Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1663371 times)

desocietas

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #6405 on: March 11, 2015, 07:24:48 pm »
... decided to break in & play my 1st Vita game w/ my VitaTV 8)

A little late on this but.. how're you liking the PSTV?

I'm loving it!

For the 1st day or 2 - I kept getting side-tracked by 'playing', experimenting, and finding out what I can & can't do with it.

I've (just) started playing HDN Noire on it and - so far, it's been fluid & flawless.

maximo -

it really completely depends on what kind of games you like.

For myself, playing almost nothing but J/S/RPG's, it's a no-brainer because just about all of them are compatible with it + playing on tv > playing on a small-ass little screen and using (my favorite) controller (a DS3) > > > having to use smaller, handheld-sized buttons ;D

If you're solely into more fast-paced, action-y types of games, if you want more games that require the rear touchscreen/motion controls (although, there is a Vita Tv (I call it what I want:) option/setting to use things like R3, L3, and (I *think) the DS4's face pad as touchscreen/motion 'replacement' controls, and/or if portability is important to you...I'd say that the handheld Vita would be better-suited for you.

Glad you're enjoying it!  I've been watching the progress on this mod:

and thought it was pretty cool for folks who didn't want to use the control setup on their 3DS or 2DS.  This can be done in combination with his capture card (which allows for output to a PC) or alone for use just on the handheld console itself.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6406 on: March 12, 2015, 07:15:52 am »
I love it when you talk techy to me ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #6407 on: March 12, 2015, 08:37:21 am »
After some struggling, I earned the platinum trophy in Muramasa last night. I thought it was going to more difficult than it actually was. Most of the trophies were pretty easy to earn. However, you had to get two trophies by finishing all of the endings on Fury Mode. This level of difficulty only gives you 1 HP for the entire game, so one hit will knock you out. For bosses, this means that you would have to start over. In Kisuke's story, this wasn't too bad. His last boss had two forms, so if you lost on the second form you would have to start from scratch. Momohime's story was worse. Her final boss was the one that made me angry. The actual enemies weren't hard, but the level she had to face them in was. Two words: Falling. Rocks.

All that said, I had a blast. The funny thing is, I had the most fun playing on Fury Mode. The sense of urgency that comes with having 1 HP makes for exciting game play. Thanks to an item called a Whet Stone, you can power through most obstacles by using skills and Quick Draw.

I highly recommend this game to fans of action. Yes, this game comes from Vanilla Ware, so you can already imagine that it looks gorgeous. Also, the music comes from my favorite composer of all time, Hitoshi Sakimoto.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6408 on: March 12, 2015, 11:23:59 am »
'gratz,

kash

;D

kashell

« Reply #6409 on: March 12, 2015, 12:49:04 pm »
Many thanks! As for the next title, I'm going back and forth between a few. Maybe I'll start up HD Noire and join your club.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6410 on: March 12, 2015, 01:22:17 pm »
Was playing gta 5 online last night, and from 9pm-11:30pm we were looking for a 4th man to start up a heist.... Finally around midnight i was ready to go to bed to sleep when a 4th member finally joined... so i said screw it, lets do a heist... i didnt go to bed till 3:30 am lol
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6411 on: March 12, 2015, 02:11:55 pm »
Many thanks! As for the next title, I'm going back and forth between a few. Maybe I'll start up HD Noire and join your club.

Sweet!

About 2 hours into it and - it's really fun, pretty funny, and - I think - that it's definitely something that you'd like  ;D

:o

Hellfire and Damnation!

I'm feeling *extremely* spoiled --and-- like everything's so fun, simple, and easy to just breeze & play right through because, it's been months since I've played a game that had the luxury of a roadmap/walkthrough!  :P

If -n- when you do start up Noire...don't forget to check-out & snag those free DLC's for it  ;)

kashell

« Reply #6412 on: March 12, 2015, 02:19:33 pm »
Will do.

And you're saying there -IS- a roadmap for a pretty precious and purloin-inducing platinum available? Or not yet?

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6413 on: March 12, 2015, 02:28:48 pm »
There is indeed!

A pretty thorough + comprehensive one at that - I've always liked & been impressed by Warbear's guides.

Something that I've been noticing at this trophy site recently, though, is that quite a few games will have an empty/grayed-out field under "Trophy Guide"

*BUT*

if you instead proceed to the game's "Forums" (usually as one of the 1st 5 topics), you'll still find a thread/topic called:

"Roadmap / Walkthrough" for the game that would appear, at first blush, to be w/o a guide.

Since I loves ya'...I'll makes it easy for you  ;D

Simply click-on:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/hyperdevotion-noire-goddess-black-heart/261100-hyperdevotion-noire-goddess-black-heart-trophy-guide-roadmap.html

kashell

« Reply #6414 on: March 12, 2015, 02:34:40 pm »
Great!!

*clicks*

*This Webpage is Blocked Because GAMES ARE EVIL!!*

: D ..... ~_~()

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6415 on: March 12, 2015, 05:20:02 pm »
So with some excel shenanigans and the csv export from here using VGPC I was able to conclude my games currently are worth ~$6,077.48 thats pretty cool to see!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6416 on: March 13, 2015, 09:05:28 am »
So with some excel shenanigans and the csv export from here using VGPC I was able to conclude my games currently are worth ~$6,077.48 thats pretty cool to see!

