Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1530286 times)

telly

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #7980 on: August 26, 2015, 10:28:23 am »
I wonder if you drink it your voice will become Shaq's, and you can't say anything but endorsements for Gold Bond foot lotion whenever you try to talk.

Kinda like in those Allstate commercials haha
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7981 on: August 26, 2015, 02:11:09 pm »
Something someone posted on Facebook as a pointer to others. Thought it might be useful here:

Well I think some of you might find this helpful. We all probably have had this happen to us at some time or another. The gaming items that may be high end but its also a big "does it work okay". Here are my experiences post yours is you like. A phillips cdi is extremely high risk its a fair bet that more than half of all used ones will have issues. A turbographix express no matter what condition someone ses its in may very well need new capacitors which are like 70$. Gamecube discs have the highest "breakage" rate of any discs due to their size. A mark the same size that may have no effect on a ps2 may make a gmcb game unplayable. Its a pretty much a good idea to test all sony and microsoft consoles. Literally in general half of the psp 1001's have disc reading issues lesser in the 2001 and even less in the 3000 series. Ps2 ps1 consoles most will play games but almost half will have issues playing dvd movies or blue coated ps2 discs. The most problem plagued nintendo console is actually the snes while I find the breakage issue to be less than old ps2's. Generally its worth a second look if its an older model one (the one where theres a plastic tab that holds the game in.

kashell

« Reply #7982 on: August 26, 2015, 02:35:34 pm »
Could...someone please translate? ^^()

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7983 on: August 26, 2015, 03:04:07 pm »

serious-lah...

...can i get a

"TL;DR" =
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7984 on: August 26, 2015, 03:41:34 pm »

serious-lah...

...can i get a

"TL;DR" =

Know the risk of the problems you might encounter when buying used electronics... maybe?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7985 on: August 26, 2015, 03:42:47 pm »
 ??? The punctuation my not be perfect, but I found it perfectly readable, still. Obviously posted from a phone.

tpugmire

« Reply #7986 on: August 26, 2015, 04:17:07 pm »
I just want to know where the author is buying capacitors, $70 is insane for a cap kit.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

foxhack

« Reply #7987 on: August 26, 2015, 04:18:41 pm »
Well I think some of you might find this helpful. We all probably have had this happen to us at some time or another.

The gaming items that may be high end but its also a big "does it work okay". Here are my experiences post yours is you like.
  • A phillips cdi is extremely high risk its a fair bet that more than half of all used ones will have issues.
  • A turbographix express no matter what condition someone ses its in may very well need new capacitors which are like 70$.
  • Gamecube discs have the highest "breakage" rate of any discs due to their size.
  • A mark the same size that may have no effect on a ps2 may make a gmcb game unplayable.
  • Its a pretty much a good idea to test all sony and microsoft consoles.
  • Literally in general half of the psp 1001's have disc reading issues lesser in the 2001 and even less in the 3000 series.
  • Ps2 ps1 consoles most will play games but almost half will have issues playing dvd movies or blue coated ps2 discs.
  • The most problem plagued nintendo console is actually the snes while I find the breakage issue to be less than old ps2's. Generally its worth a second look if its an older model one (the one where theres a plastic tab that holds the game in.

Better?

kashell

« Reply #7988 on: August 26, 2015, 04:41:47 pm »
Sort of. Kind of. Not really.

Although I will say that the bullet points make it more...tolerable?

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7989 on: August 26, 2015, 04:46:45 pm »
Sort of. Kind of. Not really.

Although I will say that the bullet points make it more...tolerable?

I understood it all... what do you want to know?

90snostalga

« Reply #7990 on: August 26, 2015, 04:54:31 pm »
I am loving that Star Wars Darth Vader PS4 limited edition bundle coming out in November!  8)  I think this will make me get a ps4 system

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7991 on: August 26, 2015, 06:33:16 pm »
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3358541/castlevania-iii-receive-super-violent-animated-series/
 ??? ??? ??? Sounds way better than an Violence and Erotic pachinko machine.

foxhack

« Reply #7992 on: August 26, 2015, 06:50:10 pm »

I won't watch it unless this guy is in it.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7993 on: August 26, 2015, 06:51:18 pm »

I won't watch it unless this guy is in it.
so you want them to replace Trevor with Simon  ???

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7994 on: August 26, 2015, 11:39:20 pm »
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3358541/castlevania-iii-receive-super-violent-animated-series/
 ??? ??? ??? Sounds way better than an Violence and Erotic pachinko machine.

That sounds badass. Go straight to Netflix?