Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1647704 times)

kashell

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #7875 on: August 18, 2015, 08:31:05 am »
Project X Zone is chaotic fun. I'm so glad that we are getting the sequel. If you get the chance, I recommend checking out Namco X Capcom. It might be lacking in story, but the huge roster of characters and fun combat make up for it.

Yeah, I can especially tell there are a lot of callbacks in Project X Zone to Namco X Capcom. Like when Jin says he has been to Arthur's world before.

As far as I can tell its only been released on Japanese PS2 though? So wouldn't it be impossible for me to play/read the japanese?

It is, but there is a translation patch for it.

karyann

« Reply #7876 on: August 18, 2015, 12:01:02 pm »
Gawd help me, the boyfriend managed to talk me into playing Magic the Gathering:TCG with him.  I swear I played it when I was young, when it was first released (along with the Pokemon: TCG!), but I don't recall any of it really... or I never understood everything back then, ha.

It's actually pretty fun, so I thought I'd try out his various MTG steam games.  We'll see where this ends up... if anything, I'm staunchly against the idea of paying money for DLC/digital booster packs/whatever usually, so I'm curious what I can get out of the base video games from just playing.

Welp, good luck! I hope you're able to save your wallet  :-X

telly

« Reply #7877 on: August 18, 2015, 12:17:07 pm »
Gawd help me, the boyfriend managed to talk me into playing Magic the Gathering:TCG with him.  I swear I played it when I was young, when it was first released (along with the Pokemon: TCG!), but I don't recall any of it really... or I never understood everything back then, ha.

It's actually pretty fun, so I thought I'd try out his various MTG steam games.  We'll see where this ends up... if anything, I'm staunchly against the idea of paying money for DLC/digital booster packs/whatever usually, so I'm curious what I can get out of the base video games from just playing.

Ugh, the cost of playing for trading card games is such a bummer for me. It sucks to have to spend X amount of money just to continue playing the game; I think MTG is also one of the more expensive games to get into if you want to play competitively if I'm not mistaken. I think the Pokemon TCG isn't nearly as bad as MTG or Yu-gi-oh!, but still..  :-\
Currently Playing:
Persona 4 Golden (Switch), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)

My music collection | My Backloggery

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7878 on: August 18, 2015, 02:06:46 pm »
Project X Zone is chaotic fun. I'm so glad that we are getting the sequel. If you get the chance, I recommend checking out Namco X Capcom. It might be lacking in story, but the huge roster of characters and fun combat make up for it.

Yeah, I can especially tell there are a lot of callbacks in Project X Zone to Namco X Capcom. Like when Jin says he has been to Arthur's world before.

As far as I can tell its only been released on Japanese PS2 though? So wouldn't it be impossible for me to play/read the japanese?

It is, but there is a translation patch for it.

Can you patch PS2 games to play on hardware?

kashell

« Reply #7879 on: August 18, 2015, 02:13:15 pm »
Absolutely. That's how I play my copy. I'll see if I can find you what I did/used/etc.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7880 on: August 18, 2015, 02:53:39 pm »
Absolutely. That's how I play my copy. I'll see if I can find you what I did/used/etc.

That would be greatly appreciated! I'd much rather have an actual copy than go the emulator route!

90snostalga

« Reply #7881 on: August 18, 2015, 02:58:06 pm »
So I'm currently setting up my new place slowly but surely and I'm doing my game room and I want some ideas from the vgcollect community.  Where is a good place to set up handhelds and my virtual boy???  An idea of how I can place my virtual boy to have at all times so it will be ready for me anytime I want to play it, along with my handhelds???? Thanks for any ideas

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7882 on: August 18, 2015, 03:01:42 pm »
So I'm currently setting up my new place slowly but surely and I'm doing my game room and I want some ideas from the vgcollect community.  Where is a good place to set up handhelds and my virtual boy???  An idea of how I can place my virtual boy to have at all times so it will be ready for me anytime I want to play it, along with my handhelds???? Thanks for any ideas

This is what I currently have my PSP on. I have tested this stand and it holds every handheld I own (even the Game Gear, the biggest one I own). Its a little expensive for just a stand but definitely worth it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GVA3BS6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00

90snostalga

« Reply #7883 on: August 18, 2015, 03:06:13 pm »

This is what I currently have my PSP on. I have tested this stand and it holds every handheld I own (even the Game Gear, the biggest one I own). Its a little expensive for just a stand but definitely worth it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GVA3BS6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00

Thanks for that link. That looks like something I should get for all them. Thanks man :)

abe

« Reply #7884 on: August 18, 2015, 06:02:26 pm »
The demo for Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX is out today on the 3DS eShop. The game is a lot of fun, but playing with ABXY is super hard to get used to. The note for the X button is blue, which really messes with me and I end up pressing the B button instead all the time. The note for Y is green, which is not as much of an issue yet I still accidentally end up pressing X instead. :-[ It's super confusing and it's going to take me a while to get used to after playing IA/VT Colorful and Project DIVA f so much lately. Anyone here who has played games in the Project DIVA series should understand the troubles I'm having.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

desocietas

« Reply #7885 on: August 18, 2015, 08:42:19 pm »

Ugh, the cost of playing for trading card games is such a bummer for me. It sucks to have to spend X amount of money just to continue playing the game; I think MTG is also one of the more expensive games to get into if you want to play competitively if I'm not mistaken. I think the Pokemon TCG isn't nearly as bad as MTG or Yu-gi-oh!, but still..  :-\

The bf dropped $100 at a TCG shop yesterday -___-  I'm not gonna tell him what to do with his money, but I did tell him that I'm not spending money right now on that game and that it'd be all on him if he wants to feed his addiction, ha.  If anything, I feel like I'm enabling him by even playing with him :P  Thankfully there are the Steam versions to play if I need a fix and he's not around.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #7886 on: August 18, 2015, 09:33:57 pm »
If anyone is in the market for a new 3DS, Kmart is blowing them out at 100 bucks and some retailers will price match.

maximo310

« Reply #7887 on: August 18, 2015, 09:49:41 pm »
If anyone is in the market for a new 3DS, Kmart is blowing them out at 100 bucks and some retailers will price match.
Tried to do that several days ago, and no one would honor/ price match the physical ad in my area. Apparently its supposed to be a price error on kmarts watch and I think they've corrected their prices since then.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7888 on: August 18, 2015, 10:02:54 pm »
Build my gaming shelf today, will post picture today or weds
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

kashell

« Reply #7889 on: August 19, 2015, 08:14:12 am »
Damn, I completely forgot about the Hatsune Miku game coming for the 3DS. I'll have to check out that demo.