Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1552310 times)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #4275 on: November 02, 2014, 11:11:03 am »
Welcome back Scott, hopefully things will start looking up for ya. :)

RE: people who abuse animals - my best friend came over to my house once several years back w/ a bunch of other guys. Forget exactly what we were up to, something nerdy I'm sure (quite possibly a D&D game? Anyway...). He invited this guy that he had met somehow who was pretty odd and I didn't like him - something about his personality just hit me wrong. But my friend has always been one to take oddballs "under his wing" as it were, so I let it go at that. Well anyway, we were all sitting around the table doing whatever it was and my dog, who is seriously the friendliest sweetest dog you can imagine, kept bugging him I guess - I want to say he was eating something at the time. So suddenly he raises his voice to her & hits her. I VERY quickly informed him that he had better NEVER hit my dog again - I was just about ready to come over the table at him myself. He left very soon after that.

I later informed my friend that that guy was not welcome in my house again, and I'd prefer it if he wasn't around when I visited my friend - I probably only saw that guy once or maybe twice after that.  Just...no. You don't hit any dog, and you sure as HECK don't hit MY dog.  >:(

I am not a violent person but if that happen at my house. He would have gotten punched out and kicked out my house.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4276 on: November 02, 2014, 11:47:41 am »
dark, I am loving your new Koudelka icon!!

Haha!

I was wondering who here would even recognize her or where she was from!

You, however, were a no-brainer & one of the few here that I didn't have any question about knowing who she was  ;)

Credit where credit is due, though - it's thanks to Argyle, who was kind enough to find & forward the image to me - along w/ A LOT of other nice ones, too  ;D

I'm a couple of hours into Tears to Tiara 2 and...I'm liking it a lot more than I was expecting to; for me - to play through a game w/ only JP voices - reading (instead of hearing) everything in English subs...I've got to *really* like it.

So, who else here plays/has played games voiced entirely in a language that they know absolutely nothing about, and had to 'read their way' through the game in order to play it?  Which games?

I've never made it 100% through any myself - in fact, the only other game like this that I've played more than a few minutes of would be Record of Agarest War Zero which, iirc, I probably played about 1/3 of.  I remember putting it on hold - not because I disliked it (how could I ever dislike any game/series that has so much in common w/ Cross Edge; albeit in a slightly diluted, watered-down, and simplified sort of way?8)) -but- because a Disgaea game (3 or 4) came out while I was playing it and it got tossed into the very sincere & well-intentioned "I'll get back to this soon" pile  :-\ 
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4277 on: November 02, 2014, 12:09:55 pm »
The Patriots/Broncos game is gonna be a good one.... In the low 30s, high winds, and snow....lots and lots of snow!

Packers are on bye week this week :(

1049-2600-8730

Bwigdahl

« Reply #4278 on: November 02, 2014, 12:42:59 pm »
Romo's out for us, so we have Oklahoma State Cowboys teammates reuniting as Dallas Cowboys in Weeden and Bryant. Hopefully they can relive their college glory days today out on the field.

cobraseph

« Reply #4279 on: November 02, 2014, 12:44:20 pm »
Welcome back Scott, hopefully things will start looking up for ya. :)

RE: people who abuse animals - my best friend came over to my house once several years back w/ a bunch of other guys. Forget exactly what we were up to, something nerdy I'm sure (quite possibly a D&D game? Anyway...). He invited this guy that he had met somehow who was pretty odd and I didn't like him - something about his personality just hit me wrong. But my friend has always been one to take oddballs "under his wing" as it were, so I let it go at that. Well anyway, we were all sitting around the table doing whatever it was and my dog, who is seriously the friendliest sweetest dog you can imagine, kept bugging him I guess - I want to say he was eating something at the time. So suddenly he raises his voice to her & hits her. I VERY quickly informed him that he had better NEVER hit my dog again - I was just about ready to come over the table at him myself. He left very soon after that.

I later informed my friend that that guy was not welcome in my house again, and I'd prefer it if he wasn't around when I visited my friend - I probably only saw that guy once or maybe twice after that.  Just...no. You don't hit any dog, and you sure as HECK don't hit MY dog.  >:(

I am not a violent person but if that happen at my house. He would have gotten punched out and kicked out my house.

the nerves of the guy... i am the same. you do NOT mess with my Dog or our Pets. me... i would kicked the guy out the second he did that. PERIOD!

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4280 on: November 02, 2014, 01:12:37 pm »
Romo's out for us, so we have Oklahoma State Cowboys teammates reuniting as Dallas Cowboys in Weeden and Bryant. Hopefully they can relive their college glory days today out on the field.

Palmer sucks, as soon as I saw him step up to throw the pass, I knew he was gonna be throwing a pick haha.

