Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1532573 times)

desocietas

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #735 on: June 01, 2013, 07:29:11 pm »
I need a new profile pic.  I'm just not feeling Captain N. Any suggestions?
I really want an 8bit pic of me, but I have no idea how to make one. All this majesty can't be captured in so few pixels.

*Edit: How's the Panic Restaurant look?  I'll keep looking.

Is Panic Restaurant what you're currently playing?  I've been switching up my avatar to whatever I've been playing.  I think there are also pixel art avatar generators out there... :)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #736 on: June 01, 2013, 09:11:54 pm »
I've been switching up my avatar to whatever I've been playing. 

Ya I've been doing this too. But if I have more than one game going it's the one I like the most out of the batch.

I wonder if GIF avatars work! That would solve the problem of multiple games! >_>
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #737 on: June 01, 2013, 10:12:55 pm »
I need a new profile pic.  I'm just not feeling Captain N. Any suggestions?
I really want an 8bit pic of me, but I have no idea how to make one. All this majesty can't be captured in so few pixels.

*Edit: How's the Panic Restaurant look?  I'll keep looking.

Is Panic Restaurant what you're currently playing?  I've been switching up my avatar to whatever I've been playing.  I think there are also pixel art avatar generators out there... :)

Panic Restaurant just has some of the craziest cover art I've seen. When I bought it (the first time), I didn't know anything about it other than it made me laugh and it was $4.

I'm playing Assassins Creed III right now, but something that looks like a badass doesn't suit who I am.

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #738 on: June 02, 2013, 12:47:56 am »
My gaming funds have been non-existent this month since I picked up this critter:

It's nice to finally move to digital mixing. This new console gives me an additional 20 channels without the need for a submixer (like the old system had to have) and it eliminates an entire rack full of processing gear. I also picked up the stage box that goes with and have a few more wires to solder to finish integrating it into the amp rack. That gives me 16 inputs and eight outputs up by the stage via a single CAT5 cable versus my old massive copper 8x4 snake. Looking forward to my first major project with the upgraded rig in September.

pacpix

« Reply #739 on: June 02, 2013, 06:08:59 pm »
I've been switching up my avatar to whatever I've been playing. 

Ya I've been doing this too. But if I have more than one game going it's the one I like the most out of the batch.

I wonder if GIF avatars work! That would solve the problem of multiple games! >_>

<----------------------------------------------

Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #740 on: June 02, 2013, 07:00:43 pm »
My gaming funds have been non-existent this month since I picked up this critter:

It's nice to finally move to digital mixing. This new console gives me an additional 20 channels without the need for a submixer (like the old system had to have) and it eliminates an entire rack full of processing gear. I also picked up the stage box that goes with and have a few more wires to solder to finish integrating it into the amp rack. That gives me 16 inputs and eight outputs up by the stage via a single CAT5 cable versus my old massive copper 8x4 snake. Looking forward to my first major project with the upgraded rig in September.
Is that a behringer?  I've only ever used the CHEAP Behringer boards, and I was not enamoured with them. It is really awesome being able to have eq, compression, gate, built in.

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #741 on: June 02, 2013, 07:14:56 pm »
It's their new X32 board. I was really hesitant at first (having already experienced Behringer "quality"), but the Midas-designed preamps and Klark-Teknik effects swayed me. That, coupled with the new repair center in Vegas and the fact that Sweetwater is carrying their gear again.

I've used smaller Behringer boards for interfacing with the intercom systems/IFB stuff and other small, non-critical listening stuff up at work. The only way I'd let those boards be used for on-air stuff is if something died and I had to deploy a quick-fix to keep the show going. This one, though, seems to be a game changer. From my initial testing, the X32 sounds as good as the Yamaha M7CL I use at work (and substantially better than the old Mackie analog desk the M7CL replaced).

« Reply #742 on: June 02, 2013, 07:47:46 pm »
It's their new X32 board. I was really hesitant at first (having already experienced Behringer "quality"), but the Midas-designed preamps and Klark-Teknik effects swayed me. That, coupled with the new repair center in Vegas and the fact that Sweetwater is carrying their gear again.

I've used smaller Behringer boards for interfacing with the intercom systems/IFB stuff and other small, non-critical listening stuff up at work. The only way I'd let those boards be used for on-air stuff is if something died and I had to deploy a quick-fix to keep the show going. This one, though, seems to be a game changer. From my initial testing, the X32 sounds as good as the Yamaha M7CL I use at work (and substantially better than the old Mackie analog desk the M7CL replaced).
Wow!  That's awesome!  Color me surprised.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #743 on: June 03, 2013, 01:54:23 am »
I tried to play Two Worlds today. I have never played a game that was so large and in-depth, yet so terribly bad at the same time.

On a related note, Two Worlds for XBox 360 is now available on my trade list!  ;D

« Reply #744 on: June 03, 2013, 11:07:11 am »
Quick FFT-inspired doodle I'm going to inflict on you all -

scott

« Reply #745 on: June 03, 2013, 12:34:05 pm »
Mm mm rabbit ladies.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #746 on: June 03, 2013, 01:04:10 pm »

brunauss

« Reply #747 on: June 03, 2013, 01:27:32 pm »
Patty Cake anyone?
SWFL Werewolf Gamer

scott

« Reply #748 on: June 03, 2013, 01:41:52 pm »
Patty Cake anyone?

This time, take off the hand buzzer.

foxhack

« Reply #749 on: June 03, 2013, 10:42:33 pm »
So pissed off right now.

I bought a DVD set that I've been hunting down for the past two and a half years - the company that made it went out of business in 2010/11 so it's pretty rare by now - and I found it on eBay, listed in like new condition.

I bought the set, I got it today, and the discs are scratched to hell.

I'm an eBay seller, have been for the past six years, and man, who the hell lists something in this condition in "Like New" shape? This is a store with 210000 feedback, that's who. Bloody idiots... :\
So, the guy took a return, refunded my money, and I left him a neutral.

He then relisted the item in "Very Good" condition on eBay and Amazon.

And he had the gall to ask me to revise my feedback! I told him in polite words that after listing the item in very good shape, when it wasn't, then doing it AGAIN, I wouldn't change my feedback. I almost wrote "You should be grateful I didn't leave a neg", but that would've made eBay side with him because they're idiots.