Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1596597 times)

kashell

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #9750 on: March 01, 2016, 03:26:44 pm »
If it's anything like comics, then I'd imagine that having a page ripped out would drop the value of it SIGNIFICANTLY. So if that's why, I wouldn't worry too much about it. But it is cool just to have a book that old to have as a conversation piece.

It could still have significant value depending as with everything on rarity, condition, reprint, etc.  Just look at a copy of Action Comics #1 without a cover.  A lot less value than a complete copy, but you are still talking thousands of dollars.

Well yeah, but that's because it's Action Comics #1, though. That's like having a damaged copy of Earthbound.

I think what gf78 is saying is that this book could still be worth something despite having some damage.

desocietas

« Reply #9751 on: March 01, 2016, 03:28:10 pm »
If it's anything like comics, then I'd imagine that having a page ripped out would drop the value of it SIGNIFICANTLY. So if that's why, I wouldn't worry too much about it. But it is cool just to have a book that old to have as a conversation piece.

It could still have significant value depending as with everything on rarity, condition, reprint, etc.  Just look at a copy of Action Comics #1 without a cover.  A lot less value than a complete copy, but you are still talking thousands of dollars.

Well yeah, but that's because it's Action Comics #1, though. That's like having a damaged copy of Earthbound.

I think what gf78 is saying is that this book could still be worth something despite having some damage.

Also, I think the OP just wanted more information on the edition they have, not necessarily worrying about the worth.  I wasn't able to locate any information about advance copies of Jekyll and Hyde... Hopefully something will come up eventually. Otherwise, an antiquarian or book dealer would be of better help.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9752 on: March 01, 2016, 03:39:05 pm »
I know what he was saying. But I was saying that Action Comics #1 is a unique case. That is the holy grail of comic collecting. So having a piece of that book, in particular, is gonna be worth a lot more than you average example. Most comics are going to be worthless after a page is ripped out.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9753 on: March 01, 2016, 03:45:11 pm »
Is the XBox One known for having a slower internet connection, or for being bad with streaming video?

I ask because I can see a noticeable different between using my XBox One and my Wii U for Hulu or WWE Network. XBox One will lag or freeze-up sometimes when watching on there, while the Wii U rarely if ever has issues.

Anyone else?

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9754 on: March 01, 2016, 06:34:51 pm »
Damn.

Still no luck with my streaming.

I click on "install latest version of flash player" and get "adobe can't run on this system".

Any tips?

I don't have any problems streaming Netflix on the PS4...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9755 on: March 02, 2016, 08:53:10 am »
What's the difference between Fate Stay Night and Fate Unlimited Blade Works?

If I've seen and liked the 1st, any point in watching the 2nd?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

gf78

« Reply #9756 on: March 02, 2016, 11:35:43 am »

Yes...and we are talking about a popular book over 100, probably over 120 years old. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

gf78

« Reply #9757 on: March 02, 2016, 11:37:37 am »
Is the XBox One known for having a slower internet connection, or for being bad with streaming video?

I ask because I can see a noticeable different between using my XBox One and my Wii U for Hulu or WWE Network. XBox One will lag or freeze-up sometimes when watching on there, while the Wii U rarely if ever has issues.

Anyone else?

Xbox One has more issues because it sucks.  PS4 doesn't have these problems and has better multiplatform and exclusive games to boot.   ;D
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

gf78

« Reply #9758 on: March 02, 2016, 11:40:08 am »
Damn.

Still no luck with my streaming.

I click on "install latest version of flash player" and get "adobe can't run on this system".

Any tips?

I don't have any problems streaming Netflix on the PS4...

Netflix, Hulu, Crackle, etc. were programmed to work with the PS4.  Unfortunately, Adobe Flash Player won't install and/or run properly on the system. 

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9759 on: March 02, 2016, 12:17:13 pm »
Ugh i swear I have some GBA, GBC and a gameboy color game shark around here and I just cant find it.  i know for a fact i never sold them, but for the life of me, cant find them here.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

rayne315

« Reply #9760 on: March 02, 2016, 01:08:17 pm »

Also, I think the OP just wanted more information on the edition they have, not necessarily worrying about the worth.  I wasn't able to locate any information about advance copies of Jekyll and Hyde... Hopefully something will come up eventually. Otherwise, an antiquarian or book dealer would be of better help.

So I LITTERALLY searched through something like 2000 different editions looking for one that matched my book and could not find anything... this is really starting to interest me.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

Flashback2012

« Reply #9761 on: March 02, 2016, 01:15:55 pm »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9762 on: March 02, 2016, 02:48:12 pm »

gf78

« Reply #9763 on: March 02, 2016, 02:59:39 pm »
For gf78  ;D

https://www.humblebundle.com/star-wars

Holy Sassafras!  What a deal!

Arggghhhh!  Damn link won't work here on my work computer!   !@$^&&%#@^%&   >:(

desocietas

« Reply #9764 on: March 02, 2016, 03:07:57 pm »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas