Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1605268 times)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #9525 on: February 11, 2016, 03:38:11 pm »
I am house sitting again this weekend. but this time, Friday to Monday..... I get paid to sit on my butt, watch tv, and watch two dogs. Not a bad gig. Best part is, they provide the food too. So all i gotta do is take it out and heat it up or cook.

Only bad part is, its a Christian home, so out of respect, I can't get piss drunk lol

Hey for a gig like that that's not too bad. free food, free heat, free electricity, free cable/dish/whatever, and on top of it your getting paid. very nice.

its gonna be in the 90s F this weekend, so more like AC lol
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

pacpix

« Reply #9526 on: February 11, 2016, 03:41:22 pm »
Has foxy retired or are we just posting in different threads?

I do believe he retired.

Yup he retired late last year.

I will also agree with everybody on how nice the forum community is here.  While I lurk a bit more than I used to now, VGCollect is still the first place I go to when I open my web browser thanks to the great forum community.  Makes it pretty easy to moderate the forums :P
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9527 on: February 11, 2016, 03:41:55 pm »
Agreed. There's not a lot of places where you can be a gamer, and not deal with trolls. This place is great for that! And of course the awesome, free, collection app.

Retro Gamer For Life on Facebook isn't too bad. They do have an incident here or there, but the admins are quick to get a handle on it when it does happen.

rayne315

« Reply #9528 on: February 11, 2016, 03:52:18 pm »
I am house sitting again this weekend. but this time, Friday to Monday..... I get paid to sit on my butt, watch tv, and watch two dogs. Not a bad gig. Best part is, they provide the food too. So all i gotta do is take it out and heat it up or cook.

Only bad part is, its a Christian home, so out of respect, I can't get piss drunk lol

Hey for a gig like that that's not too bad. free food, free heat, free electricity, free cable/dish/whatever, and on top of it your getting paid. very nice.

... wanna trade? I think with windchill its going to be in the negatives this weekend. it was 7 degrees F when i went into work this morning, hence my free heat comment
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9529 on: February 11, 2016, 03:54:20 pm »

... wanna trade? I think with windchill its going to be in the negatives this weekend. it was 7 degrees F when i went into work this morning, hence my free heat comment
yes please lol, i hate the heat

1049-2600-8730

kashell

« Reply #9530 on: February 11, 2016, 04:42:17 pm »

davifus

« Reply #9531 on: February 11, 2016, 05:33:47 pm »
Has foxy retired or are we just posting in different threads?

I do believe he retired.

Yup he retired late last year.

I will also agree with everybody on how nice the forum community is here.  While I lurk a bit more than I used to now, VGCollect is still the first place I go to when I open my web browser thanks to the great forum community.  Makes it pretty easy to moderate the forums :P

Whattt I never knew. i thought he was just taking a loong break or something...  :'(
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9532 on: February 11, 2016, 06:58:29 pm »
http://www.upi.com/Entertainment_News/2016/02/11/Barry-Manilow-cancels-tour-dates-after-emergency-surgery/5841455221439/

Well, damn. Now I'm both worried and sad. Here's hoping for a swift recovery.

Sucks. It's been a bad year for famous people so far this year.

Hope he recovers.

1049-2600-8730

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9533 on: February 11, 2016, 07:23:24 pm »
It's not just a bad year for celebrities. My wife's grandpa just passed away. My grandma just had a stroke, and it's looking like she's not going to make it. I had to write off my mom finally because her drug addiction issues have just gotten so out of control I had to take my family away from the situation.

kashell

« Reply #9534 on: February 12, 2016, 09:39:11 am »
http://www.upi.com/Entertainment_News/2016/02/11/Barry-Manilow-cancels-tour-dates-after-emergency-surgery/5841455221439/

Well, damn. Now I'm both worried and sad. Here's hoping for a swift recovery.

Sucks. It's been a bad year for famous people so far this year.

Hope he recovers.

Yes, same here. I was reading about him and it looks like he's always had some health issues during his career. Hopefully he recovers smoothly. Various websites said to hold onto the tickets because they'll announce a new date for his concert.

rayne315

« Reply #9535 on: February 12, 2016, 09:46:13 am »
It's not just a bad year for celebrities. My wife's grandpa just passed away. My grandma just had a stroke, and it's looking like she's not going to make it. I had to write off my mom finally because her drug addiction issues have just gotten so out of control I had to take my family away from the situation.

Im sorry to hear that burning hopefully your grandma recovers from it, or passes away painlessly. sending my prayers for the former. And also sending my prayers that you mother decides to go to rehab and turn her life around.

You had a brother that lives/lived with your mom right? how is he doing? did he ever find a place to go?

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

gf78

« Reply #9536 on: February 12, 2016, 10:52:57 am »

Very sorry to hear about your grandma and your wife's grandpa.  I know you've had a hard way of it for awhile now.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

desocietas

« Reply #9537 on: February 12, 2016, 11:21:29 am »

So sorry to hear it, burningdoom... I'll be thinking of you and your family...  :'(
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9538 on: February 12, 2016, 01:13:32 pm »
Thanks guys.

@ rayne: Yeah, my brother is still with my mom. He's not legally conserved by anyone, so he has to go into the governemnt office and tell them he wants to go to group home or they won't do it. They treat him just like an adult, making his own decision because of not being conserved. But at the same time, he is mentally challenged. My mom is going to manipulate him to convince him not to do that, and it's not like he drive himself down there to do it, anyways.

We did make some progress, though. We got my step-dad to get legal control of his bank account. Before that, my mom and her loser junkie friends were stealing money out of his account to feed their habits.

rayne315

« Reply #9539 on: February 12, 2016, 01:18:23 pm »
Thanks guys.

@ rayne: Yeah, my brother is still with my mom. He's not legally conserved by anyone, so he has to go into the governemnt office and tell them he wants to go to group home or they won't do it. They treat him just like an adult, making his own decision because of not being conserved. But at the same time, he is mentally challenged. My mom is going to manipulate him to convince him not to do that, and it's not like he drive himself down there to do it, anyways.

We did make some progress, though. We got my step-dad to get legal control of his bank account. Before that, my mom and her loser junkie friends were stealing money out of his account to feed their habits.

hey small victories are still victories.

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully