Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1657144 times)

90snostalga

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #8385 on: October 10, 2015, 08:51:49 am »
Why do we still recognize Columbus Day when it's pretty well-known now that the Vikings were coming over to North America long before Columbus?

Because Columbus landing in The Bahamas lead to the settling of the New World.  Vikings didn't really do that.

That's my guess anyway.  Take it for what it's worth.

Yeah, I suppose that makes sense. We don't want to celebrate raping and pillaging.

Monday, I'm actually planning on stopping in someone else's house and telling them I live there now.  That's how I celebrate Columbus day.

Lmbo hillarioua ;D

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8386 on: October 10, 2015, 09:04:10 am »
1 hour till NYCC

kashell

« Reply #8387 on: October 12, 2015, 09:14:03 am »
I've been playing Dark Souls and, I must say, this is a perfect Halloween game. Nearly every area is just a haunting ground (TM) of eerie looking creature that are out to do one thing: kill you.

Let's look at where I am now as an example. I'm in this area called the Painted World of Ariamis. To actually get there, you need this grotesque looking doll that needs to be found in a decrepit, rundown asylum. Then, you need to examine a painting that literally pulls you into the world. When you walk across the busted wooden bridge, you see bodies upon bodies impaled on spears. The enemies that are trying to end your life are ones you've encountered before, plus some new ones. The new ones so far have been:

Engorged Hollows: Enemies with giant boils taking over their upper half. Eww.
Crow Demons: These things are as tall as Slender Man and they just look...mean. They will latch onto you and peck your eyes out.
Phalanx: Ok, I've seen some gross things before but these are just vile. Hollow heads, slug bodies, and the ability to chuck massive spears? Yikes.

And I think I'm just getting started. This is a great game, and it's also a great game for Halloween. While clearly designed as an action/RPG with a heavy emphasis on dungeon crawling, Dark Souls' brutal difficulty and haunted atmosphere make this feel like a survival/horror game in many ways. I can't believe I waited so long to play this, especially since I enjoyed Demon's Souls so much.

abe

« Reply #8388 on: October 12, 2015, 09:15:43 am »
Happy Thanksgiving Canadian VGCers. :)
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8389 on: October 12, 2015, 10:14:28 am »
Happy Thanksgiving Canadian VGCers. :)

Happy Thanksgiving guys!
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8390 on: October 12, 2015, 02:10:32 pm »
Happy Columbus Day!  I'm going to go out for Indian food, get lost, and eat at an Applebee's.

In other news, EA just announced DLC for Star Wars Battlefront.  The game's not even out for another month.  This is a big reason I don't let myself get excited for games.  I'm a huge Star Wars fan.  I preordered this game, but I'm debating how wise that was.  There's little to no campaign mode, planned DLC, and just general bullshit.  I'll probably go ahead and buy it, but I'm pissy.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8391 on: October 12, 2015, 02:12:55 pm »
Happy Columbus Day!  I'm going to go out for Indian food, get lost, and eat at an Applebee's.

In other news, EA just announced DLC for Star Wars Battlefront.  The game's not even out for another month.  This is a big reason I don't let myself get excited for games.  I'm a huge Star Wars fan.  I preordered this game, but I'm debating how wise that was.  There's little to no campaign mode, planned DLC, and just general bullshit.  I'll probably go ahead and buy it, but I'm pissy.

The no single player killed it for me. Fo4 is already offering season passes for future DLC.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8392 on: October 12, 2015, 03:18:01 pm »
You know, as someone who has played older games so much, I dont think I've really ever bought DLC aside from Hyrule warriors and MK8 stuff (I still dont own either game  :o

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8393 on: October 12, 2015, 04:53:10 pm »
You know, as someone who has played older games so much, I dont think I've really ever bought DLC aside from Hyrule warriors and MK8 stuff (I still dont own either game  :o

The Elder Scrolls expansions are well worth their money. Entire new storylines and quests to playthrough, and entirely new continents (although smaller) to explore.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8394 on: October 12, 2015, 05:02:05 pm »

The Elder Scrolls expansions are well worth their money. Entire new storylines and quests to playthrough, and entirely new continents (although smaller) to explore.

Some games are.  Borderlands had great DLC.  It just pisses me off that they already announced it.  It seems like they're just holding part of the game for ransom.

kashell

« Reply #8395 on: October 13, 2015, 08:13:39 am »
I miss the good old days when DLC used to be called unlockable content. DLC is lame.

gf78

« Reply #8396 on: October 13, 2015, 08:42:26 am »
Some games are.  Borderlands had great DLC.  It just pisses me off that they already announced it.  It seems like they're just holding part of the game for ransom.

That is exactly what they are doing.  No single player mode killed any desire I had to get this game, at least at full retail price.  Now the DLC is announced before the game is even released and micro-transactions are almost assuredly going to be in the game.  Typical greedy EA.  I saw the writing on the wall when Disney handed the game rights over to EA. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

gf78

« Reply #8397 on: October 13, 2015, 10:16:49 am »

Not only has EA announced DLC, they have announced a $50 season pass!  Pretty soon with EA, you will buy a retail game for $60, install it and start it up to be greeted by a screen showing what "DLC" you can buy...which will be pretty much anything past the startup screen. 

I'm done talking about it.  It just pisses me off how greedy these companies have become.   >:(
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8398 on: October 13, 2015, 10:35:21 am »
I miss the good old days when DLC used to be called unlockable content. DLC is lame.

I was even good when it was called "Expansion Packs"  It was extra game.  This is just trickling out content with the hopes that it keeps people interested in the game. 

In other news:  I just added an Xbone to my wishlist.  I think I may look for one during the Christmas shopping.  I'm not sure why.  I just kind of want one.

gf78

« Reply #8399 on: October 13, 2015, 11:28:27 am »
In other news:  I just added an Xbone to my wishlist.  I think I may look for one during the Christmas shopping.  I'm not sure why.  I just kind of want one.

Please note that the following is just my personal opinion.  I do not hate Xbox owners or lump them into one group.  With that disclosure out of the way...

I've tossed the idea back & forth several times, but I just can't bring myself to do it.  There just isn't enough I want on it.  The multiplatform titles are always better on the PS4 and of course-available on the PS4 so I don't need an Xbox One for those.  The exclusives don't really do much for me either.  Sunset Overdrive looks fun, but nothing worth buying another console for.  Halo lost it's luster for me when 343 took over, and Halo 5 looks to just continue moving farther from what I loved about the Bungie entries.  Gears of War ended with 3 (or at least should have) and Judgment wasn't that great and overstayed it's welcome.  Forza is just Forza with a new entry chugging out every year with each successive entry just milking gamers for more money through ridiculous season pass nonsense.  And Fable is just crap after the second one.  That leaves us with a handful of other exclusives, many of which are either forgettable or their is a similar alternative to on a system I already do own. 

I'm also at the point where there is too much coming out for the PS4 that I would never have time to even turn an Xbox One on.  And if I ever do decide to buy an Xbox One a few years down the road, it will be cheaper than ever and I will be able to get the games dirt-cheap.