Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1598401 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #9600 on: February 17, 2016, 04:38:49 pm »
I hate the wand on the Wii, too. The best games on the system are usually the ones that actually let you use the wand as a normal controller, on it's side.

One thing the wand does work well for, though, is light-gun games.

rayne315

« Reply #9601 on: February 17, 2016, 04:58:36 pm »
Anyone see Straight Outta' Compton?

It's much better than I was expecting it to be!

Disclaimer:

I liked 8 Mile too  8)

Naw, and i live a couple miles from Compton too, I know, Iam a terrible Californian ;)

Also, my dad wasreleased  from the ER late last night andis home

Good to hear fighterpilot

I have a Very good question that started to bug me when I thought about it to much. How is it that digital copies can be the same price as physical games or better yet how does a digital only game get its valuation/price tag. strictly from a Supply and demand aspect, when you think about it, A digital item has an infinite supply because you can always always just make another copy. so logically digital games should be incredibly cheap.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 05:05:37 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #9602 on: February 18, 2016, 08:01:18 am »
I love the few games I bought my Wii U for. And the hardware itself is great.

But as a Wii U owner, I'm really feeling bittersweet about knowing it's pretty much done (save for Zelda and StarFox), and the games I own on it are in the single-digits.

It feels like the Neo Geo Pocket Color all over again. Such fantastic hardware for the time, that no one appreciated and no third-party companies supported.

That's a pretty accurate description of my own feelings on the Wii U.  While it's not on-par with the power of the PS4 and Xbox One, it's a great little system with some solid graphics and a handful or two of really great games.  I also love taking the controller into bed and continuing my game away from the television. 

The biggest hurdles that Nintendo couldn't get over were the name of the system which just confused consumers and launching a last-gen power-wise system just before the new generation consoles came out.  So we ended up with ports of last gen games for higher than their current market value such as Batman Arkham City for $60 when the PS3 and 360 versions were down to $30.  Same went for just about every game like Need For Speed, Call of Duty and all of the other 3rd party titles.

And when it comes to playing multiplayer, never underestimate the stupid stuff kids will argue over.  For example, why does GF78 get to use the big controller and I don't?!  It was a fight every stinkin' time we went to play.  And I'll be damned if I was gonna use a waggle-wand instead of the big pretty controller!   8)

Cracks me up every time I see the term waggle wand. btw I fixed your statement :D

My GF and myself have 4 games total. and I feel like It was worth the money for the system. about to be 5 btw. we have Splatoon, super Mario wii U, Yoshi's wholly world, and Hyrule warriors. I'm about to pick up super Mario maker.
I have 26 Wii U games, not including digital, and I love almost all of them, you know, except the few bargain bin games I bought for some reason.

gf78

« Reply #9603 on: February 18, 2016, 08:51:35 am »
Anyone see Straight Outta' Compton?

It's much better than I was expecting it to be!

Disclaimer:

I liked 8 Mile too  8)

Naw, and i live a couple miles from Compton too, I know, Iam a terrible Californian ;)

Also, my dad wasreleased  from the ER late last night andis home

Fantastic news my friend!
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

gf78

« Reply #9604 on: February 18, 2016, 09:16:13 am »
I hate the wand on the Wii, too. The best games on the system are usually the ones that actually let you use the wand as a normal controller, on it's side.

One thing the wand does work well for, though, is light-gun games.

Agreed.  Stuff like New Super Mario Bros and Donkey Kong Country Returns work great just turning it sideways.  Except having to shake the damn thing to do the hand slam.   >:(

The waggle wand coupled with the Wii Zapper worked good for on-rails shooters for sure.  But shooters like that are a niche product for the most part.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9605 on: February 18, 2016, 12:46:38 pm »
I might have exaggerated a little with the single-digit games, turns out I actually have 11 games on the Wii U all-together.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9606 on: February 18, 2016, 01:04:58 pm »
Might go see Deadpool tonight, if my buddy can get a baby sitter.  ;D
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

rayne315

« Reply #9607 on: February 18, 2016, 01:15:13 pm »
........ Apparently My GF went out to her parents storage unit and found a boxed ZONE 60, never been out of the box........ I NEED to know. whats better for this console. throwing it away or burning it? or should I go out and get a priest to exercise it?

I have no doubt that although it is in mint condition the console inside does not work. (what something like 30% of these did not work out of box they are so cheap) (alright the 30% is a lie all I know is any information I find on proper reviews say they had to return it because their first one did not work)

« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 01:22:48 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

soera

« Reply #9608 on: February 18, 2016, 05:12:56 pm »
System looks pretty interesting. I cant imagine the games are great ... or even playable honestly. Take it to a pawn store. They may buy it.

abe

« Reply #9609 on: February 19, 2016, 07:11:48 pm »
Anyone else here have trouble with the battery in their original model 3DS? Mine seems like it barely lasts 2 hours before I need to charge it again. :(
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

davifus

« Reply #9610 on: February 19, 2016, 07:23:42 pm »
Anyone else here have trouble with the battery in their original model 3DS? Mine seems like it barely lasts 2 hours before I need to charge it again. :(

Mine doesn't die too fast. I'd say like 4-5 hours heavy use and 7 for occasional use.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

desocietas

« Reply #9611 on: February 19, 2016, 07:35:58 pm »

Mine doesn't die too fast. I'd say like 4-5 hours heavy use and 7 for occasional use.

Hm, I haven't used mine since I got my N3DSXL, but it was doing alright when I last used it... :/
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

abe

« Reply #9612 on: February 19, 2016, 07:59:38 pm »
Might have to buy a new battery. :'( I want to get one of the large 5000 mAh batteries, but then I won't be able to use the circle pad pro with it. :(
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

Warmsignal

« Reply #9613 on: February 20, 2016, 12:00:52 am »
I hate when it feels like so much crap is just going wrong all at once, and you think how am I going to unbury myself from all of this? Got so much stuff I need to do, and I just don't want to do any of it but it's all I think about. I don't manage stress very well. I have anxiety problems as it is. I'm worried about my standstill on throwing out all of the clutter I've pilled around everywhere, now I'm trying to figure out how to get my car fixed and worried that it's probably worse than I think, while worrying about my grandma who's a nursing home after breaking her hip last week and she has Alzheimers, and worrying about financial problems, etc. It's just worry, worry, worry all the time.  :-\

I can't even think about playing games right now when it piles up like this.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9614 on: February 20, 2016, 12:22:07 pm »
I hate when it feels like so much crap is just going wrong all at once, and you think how am I going to unbury myself from all of this? Got so much stuff I need to do, and I just don't want to do any of it but it's all I think about. I don't manage stress very well. I have anxiety problems as it is. I'm worried about my standstill on throwing out all of the clutter I've pilled around everywhere, now I'm trying to figure out how to get my car fixed and worried that it's probably worse than I think, while worrying about my grandma who's a nursing home after breaking her hip last week and she has Alzheimers, and worrying about financial problems, etc. It's just worry, worry, worry all the time.  :-\

I can't even think about playing games right now when it piles up like this.

Keep your head up and stay strong buddy, things will get better, just gotta get through the rough patch. We've all been there, we are here for you and if your ever having a really bad day, feel free to pm me and rant away

VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730