Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1655943 times)

desocietas

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #8670 on: November 20, 2015, 05:13:20 pm »
http://nerdreactor.com/2015/11/18/stella-glow-nintendo-3ds-review/

Oh. My. Gawds.

People...RPG stands for role-playing game. There, saying RPG game means you are saying role-playing game game.

Like, seriously.

quick be the first to comment on it and tell them how stupid they are for calling it such!! also pick through the entire review for mis-spelling, grammatical errors, and words used to mean something they really don't!!

lol I kid, Its just one of those things like me and my typing. It doesn't necessarily mean they don't know that, just that they may have slipped up and failed to proof read properly.

A copy editor should've caught that, though... if they have one? It's not just correcting someone's informal blog post but a game review writer should probably know better ;)

hehe or "FPS shooter"...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

abe

« Reply #8671 on: November 20, 2015, 05:20:48 pm »
http://nerdreactor.com/2015/11/18/stella-glow-nintendo-3ds-review/

Oh. My. Gawds.

People...RPG stands for role-playing game. There, saying RPG game means you are saying role-playing game game.

Like, seriously.

quick be the first to comment on it and tell them how stupid they are for calling it such!! also pick through the entire review for mis-spelling, grammatical errors, and words used to mean something they really don't!!

lol I kid, Its just one of those things like me and my typing. It doesn't necessarily mean they don't know that, just that they may have slipped up and failed to proof read properly.

A copy editor should've caught that, though... if they have one? It's not just correcting someone's informal blog post but a game review writer should probably know better ;)

hehe or "FPS shooter"...

At least they didn't say Japanese JRPG Game. :P
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

karyann

« Reply #8672 on: November 21, 2015, 10:11:49 am »

I think I just died a little  :o

While we're on that topic, I hate when people write "$5 buck". Gah.

kashell

« Reply #8673 on: November 21, 2015, 11:39:39 am »

I think I just died a little  :o

While we're on that topic, I hate when people write "$5 buck". Gah.

YES!

Or they say ATM machine and/or PIN number. Usually, those two are in the same sentence. "Go to the ATM machine and enter your PIN number."

~_~()

rayne315

« Reply #8674 on: November 22, 2015, 10:14:20 pm »
Off topic I would just like to say. I went through probably 90% of my collection and found 141+ games that I had forgotten to add to my collection.. why I say 141+ is because I started with 1017 items, deleted a few because of accidental dups and empty cases, and ended with 1158 items total.

Categories I still have to look through include:
PSP
DS
3DS
Wii
SWAG
walkthrough's/magazines
And to run through all my systems/accessories/controlers

So I'm estimating around 20-40 more as ds/3ds/wii are my most neglected categories
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 10:19:24 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

Warmsignal

« Reply #8675 on: November 23, 2015, 03:13:58 am »
I literally didn't realize that pin is an acronym until just now. I thought it was a word, pin. Hey, I don't question the English language, it's wacky. There's like five totally different definitions to every word.  :P

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8676 on: November 23, 2015, 09:32:13 am »
Off topic I would just like to say. I went through probably 90% of my collection and found 141+ games that I had forgotten to add to my collection.. why I say 141+ is because I started with 1017 items, deleted a few because of accidental dups and empty cases, and ended with 1158 items total.

Categories I still have to look through include:
PSP
DS
3DS
Wii
SWAG
walkthrough's/magazines
And to run through all my systems/accessories/controlers

So I'm estimating around 20-40 more as ds/3ds/wii are my most neglected categories

I've got a big one of these coming.  Mine will go the other direction though.  My lovely ex-wife decided to relieve me of a lot of my collection when she had access to the house.  I don't have a Saturn anymore.  My Virtual Boy and all the games are gone.  She even took the BlockBuster rental case.  It really was one of my favorite things. 

Oh well, such is life.

gf78

« Reply #8677 on: November 23, 2015, 11:44:38 am »
I've got a big one of these coming.  Mine will go the other direction though.  My lovely ex-wife decided to relieve me of a lot of my collection when she had access to the house.  I don't have a Saturn anymore.  My Virtual Boy and all the games are gone.  She even took the BlockBuster rental case.  It really was one of my favorite things. 

Oh well, such is life.

That seems to be the way it works.  They couldn't care less about your "stupid games" until it's splitsville.  Then they want half of your sh!t!  Did you at least keep half of her shoes as payback?   :P
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

kashell

« Reply #8678 on: November 23, 2015, 12:55:45 pm »
http://cubiclane.com/white-rhino-dies-in-san-diego-31159/

If I were king for a day, I'd put as much funding as possible into finding poachers and executing them in a glorious ceremony.

Seriously, it's so sad to see another animal go extinct.

rayne315

« Reply #8679 on: November 23, 2015, 01:57:32 pm »
http://cubiclane.com/white-rhino-dies-in-san-diego-31159/

If I were king for a day, I'd put as much funding as possible into finding poachers and executing them in a glorious ceremony.

Seriously, it's so sad to see another animal go extinct.

what is worse is all of that poaching that lead to their eventual extinction was just for their horn. Here is to hoping that they find more out in the wild to hopefully save the species.

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

gf78

« Reply #8680 on: November 23, 2015, 02:47:16 pm »
what is worse is all of that poaching that lead to their eventual extinction was just for their horn. Here is to hoping that they find more out in the wild to hopefully save the species.

Unfortunately, its highly doubtful.  Like the Black Rhino, this sub-species has come to an end like so many before it. 

This world runs on money.  When we've used all of the oil, cut down all of the trees and turned our atmosphere into a poisonous fume that can no longer sustain life, what good will all that money be?

The world would be so much better off without humans cannibalizing it.  We are well on our way to a self-imposed extinction.  We've done so much damage to the world that everything causes cancer now.  Just look around you and take your pick.  It will cause cancer.  What a wonderful world and legacy we have left for our children and our children's children.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

kashell

« Reply #8681 on: November 23, 2015, 03:31:22 pm »

Unfortunately, its highly doubtful.  Like the Black Rhino, this sub-species has come to an end like so many before it. 

This world runs on money.  When we've used all of the oil, cut down all of the trees and turned our atmosphere into a poisonous fume that can no longer sustain life, what good will all that money be?

The world would be so much better off without humans cannibalizing it.  We are well on our way to a self-imposed extinction.  We've done so much damage to the world that everything causes cancer now.  Just look around you and take your pick.  It will cause cancer.  What a wonderful world and legacy we have left for our children and our children's children.

Sad, but true. After watching The Human Experiment and Fed Up, I can't believe the greediness and thoughtlessness of people.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8682 on: November 23, 2015, 06:26:52 pm »
anyone else see what's wrong here?

rayne315

« Reply #8683 on: November 23, 2015, 06:39:22 pm »
anyone else see what's wrong here?

Is it the lines:
Made with the best quality material with your children in mind
Top quality CHILDREN'S item

They make it sound like a toy and not a Mature rated game

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #8684 on: November 23, 2015, 07:38:29 pm »
I know this isn't exactly happy news, but my dad died of lung cancer last Thursday. If you smoke, I highly recommend quitting. Do it for the people who love you.