Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1605339 times)

gf78

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #9510 on: February 11, 2016, 11:02:55 am »
This is honestly the only gaming forum Im really active in (other than some specific ones like Dragon quest or LRG). Some of the community is really bad out there.

^^Truth^^

Every site is either a bunch of assholes or it's a dick measuring contest.  That's why I get so testy when people act like that here.  I'm protective of this place.  It's the last safe place on my interwebs.  :D

Sorry when I act like a dickhole turf.   :-[

I agree about forums on other sites.  Reading the comments on something like N4G is maddening.  I especially hate hearing when people consistently say "somebody is salty."  It's so friggin' stupid.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #9511 on: February 11, 2016, 11:05:59 am »
This is honestly the only gaming forum Im really active in (other than some specific ones like Dragon quest or LRG). Some of the community is really bad out there.

^^Truth^^

Every site is either a bunch of assholes or it's a dick measuring contest.  That's why I get so testy when people act like that here.  I'm protective of this place.  It's the last safe place on my interwebs.  :D

Sorry when I act like a dickhole turf.   :-[

I agree about forums on other sites.  Reading the comments on something like N4G is maddening.  I especially hate hearing when people consistently say "somebody is salty."  It's so friggin' stupid.
Though, it did bring about this little gem

gf78

« Reply #9512 on: February 11, 2016, 11:10:43 am »

ARGH!  I hate that phrase! 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

« Reply #9513 on: February 11, 2016, 11:13:20 am »

ARGH!  I hate that phrase!
Hahaha.  I think it's funny.  I can't take that phrase seriously.

kashell

« Reply #9514 on: February 11, 2016, 11:14:27 am »
That's actually the first time I ever heard of that phrase. Too much salt is bad for you; just like too much sugar is bad for you.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9515 on: February 11, 2016, 11:24:36 am »
Yep.

I've always found the community here, as a whole, to be a huge step up from other gaming sites.

Has foxy retired or are we just posting in different threads?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9516 on: February 11, 2016, 12:09:53 pm »

^^Truth^^

Yep, there is only one gamer forum i am active on, and its here....

Lets be honest, the gaming community is full of aholes.... And I thought sport forums were bad.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

rayne315

« Reply #9517 on: February 11, 2016, 12:27:17 pm »
I can honestly say I have never been on a single other forum (besides one my work made me go on for difficult questions nobody else could answer) and that includes forums like myface and spacebook. If I didn't care so much about the topics here and the atmosphere was not as it is then I could honestly say I would have never used the forums.

also probably 8-9 years ago was the first time I had ever heard that salty term used in that manner so it is really getting up their in years... Wait people actually still use salty? I remember 2 others that started around me during the same time period. Fire and Cold anyone else heard of them? both mean the same thing and in my area it seemed to be segregated between the 2 cities, if you went to the Moline school districts you used fire, if you went to rock island you used cold.

EDIT: Whoops forgot the context they basically just meant cool or good
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 12:40:24 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

gf78

« Reply #9518 on: February 11, 2016, 12:36:42 pm »
I can honestly say I have never been on a single other forum (besides one my work made me go on for difficult questions nobody else could answer) and that includes forums like myface and spacebook. If I didn't care so much about the topics here and the atmosphere was not as it is then I could honestly say I would have never used the forums.

also probably 8-9 years ago was the first time I had ever heard that salty term used in that manner so it is really getting up their in years... Wait people actually still use salty? I remember 2 others that started around me during the same time period. Fire and Cold anyone else heard of them? both mean the same thing and in my area it seemed to be segregated between the 2 cities, if you went to the Moline school districts you used fire, if you went to rock island you used cold.

Not sure about the fire and cold in that context.  But here in prison when something tastes good, the inmates say "That shit is fire!"

kashell

« Reply #9519 on: February 11, 2016, 01:13:32 pm »
I'm learning so much from this forum today!

rayne315

« Reply #9520 on: February 11, 2016, 01:28:36 pm »

Not sure about the fire and cold in that context.  But here in prison when something tastes good, the inmates say "That shit is fire!"

Wait their is good food in prison? fuck that feed them nothing but bologna sandwiches for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. If they want real food then they should work to reduce the tax burden for their criminal asses...

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

gf78

« Reply #9521 on: February 11, 2016, 01:30:03 pm »

EDIT: Whoops forgot the context they basically just meant cool or good

LOL...now that you added the context, "fire" makes sense since that's what the inmates say about food they like.   ;D

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9522 on: February 11, 2016, 03:01:42 pm »
I am house sitting again this weekend. but this time, Friday to Monday..... I get paid to sit on my butt, watch tv, and watch two dogs. Not a bad gig. Best part is, they provide the food too. So all i gotta do is take it out and heat it up or cook.

Only bad part is, its a Christian home, so out of respect, I can't get piss drunk lol
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

rayne315

« Reply #9523 on: February 11, 2016, 03:30:50 pm »
I am house sitting again this weekend. but this time, Friday to Monday..... I get paid to sit on my butt, watch tv, and watch two dogs. Not a bad gig. Best part is, they provide the food too. So all i gotta do is take it out and heat it up or cook.

Only bad part is, its a Christian home, so out of respect, I can't get piss drunk lol

Hey for a gig like that that's not too bad. free food, free heat, free electricity, free cable/dish/whatever, and on top of it your getting paid. very nice.

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

abe

« Reply #9524 on: February 11, 2016, 03:31:02 pm »
Has foxy retired or are we just posting in different threads?

I do believe he retired.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)