Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1594512 times)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #9840 on: March 08, 2016, 06:51:03 pm »
Tales fans -

Think that any of the games might be playable 1-handed?

Don't believe so combat is fairly fast paced and though I never tried it,  i believe you can set it so combat is full auto and just manage items, spacing, and control when characters can use artes don't quote me though I'll check later.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9841 on: March 08, 2016, 06:55:51 pm »
Tales fans -

Don't believe so combat is fairly fast paced and though I never tried it,  i believe you can set it so combat is full auto and just manage items, spacing, and control when characters can use artes don't quote me though I'll check later.

Thanks you violence-loving bastard!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9842 on: March 08, 2016, 07:35:56 pm »
You can totally set combat to full auto. I am not 100% sure but I do think you can remap controls for GCN Tales of Symphonia and semi-auto I bet you could pull it off D-Bro!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9843 on: March 08, 2016, 08:05:03 pm »
You can totally set combat to full auto. I am not 100% sure but I do think you can remap controls for GCN Tales of Symphonia and semi-auto I bet you could pull it off D-Bro!

Thankies, T-Bro!

soera

« Reply #9844 on: March 08, 2016, 11:13:09 pm »
The Soera is amazing!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9845 on: March 09, 2016, 06:42:01 am »
The Soera is amazing!

Okay.

Beware the amazing Soera!

Better?

kashell

« Reply #9846 on: March 09, 2016, 08:14:23 am »
I would say yes, as long as you don't mind being in charge of only items and/or healing. Most Tales games starting with Symphonia will let you set all of the characters to auto, but you'll still need to make sure they stay healthy, defend when they should, etc. Tales of Symphonia and Tales of the Abyss have "healer class" characters, so you could always take a swing at controlling those. You don't get Raine (ToS) until about two to three hours into the game. Tear (TotA) joins you immediately.

Or, you could take control of the magic wielding characters like Genis (ToS) or Jade (TotA). I keep going back to those two games because they had characters that were in set roles. Tales of Legendia was the same way, but that's one of my least favorite titles in the series. I think around Tales of Graces is when characters became more multi-faceted. Like, Cheria in ToG has healing magic, but she also has a ton of useful attack skills that need to be used as much as her healing.

Hmm...I'm rambling. Let me ask you: any game in particular you're looking at? For what it's worth, I think you could manage since you were able to finish (with 100% completion) Ar tonelico Qoga.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9847 on: March 09, 2016, 08:47:13 am »
I actually had Graces F in mind, kash.

kashell

« Reply #9848 on: March 09, 2016, 08:51:09 am »
Tales of Graces is wonderful.

I never tried it with one hand. I have a few files in the game with all of the combat options unlocked, so I can give it a go this evening. It'll be a good break from Project X Zone 2. I'm guessing certain characters like Malik or Pascal will be more one-hand friendly.

rayne315

« Reply #9849 on: March 09, 2016, 07:39:42 pm »
Tales fans -

I need to send you a link that you might enjoy, or post it on here after I get off work.

Cool.

I was just reading how a blind gamer beat Ocarina of Time.  Rock on!

Finally I found the video!!! You now have no excuses not to play hard games!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESnWQ69TYdM

Btw I Love AGDQ!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 07:43:04 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

kashell

« Reply #9850 on: March 10, 2016, 08:06:55 am »
Minor update:

I tried to one-hand Tales of Graces, but it was a struggle. I selected the easiest difficulty setting and things were easier because the rest of my party wrecked the enemies quicker than I could get to one of them. So, if you want to experience ToG, maybe try lowering the difficulty level?

In gaming news, I decided pop in Resonance of Fate again since the cast is back in the Project X Zone 2. Good lord, that game has a steep learning curve. I can't believe I clocked in 70 hours in that when I first played it and didn't go crazy.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9851 on: March 10, 2016, 08:34:41 am »
Thanks Kash.

What's RoF like - iirc, it's got a hard platinum, no?

kashell

« Reply #9852 on: March 10, 2016, 08:44:23 am »
Thanks Kash.

Indeed. The platinum looks like it will be time consuming. I really enjoyed it when I played it years ago.

It's one of the most divided RPGs I've ever played. Folks either love it or hate it.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9853 on: March 10, 2016, 10:06:50 am »
Thanks Kash.

Indeed. The platinum looks like it will be time consuming. I really enjoyed it when I played it years ago.

It's one of the most divided RPGs I've ever played. Folks either love it or hate it.

What games would you say that it's the most similar to?

Also, who here has played Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits - thoughts on it?

kashell

« Reply #9854 on: March 10, 2016, 10:31:53 am »
What games would you say that it's the most similar to?

RoF is a unique animal so it's hard to compare to anything. The story is sort of like Legend of Mana's since it's more a collection of mini-stories. The battles are just...so unfriendly to newcomers, especially those that don't participate in the tutorial. And even then, it's like information overload. Basically, there is scratch damage and direct damage. You need to deal scratch damage first before attempting to kill an enemy with direct damage. That's a very -VERY- generic description of the battles.

Also, who here has played Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits - thoughts on it?

I played it when it was first released on the PS2 over a decade ago. It was my "main game" during that summer. Every day after work I would sit down to it and forget about the annoyances of my summer job. I really enjoyed it, but I wonder if I'd feel the same way about it now. If I didn't recruit Diekbek and Choco, I'm sure I would have lost against the final boss.