Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1600721 times)

Warmsignal

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #9585 on: February 16, 2016, 01:03:05 pm »

The former would be my guess, which sucks. And let me guess, no one in this garage is taking responsibility.

Nope, they all acted like it was a complete mystery. I'm thinking of maybe contacting the store manager, and asking him if there are security cameras rolling inside of the garage. If he says yes, I'll ask to see the footage of when my car was taken in. If that footage is mysteriously "missing", I'll know they're lying. However, the only evidence in their favor is that there was debris from the smashed parts under the car where I found it. So it looked like it happened there.

call the police and make a statement then tell them you are getting a lawyer if they do not make it right. either way it happened on their watch meaning it was their fault for either 1. covering up an employee smashing your vehicle or 2. not providing adequate security coverage to the grounds to prove they were not at fault, regardless they have the liability on them not on you.

So the Sears rep called me and said they're not assuming responsibility, of course. So, I'm wondering about the legality of operating such a business like this garage where there is no security cameras on the site. How would you find out if they were required to? The guy claims there is no security footage, even inside of the garage suggesting there is no camera in there. Which sounds absurd. Every business I've been to before like this has cameras rolling. If they have nothing, then anything could happen and there would be no way to prove it one way or the other. The guy tried to act like "we're not sure why some businesses have security or why they don't". That's BS. You're a rep for Sears. Don't play stupid about security measures. You have cameras inside of the store, you have them at the appliance loading dock. You have none in your garage where your employees are dealing with the property of customers all day long?  :o

« Reply #9586 on: February 16, 2016, 01:14:26 pm »

The former would be my guess, which sucks. And let me guess, no one in this garage is taking responsibility.

Nope, they all acted like it was a complete mystery. I'm thinking of maybe contacting the store manager, and asking him if there are security cameras rolling inside of the garage. If he says yes, I'll ask to see the footage of when my car was taken in. If that footage is mysteriously "missing", I'll know they're lying. However, the only evidence in their favor is that there was debris from the smashed parts under the car where I found it. So it looked like it happened there.

call the police and make a statement then tell them you are getting a lawyer if they do not make it right. either way it happened on their watch meaning it was their fault for either 1. covering up an employee smashing your vehicle or 2. not providing adequate security coverage to the grounds to prove they were not at fault, regardless they have the liability on them not on you.

So the Sears rep called me and said they're not assuming responsibility, of course. So, I'm wondering about the legality of operating such a business like this garage where there is no security cameras on the site. How would you find out if they were required to? The guy claims there is no security footage, even inside of the garage suggesting there is no camera in there. Which sounds absurd. Every business I've been to before like this has cameras rolling. If they have nothing, then anything could happen and there would be no way to prove it one way or the other. The guy tried to act like "we're not sure why some businesses have security or why they don't". That's BS. You're a rep for Sears. Don't play stupid about security measures. You have cameras inside of the store, you have them at the appliance loading dock. You have none in your garage where your employees are dealing with the property of customers all day long?  :o
They do that stuff so they dont have to get involved.  Same reason most parking lots dont have cameras.

Most of the time it is difficult to file a police report too when it is on commercial property.

gf78

« Reply #9587 on: February 16, 2016, 01:18:24 pm »

It's pretty simple:  Call a lawyer.  They all give a free first-time consultation.  See what they have to say.  Did you file a police report and take pictures?  If it's on their property, regardless of what they try to say I'm pretty sure they are liable for the damages.  When they learn you got a lawyer, their collective asses will pucker.

It's inconceivable that they have no cameras in their garage and/or facing their parking lot.  It's a liability issue for the exact reason that people can claim their property was damaged or they were injured.  I'm calling complete bullshit on "no cameras." 

When you talk to/look for a lawyer, make sure to pick one who doesn't collect any fees unless you win and they get a percentage of the winnings.  Whatever you do, don't just roll over and take it.   >:(
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

rayne315

« Reply #9588 on: February 16, 2016, 01:29:34 pm »

It's pretty simple:  Call a lawyer.  They all give a free first-time consultation.  See what they have to say.  Did you file a police report and take pictures?  If it's on their property, regardless of what they try to say I'm pretty sure they are liable for the damages.  When they learn you got a lawyer, their collective asses will pucker.

It's inconceivable that they have no cameras in their garage and/or facing their parking lot.  It's a liability issue for the exact reason that people can claim their property was damaged or they were injured.  I'm calling complete bullshit on "no cameras." 

When you talk to/look for a lawyer, make sure to pick one who doesn't collect any fees unless you win and they get a percentage of the winnings.  Whatever you do, don't just roll over and take it.   >:(

Here is the thing under normal SHOPPING circumstances it is completely your liability parking in their parking lot. but under this instance (them taking and fixing/moving your car) it is under their liability because they were the ones who moved it and potentially smashed it in the garage or moved it into an area where it happened. it would have been your liability if they would have called you up and asked you to move the car out of their shop.

To bad you don't live close to me I have an uncle that deals with these kind of things that I could have referred you to.

Also since it was technically their liability then they are the ones that have to prove it wasn't their fault. all you would have to prove is that when you dropped it off their it wasn't smashed.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 01:35:29 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9589 on: February 16, 2016, 02:01:39 pm »
Someone...

