Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1656996 times)

gf78

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #8370 on: October 09, 2015, 02:27:49 pm »
Am I the only one this OCD over my collection? It's almost like losing a pet.

No...even with the absolutely unbeatable deal Gamestop gave me to trade in Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Zelda Twilight Princess and Swkyward Sword...I had a hard time letting them go.  I only paid around $20 for all four complete at a pawn shop and ended up with nearly $150 trade credit for the four with the promo deals they were running...but I hate to let anything go. 

If it's any caveat, I only traded in the discs so that down the road, I will have a fairly easy time finding them again (hopefully fairly cheap) and won't have to worry about if they have the cases, books, CD's and whatnot. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

kashell

« Reply #8371 on: October 09, 2015, 02:34:54 pm »
I guess I'm somewhat OCD. Since I usually follow the "full franchise" methodology, I have a hard time getting rid of a game that's part of a series. But, if the deal is good, then I'm fine with it.

gf78

« Reply #8372 on: October 09, 2015, 03:02:22 pm »
I guess I'm somewhat OCD. Since I usually follow the "full franchise" methodology, I have a hard time getting rid of a game that's part of a series. But, if the deal is good, then I'm fine with it.

LOL...me too.  I don't have a Dreamcast, but I had to have Soul Calibur to go with all the others in the "Soul" series. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

kashell

« Reply #8373 on: October 09, 2015, 03:07:59 pm »

LOL...me too.  I don't have a Dreamcast, but I had to have Soul Calibur to go with all the others in the "Soul" series.

Exactly. I don't have a Nintendo 64, but I have Tactics Ogre 64.

gf78

« Reply #8374 on: October 09, 2015, 03:14:32 pm »
Exactly. I don't have a Nintendo 64, but I have Tactics Ogre 64.

Definitely OCD.  Knowing Titanfall 2 is coming to the PS4, I jumped on the Collector's Edition of the first one even though I don't own an Xbox One and have no intention of buying one.  But hey, at least I picked up a copy of the game for the PC from Walmart for $8.06 new.   :P

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8375 on: October 09, 2015, 04:34:18 pm »
So we're all big geeks in other words, lol.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8376 on: October 09, 2015, 04:34:26 pm »
Why do we still recognize Columbus Day when it's pretty well-known now that the Vikings were coming over to North America long before Columbus?

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8377 on: October 09, 2015, 04:37:20 pm »
Why do we still recognize Columbus Day when it's pretty well-known now that the Vikings were coming over to North America long before Columbus?

Because Columbus landing in The Bahamas lead to the settling of the New World.  Vikings didn't really do that.

That's my guess anyway.  Take it for what it's worth.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8378 on: October 09, 2015, 04:38:59 pm »

Because Columbus landing in The Bahamas lead to the settling of the New World.  Vikings didn't really do that.

Yeah, I suppose that makes sense. We don't want to celebrate raping and pillaging.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8379 on: October 09, 2015, 04:44:13 pm »

Yeah, I suppose that makes sense. We don't want to celebrate raping and pillaging.

Monday, I'm actually planning on stopping in someone else's house and telling them I live there now.  That's how I celebrate Columbus day.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8380 on: October 09, 2015, 05:07:14 pm »
It is 100 here right now. That's why I'm team cold weather lol
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

abe

« Reply #8381 on: October 09, 2015, 06:21:23 pm »
It's 13 degrees here right now. :D That's 55.4 degrees fahrenheit for you Amerifriends. I love it like this.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8382 on: October 09, 2015, 06:50:13 pm »
It's 13 degrees here right now. :D That's 55.4 degrees fahrenheit for you Amerifriends. I love it like this.

I'm moving in with you! It got as high as 104 earlier....
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

kashell

« Reply #8383 on: October 09, 2015, 08:48:43 pm »
So we're all big geeks in other words, lol.

How long did it take you to figure that out?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8384 on: October 09, 2015, 10:37:05 pm »

Monday, I'm actually planning on stopping in someone else's house and telling them I live there now.  That's how I celebrate Columbus day.

And steal all their gold.