Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1574097 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #4305 on: November 03, 2014, 08:22:35 am »

So...size *does* matter!  :o

I knew it!   :P

Size queen! It's all about the motion of the ocean. Or so I've been told. ^_~

Good god, the amount of football talk in this topic is @_@

I was going to mention this. I believe there is a sports topic somewhere for people who actually like that crap. In the general thread however its not meant for play by play action.

<3 This made my morning.

So, it's time for a small update of sorts. First, we took a bookshelf and converted it into a gorgeous looking entertainment center that houses all of my consoles and still has room for new ones that I'll eventually get. It looks stunning, but the great part is that we kind of gutted the back wall, put in grommets behind the shelf, and now all of the chords(?) musical wires, are they? <3 your proofreader are hidden. We then swapped upstairs and downstairs TVs since the downstairs one was bigger / saw whatcha' did there! ;) equipped with more options for hooking up various consoles. To celebrate doing this in one evening, I decided to buy a Retron 5! This is a fabulous little system and I'm so glad that it can play Game Boy related games as well as Famicom and Super Famicom games. A great weekend project knocked out with no fuss.

As far as gaming is going, I decided to try Dragon Force for the Sega Saturn. First, I feel fortunate enough to actually own a copy that has all of the parts (manual, case, sticker, pamphlet that tries to sell you WD swag) and I know that this is a fine game. However, something about it seems to be not clicking with me. Like, I kind of understand what I'm supposed to do, but achieving that might be a bit of a challenge. My friends on the GameFAQs message boards have offered me advice, too. But, I can say I tried it.

I laughed. I cried. It was better than Cats.

But for now, I'll probably just dabble in little games here or there until I can finally pick up Tales of Hearts.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #4306 on: November 03, 2014, 09:53:59 am »
I was still waking up when I wrote that! Or...yes...musical chords actually do connect all of my consoles because...yeah I got nothing. We'll just stick with me still waking up.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4307 on: November 03, 2014, 10:02:18 am »
I was still waking up when I wrote that! Or...yes...musical chords actually do connect all of my consoles because...yeah I got nothing. We'll just stick with me still waking up.

g' mornin!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4308 on: November 03, 2014, 11:07:53 am »
@ Brad, Matt, Scott, exonerator, fox, et al -

Anything planned and/or in the works for Secret Santa's reappearance next month?  8)

argyle

« Reply #4309 on: November 03, 2014, 11:38:33 am »

Don't feel bad, I'm *still* waking up! :o Time change FTL.  :'(
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

kashell

« Reply #4310 on: November 03, 2014, 12:03:19 pm »

Yeah, the topic du jour at work has been the time changing. Falling back is an adjustment, but I think springing forward is worse because we lose an hour sleep.

argyle

« Reply #4311 on: November 03, 2014, 12:07:03 pm »

Yeah, the topic du jour at work has been the time changing. Falling back is an adjustment, but I think springing forward is worse because we lose an hour sleep.

From my experience, the older you get the worse it hits you - whichever way it's changing. So...look forward to THAT! :P
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4312 on: November 03, 2014, 12:11:26 pm »

From my experience, the older you get the worse it hits you - whichever way it's changing. So...look forward to THAT! :P

Q.
F.
to the
T.
  :-\

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4313 on: November 03, 2014, 12:26:38 pm »
This weekend is my gun forums biggest event of the year... Where we go out to the desert, and have 3 days/2 nights of shooting, camping, hanging out, etc.... They believe anywhere from 100-200 members will be showing up through out the weekend. Ill be out there all 3 days... Maybe do some off-roading when I need a break from shooting.

Some guys are bringing up their belt feds and 50 BMGs..... and you bet your ass ill be dropping by those guys some time during the weekend :D
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4314 on: November 03, 2014, 03:18:43 pm »
@ Any & all of you who are friends with me on PSN:

- Like it or not,

- Want it or not,

you've all been sent (what I thought was) a pretty cute picture from Tears to Tiara 2 that could make for decent wallpaper material; enjoy!

That is all.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4315 on: November 03, 2014, 03:34:45 pm »
I just noticed on my PSN feed that the game

Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mysteria

is currently Free to any PS+ members, should anyone here not know that already and/or feel like playing, trying, or snagging the game...this could be a swell time to do so  ;D

(The more you know)...  ;)

kashell

« Reply #4316 on: November 03, 2014, 04:00:22 pm »
Koudelka is gone?! Wh-why?!

That D&D game is one of the best couch-op titles I ever played. I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoyed games like X-Men, Double Dragon, Bad Dudes, etc.

soera

« Reply #4317 on: November 03, 2014, 04:00:47 pm »
@ Brad, Matt, Scott, exonerator, fox, et al -

Anything planned and/or in the works for Secret Santa's reappearance next month?  8)

I will probably try to do it again this year. Last year was hectic for me but fun. :)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4318 on: November 03, 2014, 04:07:07 pm »
Koudelka is gone?! Wh-why?!

She's not "gone"...just on vacation  - she'll be returning, I promise  ;)

I will probably try to do it again this year. Last year was hectic for me but fun. :)

It *was* pretty fun, wasn't it?

Do you still have your list from last X-Mas Brad?

Just curious if everyone that was involved w/ it is still around & active...I'm sure that, at least, most are  ;D

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4319 on: November 03, 2014, 06:01:47 pm »
One might inquire as to why Miss Iassant has made such a hasty return?

Because...who doesn't love them some k cash?

:P