I would like to see this for mine. I'm just too lazy to do it myself.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6417 on: March 13, 2015, 09:27:32 am »

I would like to see this for mine. I'm just too lazy to do it myself.

I mean I have all the raw VGPC data for every system I own if you wanted to send me a .csv export of your collection? It was cool but with it not auto updating its kinda eh.

EDIT: And really I didn't go super in depth. Maybe at the end of this year I'll do something that anyone can do or something. I also counted CIB games as the average for the loose and new price (which only hits the nail on the head about 75% of the time). So I'd need to find better forumlae for that.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 09:32:35 am by tafk »

kashell

« Reply #6418 on: March 13, 2015, 10:27:55 am »
Since I'm not quite in the mood for a "heavy" RPG, I decided to try something lighter for my next game du jour. The game of choice was Shining Wisdom for the Sega Saturn.

This is a game that I've been eager to play for a while because the screenshots made it look like it'd be something similar to Secret of Mana, a classic Zelda title, Alundra, or even the more modern 3D Dot Game Heroes. Essentially, it looked like a typical top-down, 2D type of action game.

While it is, there are little things about it that aren't jiving with me. At least not yet. First, the walking speed for your hero is slow. Terribly slow. In order to move faster, you need to rapidly hit the Z button and then hold it when you get to top speed. However, if you want to talk to someone or examine something, you need to let go of the button and you'll end up dropping speed. If the normal walking speed was quicker or dashing was done with just one button press, then I'd have no problem with this. But, it ruins the flow of the game. This is especially annoying since monsters move faster than you. Which brings me to the combat. Again, at a glance it looked like simple but effective action. In some ways it is, but in other ways it's tedious.

The Sega Saturn has 6 buttons. Why couldn't they map your sword to one button, your sub-weapon to another button, your items to another button and the dash button to another button? No, instead you need to equip your sword, slash away and then open up the menu and equip a sub-weapon to use it for a puzzle. Then you need to go back and re-equip the sword. It's like...the developers never played an action game in their life. Why would anyone think that was a good idea? In most action games, you ~ALWAYS~ have your sword; but not in this game.

So, yes, there are things that are making me go..."What the?!" but there are other things that are enjoyable. The game has fantastic music, fantastic visuals, and the Working Design translation is in top form as usual. But, can the aesthetics carry the game if I have to put up with the questionable game play mechanics? We'll see...

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6419 on: March 13, 2015, 11:39:33 am »
Since I'm not quite in the mood for a "heavy" RPG, I decided to try something lighter for my next game du jour. The game of choice was Shining Wisdom for the Sega Saturn.

This is a game that I've been eager to play for a while because the screenshots made it look like it'd be something similar to Secret of Mana, a classic Zelda title, Alundra, or even the more modern 3D Dot Game Heroes. Essentially, it looked like a typical top-down, 2D type of action game.

While it is, there are little things about it that aren't jiving with me. At least not yet. First, the walking speed for your hero is slow. Terribly slow. In order to move faster, you need to rapidly hit the Z button and then hold it when you get to top speed. However, if you want to talk to someone or examine something, you need to let go of the button and you'll end up dropping speed. If the normal walking speed was quicker or dashing was done with just one button press, then I'd have no problem with this. But, it ruins the flow of the game. This is especially annoying since monsters move faster than you. Which brings me to the combat. Again, at a glance it looked like simple but effective action. In some ways it is, but in other ways it's tedious.

The Sega Saturn has 6 buttons. Why couldn't they map your sword to one button, your sub-weapon to another button, your items to another button and the dash button to another button? No, instead you need to equip your sword, slash away and then open up the menu and equip a sub-weapon to use it for a puzzle. Then you need to go back and re-equip the sword. It's like...the developers never played an action game in their life. Why would anyone think that was a good idea? In most action games, you ~ALWAYS~ have your sword; but not in this game.

So, yes, there are things that are making me go..."What the?!" but there are other things that are enjoyable. The game has fantastic music, fantastic visuals, and the Working Design translation is in top form as usual. But, can the aesthetics carry the game if I have to put up with the questionable game play mechanics? We'll see...

I feel you on that one.

That's why I *always* find playing retro games (basically, just about everything that's pre-6th generation); to be a bittersweet experience...sweet in their ways yet a bitter pill to swallow in others  :-\

technical question:

How can I take a picture from this pc (in the "pictures" file/section) for example...if I were changing & saving a new picture here for a new avatar = it's one of the click-able options that pops up after clicking on browse; and the only info that I can see for the pic in question is

some shit like "C:\Users\Test\Pictures"

...is there any way (the simpler = the better :-[)

for me to post that specific picture in one of my posts here and/or find out how to, at least, hyperlink directly to it?

I've tried clicking on the the picture, clicking "copy" (it allows that) --but-- when I come back to my post and try to "paste" it, I can't because - the "paste" option is grayed-out & unclick-able  >:(

Seriously now, Wtf, folks?;

tech

AND

all of y'all

tech-savvy

whippersnappers

suck
! :P

I hate you all  :o

but:

I still want your help 8)