1049-2600-8730

Bwigdahl

« Reply #4281 on: November 02, 2014, 01:14:46 pm »

Palmer sucks, as soon as I saw him step up to throw the pass, I knew he was gonna be throwing a pick haha.

pick 6 to boot! that was awesome!

edit: The Cardinals do have one of my favorite players this season tho, John Brown. Not only is his name great, he played college at a small school in Pittsburgh Kansas (hmmmm a guy named John Brown with a Kansas connection)... I actually picked him up on my fantasy team because of that lol, and he's actually having a semi-decent year.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 01:16:48 pm by Bwigdahl »

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4282 on: November 02, 2014, 01:17:24 pm »

pick 6 to boot! that was awesome!

edit: The Cardinals do have one of my favorite players this season tho, John Brown. Not only is his name great, he played college at a small school in Pittsburgh Kansas (hmmmm a guy named John Brown with a Kansas connection)... I actually picked him up on my fantasy team because of that lol, and he's actually having a semi-decent year.

Chargers just had a 7 minute drive.... didn't score lol

1049-2600-8730

Bwigdahl

« Reply #4283 on: November 02, 2014, 01:23:44 pm »
Your guys' offense seems to have kinda stalled in the last few games, Miami should be a winnable one for you guys.

Murray is gonna have to go off again I think for us to win here. And it won't be easy as Arizona has one of the best run D's in the league. But between our o-line and Murray's vision, he should be more than capable of going off. As long as he holds on to the damn ball!

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4284 on: November 02, 2014, 01:24:38 pm »
Your guys' offense seems to have kinda stalled in the last few games, Miami should be a winnable one for you guys.

Murray is gonna have to go off again I think for us to win here. And it won't be easy as Arizona has one of the best run D's in the league. But between our o-line and Murray's vision, he should be more than capable of going off. As long as he holds on to the damn ball!

I hope you don't think I am a chargers fan  :'(

1049-2600-8730

Bwigdahl

« Reply #4285 on: November 02, 2014, 01:26:35 pm »
shit are you not? I knew you were from Cali and I remember you mocking the Raiders last week, lol so I just assumed... 9ers?

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4286 on: November 02, 2014, 01:28:01 pm »
shit are you not? I knew you were from Cali and I remember you mocking the Raiders last week, lol so I just assumed... 9ers?

Packers :D, ive been a fan since I was 5 years old... and I have never set foot in Wisconsin yet haha.

I am a share holder and even bought a fan super bowl ring when they offered them after the Super Bowl.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 01:31:34 pm by fighterpilot562 »

1049-2600-8730

Bwigdahl

« Reply #4287 on: November 02, 2014, 01:33:42 pm »
ah, I gotcha! Living in Kansas, I've never really had any local teams in ANY sport (KC doesn't count because they're all in Missouri and we hate Missouri!), so all of my teams are kinda weird and random.

Dallas Cowboys because when I was a kid, I was crazy into cowboys in general, so a team called the Cowboys was a no-brainer! also, they were really good when I was a kid. But I'm no fairweather fan, I cheered my heart for them during the Quincy Carter/Chad Hutchinson years so I'm a true fan, ha!

OKC Thunder in basketball, I'm not a huge NBA fan so I've just latched onto them due to proximity, lol.

Flyers in hockey, I loved Eric Lindross as a kid and have just gone with them ever since the mid 90s

Phillies in baseball, don't really have a reason for this one and I'm not really a baseball fan at all, so they're just a team I'm interested in... and they've sucked hard in recent years.

only true local team I like are the Wichita State Shockers basketball team. It's been real fun to watch them the last few years!

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4288 on: November 02, 2014, 01:35:52 pm »
ah, I gotcha! Living in Kansas, I've never really had any local teams in ANY sport (KC doesn't count because they're all in Missouri and we hate Missouri!), so all of my teams are kinda weird and random.

Dallas Cowboys because when I was a kid, I was crazy into cowboys in general, so a team called the Cowboys was a no-brainer! also, they were really good when I was a kid. But I'm no fairweather fan, I cheered my heart for them during the Quincy Carter/Chad Hutchinson years so I'm a true fan, ha!

OKC Thunder in basketball, I'm not a huge NBA fan so I've just latched onto them due to proximity, lol.

Flyers in hockey, I loved Eric Lindross as a kid and have just gone with them ever since the mid 90s

Phillies in baseball, don't really have a reason for this one and I'm not really a baseball fan at all, so they're just a team I'm interested in... and they've sucked hard in recent years.

only true local team I like are the Wichita State Shockers basketball team. It's been real fun to watch them the last few years!

I live in LA county, but hate all the LA based teams.
MLB= Angels
NHL=Ducks
College Sports= WVU Mountaineers.
I don't care about basketball... As long as Lakers suck lol

1049-2600-8730

Bwigdahl

« Reply #4289 on: November 02, 2014, 01:37:20 pm »
Well you should be happy this year... Lakers SUCK lmfao. Kobe might kill someone by the end of the season.