Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1656983 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #8430 on: October 16, 2015, 11:47:34 am »
Did a deal on NA yesterday.  I've got 2 more NES games inbound!  That'll make 21.

kashell

« Reply #8431 on: October 16, 2015, 11:53:48 am »
Only a few hours after my flu shot and my arm is already hurting.* Ah well, at least it's Friday and I can go home earlier than usual and the decorating for a Halloween party will officially begin.

*I'm kind of a sissy when it comes to pain.

rayne315

« Reply #8432 on: October 16, 2015, 12:06:50 pm »
I just want to take the time to say that It is finally working! when me and my gf got together 3 years ago she swore up and down that she would never play video games and that she would eventually get me to sell them (great sounding gal I know, but I love her). So after a while of playing video games in front of her she finally would play a few games with me but only whenever I was playing and she would never ask to play, and she would definitely never buy a game. Well I just got a phone call from her and she said that she cant wait till I get home tonight because she found a lego game that I am missing and cant wait to play it with me! <3<3<3 If that's not love then I don't know what is folks.  ;D ;D
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8433 on: October 16, 2015, 01:17:45 pm »
Did a deal on NA yesterday.  I've got 2 more NES games inbound!  That'll make 21.

Nice, congrats! So close now...
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

desocietas

« Reply #8434 on: October 16, 2015, 01:42:26 pm »
I just want to take the time to say that It is finally working! when me and my gf got together 3 years ago she swore up and down that she would never play video games and that she would eventually get me to sell them (great sounding gal I know, but I love her). So after a while of playing video games in front of her she finally would play a few games with me but only whenever I was playing and she would never ask to play, and she would definitely never buy a game. Well I just got a phone call from her and she said that she cant wait till I get home tonight because she found a lego game that I am missing and cant wait to play it with me! <3<3<3 If that's not love then I don't know what is folks.  ;D ;D

Awesome! Nothing like a LEGO game to bring new players into the fold <3
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

rayne315

« Reply #8435 on: October 16, 2015, 01:53:19 pm »

which 2 did you get? Whats NA?

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

desocietas

« Reply #8436 on: October 16, 2015, 03:10:52 pm »

NA = NintendoAge
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

rayne315

« Reply #8437 on: October 16, 2015, 04:31:11 pm »

NA = NintendoAge

good to know.

Also I think I finally know what has taken the last guardian so long to release. I think that It may have been being updated to be a launch title for project Morpheus which would be amazing (wishing this is the case). Any thoughts on this anyone?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 04:34:36 pm by rayne315 »

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8438 on: October 16, 2015, 04:56:14 pm »

I'll let y'all know when they get here. 

Nintendo Age is a good place to find collectors selling stuff off.  I can get way better prices than eBay. 

Warmsignal

« Reply #8439 on: October 17, 2015, 12:19:24 am »
I've really scaled back the game collecting for the second half of this year. It's kind of weird, it's like a phase of not really craving to go hunt for more. I've been after DVD sets and CDs a lot lately, I guess that could be part of it. This is the first remission of the 'fever' I've had in probably years. ???

soera

« Reply #8440 on: October 17, 2015, 12:40:06 am »
Also I think I finally know what has taken the last guardian so long to release. I think that It may have been being updated to be a launch title for project Morpheus which would be amazing (wishing this is the case). Any thoughts on this anyone?

I hope not. Im really not into all the VR stuff and if the Last Guardian is a VR game, it will probably get bumped off my wishlist.

karyann

« Reply #8441 on: October 17, 2015, 11:10:23 am »
I've really scaled back the game collecting for the second half of this year. It's kind of weird, it's like a phase of not really craving to go hunt for more. I've been after DVD sets and CDs a lot lately, I guess that could be part of it. This is the first remission of the 'fever' I've had in probably years. ???

I don't have much of a "thrill of the hunt" anymore either, mostly because I never find anything anymore with all the resellers and "opportunist collectors" (people who started collecting video games just because it is currently cool and who buy only the priciest games because they're the cool ones to own. I'm not saying it's bad that people do that, however the popularity of this makes it all the more harder for the rest of us to get our hands on things).

The only thing I have a thrill for anymore is toys and other video games related products  ::) I love SO much to find old things I never knew existed, or that I owned as a kid and had totally forgotten about. These things seem to be less in the spotlight, so I get more chances of finding them :)

tpugmire

« Reply #8442 on: October 17, 2015, 04:51:52 pm »
Last week I ordered some battery holders that I thought might work for cartridge batteries with a little modification. They arrived today and they work better than I expected!  They're pretty much a perfect fit.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

karyann

« Reply #8443 on: October 18, 2015, 12:09:46 pm »
I needed an activity to relax, so I carved a pumpkin yesterday! Obviously I had to make it video games themed. These are 2 pictures of the same pumpkin but on 2 different sides! They're far from perfect, but I like them :) Last time I carved pumpkin, I made a different Gengar, and the pumpkin from Plants vs Zombies that protects other plants.

Edit: Damn it, Google is toying with me again with the pictures permissions. Here are the links, I'm giving up:

https://goo.gl/photos/TPLeRpFMjTyZgnz78
https://goo.gl/photos/QCJ3UTHr9wA6RCUq7
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 07:51:22 pm by karyann »

soera

« Reply #8444 on: October 18, 2015, 01:41:13 pm »
You forgot the pictures!  :P