Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1656042 times)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

desocietas

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #8746 on: November 30, 2015, 08:33:23 pm »
Real ones smell so good but are so much trouble. I've always had fake at home so luckily, I don't feel like I'm missing a part of my soul if I don't have that amazing scent lingering through December.

I have one or two of these hanging in my mini-tree - they do a good job of giving that smell for the few weeks that the tree is up!

Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

karyann

« Reply #8747 on: November 30, 2015, 08:36:12 pm »
Real ones smell so good but are so much trouble. I've always had fake at home so luckily, I don't feel like I'm missing a part of my soul if I don't have that amazing scent lingering through December.

I have one or two of these hanging in my mini-tree - they do a good job of giving that smell for the few weeks that the tree is up!

Now that I know this exists, I NEED it in my life! Thanks for sharing the information  ;D

desocietas

« Reply #8748 on: November 30, 2015, 08:40:50 pm »

Now that I know this exists, I NEED it in my life! Thanks for sharing the information  ;D

Haha, no problem! When I bought my tree last year, they had a few different "tree varieties" available in case you wanted something that wasn't just pine. I thought it'd be silly, but it was actually really nice to get a light whiff of "pine" when I'd walk into the living room in the mornings.  If anything, the smell might be a little strong when you initially put it out, but it mellows out as the days go by.  Results might differ for you, of course, depending on room size, tree size, etc. But worth a shot to try one year!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8749 on: December 01, 2015, 01:10:53 pm »

Gonna buy one, thanks
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8750 on: December 01, 2015, 01:45:28 pm »
http://gematsu.com/2015/11/platinum-games-developing-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-game?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

Platinum sure has been busy as of late

Can we cross our fingers for an old school TMNT Cartoon game like the G1 Transformers?  Please let this be the one!

desocietas

« Reply #8751 on: December 01, 2015, 02:57:04 pm »
http://gematsu.com/2015/11/platinum-games-developing-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-game?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

Platinum sure has been busy as of late

Can we cross our fingers for an old school TMNT Cartoon game like the G1 Transformers?  Please let this be the one!

Man, that'd be so cool - I liked what I saw of the new Transformers game! What a great example of honing in on what fans want in a game based on a cartoon.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #8752 on: December 02, 2015, 06:40:30 pm »
Another mass shooting in our fine country...

I just...I'm at a loss for words at this point.

Warmsignal

« Reply #8753 on: December 02, 2015, 07:12:37 pm »
Still easier to access guns than mental health care in this country.... just saying.

Personally, I think they give far too much media coverage to happenings like this nowadays and I think that inspires others to do the same, unfortunately. One thing is for sure, it's time for a solution to this mess, and I'll tell you, I don't think the solution is to arm every citizen to the teeth and live in complete paranoia of what might happen from day to day.

gf78

« Reply #8754 on: December 02, 2015, 07:42:33 pm »
Human beings are just evil. It seems now that for every good person out there, there is someone the complete opposite and two more that just don't give a shit.

You want to see how bad things are?  Just watch the videos of people fighting and stomping each other to save a buck on Black Friday. Oh sorry, my bad!  Thanksgiving day this year!  It seems the meaning of the holiday (giving thanks) and being grateful for what we have doesn't even matter anymore.

Then you have terrorists blowing people up and for what?  Because they think they are doing God's work?  Nowhere have I read in the Bible or Quran that we should murder innocent people.

You can't even go to the movies, sporting event or even school without the thought in your mind that some nut job is going to shoot the place up. I can't take my kids shopping without seeing some idiot with his ass hanging out of his pants.

Our politicians are corrupt and sit there laughing, doing as they please while the common folk argue about conservatives and liberals. They are more than likely in cahoots and the stupid political fighting just distracts the American people while they all pull whatever underhanded back room shit they have going on.

I swear I don't even bother turning the news on anymore. I would rather stare at my PS4's dashboard than see the nonsense and violence on TV.

And forgive my soapbox for just a moment longer, but it seems that with all the evil and violence, it's still a no-no to show a boobie on TV.  Whether you believe in a divine being, evolution or whatever, the human body is not an evil thing. As a hetero male, it's perfectly natural to be excited by the female form. And it's perfectly natural for everyone else regardless or gender or sexual orientation to be excited when they see what they like.

So how is it that this perfectly natural creation that arouses and pleases us is taboo and shunned, but killing, bloodshed and violence can be seen everywhere?  You can buy a new dude bro shooter just about every week but skimpy outfits in DOA Xtreme is not getting a stateside release?  Rediculous.

And I'm just gonna come out and say it. I like vagina. Like, a whole lot. It's my favorite thing in the world. It's better than video games, Mountain Dew, money or an exotic car.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

desocietas

« Reply #8755 on: December 02, 2015, 08:05:25 pm »
Sorry to change the topic back to fake Christmas trees, but:

We couldn't figure out a tree topper last year, but I found this guy and thought we'd try to make him our tree topper. Extra points if you recognize what he's from :)

Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

pacpix

« Reply #8756 on: December 02, 2015, 09:25:55 pm »
That tree looks great!  I really like the Mario ornaments.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

gf78

« Reply #8757 on: December 02, 2015, 09:27:11 pm »
My wife was pretty adamant.  No Mario ornaments on the tree.  :'(
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

telly

« Reply #8758 on: December 02, 2015, 09:32:43 pm »
I like the little Cactuar most. :)
Currently Playing:
Persona 4 Golden (Switch), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)

My music collection | My Backloggery

desocietas

« Reply #8759 on: December 02, 2015, 09:41:14 pm »
Yeah, I love that little Cactuar! Like a cute, hidden, evil surprise ;P

The bf decided to pick up the Mario ornaments from work - they're pretty nice, though I was afraid they'd be too much for our little fake tree.  They look pretty nice, though! The blue one actually lights up, but when you turn it on, you can see that its not made all that well - it's just a translucent plastic printed sheet that they cut and wrap around the ball, so when you turn on the light, you see all the seams and overlaps.  The yellow ones are like that, but they don't light up, so it's not so obvious.

Just a heads up if anyone was eyeing those at Gamestop!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas