Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1589296 times)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #9705 on: February 29, 2016, 11:38:09 am »
So how was everyone's weekend?
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

gf78

« Reply #9706 on: February 29, 2016, 11:43:39 am »

Beautiful...until this morning.  Had an argument with the misses that ended with her saying "fuck you mother fucker!" and me leaving for work.  Wow...guess I really struck a nerve.   ???
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9707 on: February 29, 2016, 11:46:34 am »

Beautiful...until this morning.  Had an argument with the misses that ended with her saying "fuck you mother fucker!" and me leaving for work.  Wow...guess I really struck a nerve.   ???

Shiiiiiiiiit.

That's how me and the gf say good morning  ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

desocietas

« Reply #9708 on: February 29, 2016, 12:06:10 pm »

Ouch... sorry to hear it.  Hopefully tensions will have calmed by the time you get off work and things can be discussed. I'm always thankful that even if the bf and I take some minor jabs at each other, we're both pretty calm about it. We're super chill sort of people, so we're not the sort to yell for any reason.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #9709 on: February 29, 2016, 12:14:19 pm »

It was super fun. My brother and I went to visit our grandparents in sunny Naples, FL and had a grand old time.

This up coming weekend should be just as memorable.

abe

« Reply #9710 on: February 29, 2016, 12:29:23 pm »

Any weekend filled with Fire Emblem and beer is a good weekend. :D
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9711 on: February 29, 2016, 12:53:41 pm »

Caught a nasty cold, ugh. But on the other hand I started Ys: Ark of Napshitim on PS2 and I'm really enjoying it! So now I'm sick at home with the entire day open to get into it.

Warmsignal

« Reply #9712 on: February 29, 2016, 12:55:28 pm »
Devil's Third is back in stock? HA. Take that scalpers. Now you're lucky to make your money back.  ;D

maximo310

« Reply #9713 on: February 29, 2016, 12:58:12 pm »

Caught a nasty cold, ugh. But on the other hand I started Ys: Ark of Napshitim on PS2 and I'm really enjoying it! So now I'm sick at home with the entire day open to get into it.
Wow; I got a cold as well. Had to go to school on Saturday for a midterm, but besides that, I've just been staying at home( including today) trying to recover, while getting some Fire Emblem Fates and Ys IV:Dawn of Ys gameplay in as well.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9714 on: February 29, 2016, 01:04:35 pm »

Quite possibly the most boring cartridge label of all-time. But inside of the cart is one of the coolest side-scrolling shoot-em ups on the Genesis.

Very cool level-designs and character-designs that are more fantasy and sci-fi than your normal space-setting for a shoot-em up. And pretty cool music to go along with it.

It also has a unique power-up system that utilizes magical or special attacks; and there are many different ones throughout the game. You can increase your magic shot's power, as well as your normal shot. And you can upgrade your character's speed. Be careful, though, you often end-up overpowering the speed and running into stuff as a result.

I don't know if it's gone up, but when I got this game, I got it for dirt-cheap off of eBay a few years back.

Warmsignal

« Reply #9715 on: February 29, 2016, 01:08:30 pm »
Dream Works put no effort into their label designs, but they put out some good games for the Genesis. Whenever you see one of those boring labels, I'd say pick it up.

rayne315

« Reply #9716 on: February 29, 2016, 01:15:34 pm »

Great, went off to see my friends out in Rockford. one of them had a MTG tournament we went off to that was a qualifying tourney. but the line for sign ups was so long we ended up not being able to get signed up by 2 minutes. Although we were their an hour early. but it was still fun being able to watch the ultra competitive players play (I only casually play and don't invest hundreds in a single deck). Drank heavily with my friends and played games drunk. They had a bunch of really fun party games I never even heard of.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

soera

« Reply #9717 on: February 29, 2016, 02:57:47 pm »

Shiiiiiiiiit.

That's how me and the gf say good morning  ;)

Lol its like we have the same gf.

Otherwise, I spent my entire weekend working. Between Fri/Sat/Sun, I ended up with 33.00 hours and almost $400 in tips.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9718 on: February 29, 2016, 03:01:54 pm »
I just went to the shooting range, finally shot a 10mm.... I think i was in love.... but too rich for my blood.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

kashell

« Reply #9719 on: February 29, 2016, 03:19:51 pm »
If memory serves, there are a few other folks on here studying Japanese. I'm on lesson 22 in the Genki series and I'm noticing that I have to flip to the back of the book more times than I care to admit in order to look up words I learned but forgot. So, I decided to back to each lesson's vocabulary section and jot down a word if I don't know it. The problem is, I need to figure out how to memorize them permanently.

How do folks memorize things 'round these parts? Flash cards are my go-to, but I use those for memorizing only kanji meanings.