Better Call Saul   8)

Also, is Darko gone too?

"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9590 on: February 16, 2016, 02:03:38 pm »

Here is the thing under normal SHOPPING circumstances it is completely your liability parking in their parking lot. but under this instance (them taking and fixing/moving your car) it is under their liability because they were the ones who moved it and potentially smashed it in the garage or moved it into an area where it happened. it would have been your liability if they would have called you up and asked you to move the car out of their shop.

To bad you don't live close to me I have an uncle that deals with these kind of things that I could have referred you to.

Also since it was technically their liability then they are the ones that have to prove it wasn't their fault. all you would have to prove is that when you dropped it off their it wasn't smashed.

Call your insurance company.  They do whatever they can to see that they don't pay.  They have plenty of lawyers.  Just make a statement. 

Also, is Darko gone too?

He pops in every now and then.  He comes and goes.

In my world, I have an auditor sharing a desk with me.  It's really cramping my VGC checking.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9591 on: February 16, 2016, 03:59:04 pm »
Slow time for new releases, huh?

rayne315

« Reply #9592 on: February 16, 2016, 04:28:46 pm »

Its not slow time for new releases its, fast time for backlog.

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9593 on: February 16, 2016, 04:53:44 pm »

Its not slow time for new releases its, fast time for backlog.

And the glass is half full!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9594 on: February 16, 2016, 04:57:48 pm »
I love the few games I bought my Wii U for. And the hardware itself is great.

But as a Wii U owner, I'm really feeling bittersweet about knowing it's pretty much done (save for Zelda and StarFox), and the games I own on it are in the single-digits.

It feels like the Neo Geo Pocket Color all over again. Such fantastic hardware for the time, that no one appreciated and no third-party companies supported.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 07:32:33 pm by burningdoom »

kashell

« Reply #9595 on: February 16, 2016, 06:25:24 pm »
Project X Zone 2 was released today and it's chaotically fantastic, as expected.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9596 on: February 17, 2016, 01:48:50 pm »
Anyone see Straight Outta' Compton?

It's much better than I was expecting it to be!

Disclaimer:

I liked 8 Mile too  8)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

gf78

« Reply #9597 on: February 17, 2016, 02:19:35 pm »

But as a Wii U owner, I'm really feeling bittersweet about knowing it's pretty much done (save for Zelda and StarFox), and the games I own on it are in the single-digits.

It feels like the Neo Geo Pocket Color all over again. Such fantastic hardware for the time, that no one appreciated and no third-party companies supported.

That's a pretty accurate description of my own feelings on the Wii U.  While it's not on-par with the power of the PS4 and Xbox One, it's a great little system with some solid graphics and a handful or two of really great games.  I also love taking the controller into bed and continuing my game away from the television. 

The biggest hurdles that Nintendo couldn't get over were the name of the system which just confused consumers and launching a last-gen power-wise system just before the new generation consoles came out.  So we ended up with ports of last gen games for higher than their current market value such as Batman Arkham City for $60 when the PS3 and 360 versions were down to $30.  Same went for just about every game like Need For Speed, Call of Duty and all of the other 3rd party titles.

And when it comes to playing multiplayer, never underestimate the stupid stuff kids will argue over.  For example, why does (insert name) get to use the big controller and I don't?!  It was a fight every stinkin' time we went to play.  And I'll be damned if I was gonna use a waggle-wand instead of the big pretty controller!   8)
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

rayne315

« Reply #9598 on: February 17, 2016, 02:50:50 pm »

That's a pretty accurate description of my own feelings on the Wii U.  While it's not on-par with the power of the PS4 and Xbox One, it's a great little system with some solid graphics and a handful or two of really great games.  I also love taking the controller into bed and continuing my game away from the television. 

The biggest hurdles that Nintendo couldn't get over were the name of the system which just confused consumers and launching a last-gen power-wise system just before the new generation consoles came out.  So we ended up with ports of last gen games for higher than their current market value such as Batman Arkham City for $60 when the PS3 and 360 versions were down to $30.  Same went for just about every game like Need For Speed, Call of Duty and all of the other 3rd party titles.

And when it comes to playing multiplayer, never underestimate the stupid stuff kids will argue over.  For example, why does GF78 get to use the big controller and I don't?!  It was a fight every stinkin' time we went to play.  And I'll be damned if I was gonna use a waggle-wand instead of the big pretty controller!   8)

Cracks me up every time I see the term waggle wand. btw I fixed your statement :D

My GF and myself have 4 games total. and I feel like It was worth the money for the system. about to be 5 btw. we have Splatoon, super Mario wii U, Yoshi's wholly world, and Hyrule warriors. I'm about to pick up super Mario maker.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 02:54:34 pm by rayne315 »

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9599 on: February 17, 2016, 04:35:25 pm »
Anyone see Straight Outta' Compton?

It's much better than I was expecting it to be!

Disclaimer:

I liked 8 Mile too  8)

Naw, and i live a couple miles from Compton too, I know, Iam a terrible Californian ;)

Also, my dad wasreleased  from the ER late last night andis home
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730