, you'd still be smart not to do it. Not buying them is covering your own butt. You don't want to get in trouble.

jcalder8

« Reply #291 on: January 20, 2013, 01:14:57 pm »
Well I will increase the controversy by saying that I don't know why cigarettes are still legal! They will kill you and your loved ones and probably your dog, cat, any future hamsters... and that's just what they say on the package!

soera

« Reply #292 on: January 20, 2013, 01:28:03 pm »
I agree. I think alcohol and cigarettes should both be illegal if marijuana is illegal.

foxhack

« Reply #293 on: January 20, 2013, 01:39:41 pm »
Wait, Canada has an army? I thought they only had lumberjacks.

jcalder8

« Reply #294 on: January 20, 2013, 01:47:05 pm »
I agree. I think alcohol and cigarettes should both be illegal if marijuana is illegal.
I can at least understand why people will drink and smoke weed but cigarettes has never made any sense to me.

jcalder8

« Reply #295 on: January 20, 2013, 01:48:20 pm »
Our army is mostly lumberjacks, very mean ones!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #296 on: January 20, 2013, 01:53:38 pm »

I was...*assuming* that they did (...picturing them going into battle w/ big, bad-ass St. Bernards toting massively-sized casks of whiskey, at their sides) :P

If they ever get "combat-groupie-girls" following 'em around...

...the girls could cleverly call themselves the Mount-Me's  :o 8)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #297 on: January 20, 2013, 02:24:41 pm »

WHAT KIND OF INHUMANE MONSTER ARE YOU?!

soera

« Reply #298 on: January 20, 2013, 02:58:18 pm »
Not inhumane just logical. Why on earth would marijuana be illegal yet stuff that is loads more damaging to your body be legal and sold in every gas station in America? And let me not limit it to cigarettes but tobacco in general.

htimreimer

« Reply #299 on: January 20, 2013, 03:10:50 pm »
i have gotten alcohol before but here in saskatchewan they want  to lower the legal drinking age to 18