Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1664312 times)

gf78

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #11805 on: August 04, 2016, 01:27:40 pm »
I wanted to pick up the Steelbook release of The Killing Joke but was unable to go on Tuesday. I checked their website on Tuesday night and most of the stores local to me were ravaged & pillaged by the flipper-scalpers. I saw a couple of places about 20-25 minutes away from me with low stock but unintentionally crashed for the night before I could put the order through. I got up on Wednesday, refreshed the page and saw one location being sold out but another showing the item in stock. I should have just called and saved my time/gas but I drove out and found a barren shelf.  :(

On my lunch break I checked the site and found one a bit further out that showed in stock so this time I tried locking it down by ordering it on the site. I got an email about an hour after I placed the order saying it was unavailable. Aggravating, but not surprising, I give up on trying to get the Steelbook at this time and go on the site one more time to cancel the order. I click the "Cancel Item" button and it goes "Something went wrong, please try again". I tried all throughout the night to cancel the order and every time if gives me that message. I just tried again this morning to the same result.  >:(

Lesson learned I suppose. The Target website isn't worth a damn as it's unreliable in both showing the correct quantities on hand and cannot complete simple actions as completing an order without issue.  :-\ I guess I just need to pay better attention for future releases and try and pre-order them if possible.

Target's website is a complete disaster.  The search function is completely off the wall, showing results for Kitchen-Aid products in the middle of a search for Xbox One games.   :o  Products that they carry that you can be standing in the  middle of the store looking at won't show on the website.  For example, I was looking for Forza Horizon 2.  The website would show the "Day One Edition" which is sold out in store and online.  Nowhere could you find the vanilla version online, but I was standing in the store staring at it.  The item doesn't seem to even be in the online database.   ::)
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #11806 on: August 04, 2016, 01:31:31 pm »
I wanted to pick up the Steelbook release of The Killing Joke but was unable to go on Tuesday. I checked their website on Tuesday night and most of the stores local to me were ravaged & pillaged by the flipper-scalpers. I saw a couple of places about 20-25 minutes away from me with low stock but unintentionally crashed for the night before I could put the order through. I got up on Wednesday, refreshed the page and saw one location being sold out but another showing the item in stock. I should have just called and saved my time/gas but I drove out and found a barren shelf.  :(

On my lunch break I checked the site and found one a bit further out that showed in stock so this time I tried locking it down by ordering it on the site. I got an email about an hour after I placed the order saying it was unavailable. Aggravating, but not surprising, I give up on trying to get the Steelbook at this time and go on the site one more time to cancel the order. I click the "Cancel Item" button and it goes "Something went wrong, please try again". I tried all throughout the night to cancel the order and every time if gives me that message. I just tried again this morning to the same result.  >:(

Lesson learned I suppose. The Target website isn't worth a damn as it's unreliable in both showing the correct quantities on hand and cannot complete simple actions as completing an order without issue.  :-\ I guess I just need to pay better attention for future releases and try and pre-order them if possible.

Target's website is a complete disaster.  The search function is completely off the wall, showing results for Kitchen-Aid products in the middle of a search for Xbox One games.   :o  Products that they carry that you can be standing in the  middle of the store looking at won't show on the website.  For example, I was looking for Forza Horizon 2.  The website would show the "Day One Edition" which is sold out in store and online.  Nowhere could you find the vanilla version online, but I was standing in the store staring at it.  The item doesn't seem to even be in the online database.   ::)

http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?dpci=207-32-0974 (Forza Horizon 2)
http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?dpci=058-37-1578 (Killing joke steelbook)

Flashback2012

gf78

Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11809 on: August 04, 2016, 02:51:29 pm »
Killing Joke, that reminds me of the band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnpwuRlXbhk

« Reply #11810 on: August 04, 2016, 02:51:44 pm »
http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?dpci=207-32-0974 (Forza Horizon 2)
http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?dpci=058-37-1578 (Killing joke steelbook)

How reliable is that?  ;)
Not super reliable.  But it helps.  Always call in advance if you don't want to make the trip for nothing.

kashell

« Reply #11811 on: August 05, 2016, 09:10:35 am »
I'm -SO- not feeling the whole working thing today.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11812 on: August 05, 2016, 09:41:17 am »

I'm with ya.  I worked a ton yesterday.  In early/out late kinda day.  I'll be surprised if they get a full day out of me today. 

gf78

« Reply #11813 on: August 05, 2016, 11:41:37 am »
Today is a big day for me.  Back in October, I started the process required by my health insurance provider to have a sleeve gastrectomy.  After a half-dozen appointments with my primary physician, seven visits required (one per month) with a certified dietician, a mental evaluation, x-rays, tests, getting circle-jerked by the insurance company, refilling paperwork, refaxing more paperwork and just generally being annoyed and wanting to say fuck it all for the past ten months...today I will finally be scheduled for the surgery later this month.  I've fought with my weight since puberty and old age is catching up with me.  I'm past the point where being fluffy didn't affect me physically.  I have back problems, my knees hurt and my blood pressure has slowly crept up to the borderline high mark.

So...within the next two weeks I will be undergoing a laparoscopic procedure to remove a big chunk of my stomach.  I'll be out of work for a month before I will be cleared to return to full duty.  Coincidentally, the department of corrections has finally approved officers to have facial hair starting September 1st.  Before, you could just have a mustache that didn't go past the side of your lips.  Now, we can have a full beard, goatee, sideburns or whatever.  So my plan is when I go out for surgery this month, I'll have a full month before I have to return to work to grow my beard or goatee out.  Haven't decided yet. 

