Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1658412 times)

karyann

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #9195 on: January 22, 2016, 10:57:53 am »
She's 13, turning 14 on Feb 28th.  She's actually my stepdaughter.  The funny thing is, she was a complete daddy's girl until a few years ago.  The first thing she said to me when my wife and I started dating when she was three was "My daddy's gonna beat you up!"  Everything was about daddy.  Her younger sister who just turned 11 never was close to her dad.  She grew up since she was a year old with me.  The young one stopped going to her dad's when she was eight.  Now the oldest hasn't seen her dad since he alienated her almost a year ago.  She calls him James now or her "ex-dad."  This is not through my wife or I badmouthing him or any such thing.  He's a giant douche-turd and ruined his relationship with his kids.  I love them both dearly and am quite proud to be their "Daddy Steve."

That's both a sad and a sweet story  :-\ I'm glad your actual family is holding strong, though! That's the most important part :)

I strongly believe that blood means nothing to decide if you're a family or not. My dad is actually my step-father too. My biological father died when I was just born, and my "current" father has been my dad since I was 2. I wouldn't trade him for the world :) According to my mother, he fell in love with me before he did with her, haha  :P I always have to consciously remind myself that we don't share any DNA when the doctor asks me for family health issues. He's my father and nobody can change anything about that!

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9196 on: January 22, 2016, 11:19:52 am »
Guys,

Why is Naruto pulling me in again? One of the LPers I follow started a 360 naruto game LP a week ago and now I'm reading the manga again and I'm into it. Help me!

gf78

« Reply #9197 on: January 22, 2016, 11:35:08 am »
That's both a sad and a sweet story  :-\ I'm glad your actual family is holding strong, though! That's the most important part :)

I strongly believe that blood means nothing to decide if you're a family or not. My dad is actually my step-father too. My biological father died when I was just born, and my "current" father has been my dad since I was 2. I wouldn't trade him for the world :) According to my mother, he fell in love with me before he did with her, haha  :P I always have to consciously remind myself that we don't share any DNA when the doctor asks me for family health issues. He's my father and nobody can change anything about that!

Absolutely correct.  What's funny is when we go to something like a doctor's office or school registration, I cannot tell you how many times the teacher/doctor/whoever says how much the youngest looks like me.  But you are 100% right that biology or blood does not determine family.  Their real father chose to be a douchebag and ruin his relationship with his kids.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

Warmsignal

« Reply #9198 on: January 22, 2016, 12:07:31 pm »
So much for my tropical island winter paradise fantasy.

kashell

« Reply #9199 on: January 22, 2016, 12:10:24 pm »
Snow day! You know what that means, right? It means that I need to partake in the snow day diet:

Coffee, coffee, wine, wine, wine, wine, and wine. Luckily, we have enough bottles to make Betty Ford jealous.

Absolutely correct.  What's funny is when we go to something like a doctor's office or school registration, I cannot tell you how many times the teacher/doctor/whoever says how much the youngest looks like me.  But you are 100% right that biology or blood does not determine family.  Their real father chose to be a douchebag and ruin his relationship with his kids.

Both yours and Lady K's stories are inspirational. Family is family.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9200 on: January 22, 2016, 12:25:43 pm »
Snow day! You know what that means, right? It means that I need to partake in the snow day diet:

Coffee, coffee, wine, wine, wine, wine, and wine. Luckily, we have enough bottles to make Betty Ford jealous.

Stop WINEing, Kash!

Wtf?

I think that this thread's gonna go 10,000!

There oughta' be a badge for that, I'll tell you what.

For whoever may have started it, that is._.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

desocietas

« Reply #9201 on: January 22, 2016, 12:34:11 pm »

::) I see what you did there
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9202 on: January 22, 2016, 12:36:01 pm »

::) I see what you did there

Clever indeed, l'il sister!

rayne315

« Reply #9203 on: January 22, 2016, 12:40:55 pm »

Stop WINEing, Kash!

Wtf?

I think that this thread's gonna go 10,000!

There oughta' be a badge for that, I'll tell you what.

IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!

(i'd insert a pic but i'm at work so I cant lol)
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

soera

« Reply #9204 on: January 22, 2016, 01:49:36 pm »
I think the badge should go to me ... cause its me.

Warmsignal

« Reply #9205 on: January 22, 2016, 03:06:30 pm »
Well this is great, it seems my original Xbox has died. When I go to turn it on it powers up for a half second, then goes back off.  ::)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9206 on: January 22, 2016, 03:33:07 pm »
I think the badge should go to Kenny ... cause he's Kenny.

QFT!

Preaching to the choir, brother Brad.___.

kashell

« Reply #9207 on: January 22, 2016, 03:37:11 pm »
dark should get it, 'cause dark.

Also, two bottles down. Oh, how I do adore snow days. Just call me Betty Ford.

tpugmire

« Reply #9208 on: January 22, 2016, 04:30:38 pm »
Did you remove the clock capacitor?  If not, it may have leaked on the motherboard, causing corroded traces. It's pretty much guaranteed to happen to all but one revision of the board. Can't remember which one off the top of my head.  The failures are usually drive or power related, but it can cause lots of weird symptoms.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9209 on: January 22, 2016, 04:42:23 pm »
dark should get it, 'cause dark.

Also, two bottles down. Oh, how I do adore snow days. Just call me Betty Ford.

How many inches didya' get today Kash?

Our latest forecast is saying around a foot starting around 7:00 tonight.