Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1598519 times)

Warmsignal

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #11100 on: May 18, 2016, 12:43:19 pm »
Well, in order to avoid the popups and forced upgrades, you just have to do disable the osupdate check in the windows registry. It's probably the best thing to do if you want to keep Windows 7 or 8.

They arent that annoying, yet...

Though i did find my ipod video and need to transfer all the music from there to my laptop.

That application I was referring to, GWX Control Panel, is an easy to use tool you can download that basically does everything you need to do for you with the simple click of buttons, it disables the update, deletes the nagging tool in your trays, erases W10 download files, etc.  Best just grab that thing now and run it. If you ignore it, Microsoft will eventually tell you it's happening whether you want it, or not.

jsoup

« Reply #11101 on: May 18, 2016, 03:16:27 pm »
I'm thinking about writing a new Top 10 list for GameFAQs. They're fun to write, and the feedback you receive is entertaining as hell.

Do a top ten, most overrated games, those ones are turn out good.

Well, half the list does. At least five of the games are the same stuff you always see on overrated games lists.

I already have a theme, but I just know that when it gets viewed there are going to be some whiny ass readers that will get their feelings hurt. Hashtag, this is the internet.

The best top 10 lists are the ones that are fundamentally correct and tick people off.

kashell

« Reply #11102 on: May 18, 2016, 03:17:30 pm »
I agree. So far, I'm two for two.

gf78

« Reply #11103 on: May 19, 2016, 09:29:20 am »

LOL...you should do a list made up entirely of Zelda titles.  Guaranteed to piss crying fanboys off. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

kashell

« Reply #11104 on: May 19, 2016, 09:58:34 am »

LOL...you should do a list made up entirely of Zelda titles.  Guaranteed to piss crying fanboys off.

That would be pretty epic.

Someone recently did a top ten list of Mega Man games and it was a bloodbath. Of course, the list was poorly written and had terrible style.

shepard11

« Reply #11105 on: May 19, 2016, 10:07:28 am »
Someone recently did a top ten list of Mega Man games and it was a bloodbath. Of course, the list was poorly written and had terrible style.

Can't we all agree all Mega Man games are beautiful (well cept for maybe MM8)

gf78

« Reply #11106 on: May 19, 2016, 10:44:13 am »
Sometimes deliberate trolling is the most entertainment to be found on the internet.   ;)
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

shepard11

« Reply #11107 on: May 19, 2016, 10:49:33 am »
Sometimes deliberate trolling is the most entertainment to be found on the internet.   ;)

Come on I manage a comic shop one of my favorite things is trolling the comic guys and magic kids. I got one guy that gets upset if ya speak ill of Batman. So every week I try to think of something clever to say to him to set him off.

soera

« Reply #11108 on: May 19, 2016, 11:07:25 am »
I got one guy that gets upset if ya speak ill of Batman.

Ahhh Batman. DC's answer to the non superhero that is Iron Man.

gf78

« Reply #11109 on: May 19, 2016, 11:35:21 am »

Come on I manage a comic shop one of my favorite things is trolling the comic guys and magic kids. I got one guy that gets upset if ya speak ill of Batman. So every week I try to think of something clever to say to him to set him off.

LOL...I used to do that all the time when I hung around the local comic shop.  There was one guy who got all butt-hurt if you dissed Superman.  I would wait for him to bring up something about Superman and I would strike.  First, I would insult Dan Jurgens' crappy art (that tells you the timeframe we are talking), then I would talk about Supes being a complete pussy because a green rock could kill him.  He would also bitch his head off every time the new Toyfare came out because Twisted Mego Theater was always trashing the DC heroes.  There was one issue where Marvel and DC were facing off and Green Arrow's boxing glove arrow was stuck in his quiver.  Hawkeye says "How about an arrow arrow."  And blasts him in the chest.  I still laugh about how made that guy got about it. 

gf78

« Reply #11110 on: May 19, 2016, 11:36:09 am »

LOL...I used to do that all the time when I hung around the local comic shop.  There was one guy who got all butt-hurt if you dissed Superman.  I would wait for him to bring up something about Superman and I would strike.  First, I would insult Dan Jurgens' crappy art (that tells you the timeframe we are talking), then I would talk about Supes being a complete pussy because a green rock could kill him.  He would also bitch his head off every time the new Toyfare came out because Twisted Mego Theater was always trashing the DC heroes.  There was one issue where Marvel and DC were facing off and Green Arrow's boxing glove arrow was stuck in his quiver.  Hawkeye says "How about an arrow arrow."  And blasts him in the chest.  I still laugh about how mad that guy got about it.

kashell

« Reply #11111 on: May 19, 2016, 12:18:37 pm »
Ha! That's awesome.

I don't care either Batman or Super Man (or any comic for that matter), but I'm glad other people still enjoy following them. That said, seeing people get bent out of shape because someone else made a truthful remark about their favorite fictional character is hilarious.

And I just noticed I got post number 11111. What do I win?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 12:26:22 pm by kashell »

soera

« Reply #11112 on: May 19, 2016, 12:39:14 pm »
You get to have your post followed up by me. If that doesnt count as a prize, I dont know what does.

kashell

« Reply #11113 on: May 19, 2016, 01:08:08 pm »
Do prizes come with receipts??

soera

« Reply #11114 on: May 19, 2016, 03:09:52 pm »
Its such a perfect prize that no one would ever return it!