Hopefully when I return to work, I'll be about 45 lbs lighter by that point (that is the average weight loss for a man in the first month) and have a beard/goatee.  It will be funny to have all the people here do a double-take.  Hell, I think I will get my hair cut differently for a little extra "throw 'em off" fun.  But mostly, I am doing this for my health and to be there for my daughters as they grow up.

And as an added bonus, I'll be able to wear all those cool t-shirts that they don't make big enough for us fluffy fellas.   ;D  Wish me luck!

soera

« Reply #11814 on: August 05, 2016, 11:50:01 am »
Ive always been a small guy so that hasnt been an issue for me ... but everyone does have their issues. I was born with a bald spot on top of my head and Ive never had a full head of hair. What I wouldnt give to be able to grow my hair with a real hair style or be able to not require a hat everywhere I go. Sadly no insurance or anything considers that a necessity so if I did have something done, it would cost me $1000s of dollars. :(

telly

« Reply #11815 on: August 05, 2016, 12:02:03 pm »

Today is my day off! Working all weekend haha  :(
Currently Playing:
Persona 4 Golden (Switch), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

« Reply #11816 on: August 05, 2016, 12:04:57 pm »
Today is a big day for me.  Back in October, I started the process required by my health insurance provider to have a sleeve gastrectomy.  After a half-dozen appointments with my primary physician, seven visits required (one per month) with a certified dietician, a mental evaluation, x-rays, tests, getting circle-jerked by the insurance company, refilling paperwork, refaxing more paperwork and just generally being annoyed and wanting to say fuck it all for the past ten months...today I will finally be scheduled for the surgery later this month.  I've fought with my weight since puberty and old age is catching up with me.  I'm past the point where being fluffy didn't affect me physically.  I have back problems, my knees hurt and my blood pressure has slowly crept up to the borderline high mark.

So...within the next two weeks I will be undergoing a laparoscopic procedure to remove a big chunk of my stomach.  I'll be out of work for a month before I will be cleared to return to full duty.  Coincidentally, the department of corrections has finally approved officers to have facial hair starting September 1st.  Before, you could just have a mustache that didn't go past the side of your lips.  Now, we can have a full beard, goatee, sideburns or whatever.  So my plan is when I go out for surgery this month, I'll have a full month before I have to return to work to grow my beard or goatee out.  Haven't decided yet. 

Hopefully when I return to work, I'll be about 45 lbs lighter by that point (that is the average weight loss for a man in the first month) and have a beard/goatee.  It will be funny to have all the people here do a double-take.  Hell, I think I will get my hair cut differently for a little extra "throw 'em off" fun.  But mostly, I am doing this for my health and to be there for my daughters as they grow up.

And as an added bonus, I'll be able to wear all those cool t-shirts that they don't make big enough for us fluffy fellas.   ;D  Wish me luck!

That is exciting! Best of luck with that.

Just be cautious. I'm sure your doctor will tell you all of this, but don't neglect diet and exercise. A friend of mine got a similar surgery nine years ago. At first, the weight plummeted and she started to look awesome. But, she didn't alter her eating habits and neglected exercise. Eventually, all of the weight came back. It was a nightmare. Luckily, she has finally started to eat healthy and exercise regularly and she looks better than ever. It's just a shame that she needed to deal with gaining all of the weight back to get to this point.

So yeah, I'm excited about this for you but be sure to continue to take care of yourself.

Flashback2012

« Reply #11817 on: August 05, 2016, 12:23:28 pm »

How reliable is that?  ;)
Not super reliable.  But it helps.  Always call in advance if you don't want to make the trip for nothing.

I decided to take the Nestea plunge on this and drove out to a location that showed it in stock on that site but sold out on Target's site. I figured if anything I could scope out the clearance stuff at that location. So I venture out there, make a beeline to the electronics department and find the end cap that has the new releases. I spy 6 copies on Blu-Ray packed together and one sitting by itself. I grab the lone one and see it's just the regular version w/slipcover. I check the other 6 and they're the same. Oh well...time to check clearance I guess and then head to work. I decide to circle the end cap and on one side I spy another copy of the movie. I pick it up and there it is...the Steelbook version!  ;D

Thanks ignition365 for directing me to that site. I didn't realize it could be used to search other inventories like Wal-Mart.  :)

desocietas

« Reply #11818 on: August 05, 2016, 12:36:02 pm »
gf78, if I don't get a chance to say it before your actual surgery date, best of luck, and congrats on all the hard work to get to this point! I know there will still be a lot to do once the surgery actually happens, but it's exciting to think of what life will be like afterwards. Not exactly the same, but I felt that way before having jaw surgery. Scary, but exciting. And definitely happier now after all the healing and such.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

gf78

« Reply #11819 on: August 05, 2016, 12:53:31 pm »
That is exciting! Best of luck with that.

Just be cautious. I'm sure your doctor will tell you all of this, but don't neglect diet and exercise. A friend of mine got a similar surgery nine years ago. At first, the weight plummeted and she started to look awesome. But, she didn't alter her eating habits and neglected exercise. Eventually, all of the weight came back. It was a nightmare. Luckily, she has finally started to eat healthy and exercise regularly and she looks better than ever. It's just a shame that she needed to deal with gaining all of the weight back to get to this point.

So yeah, I'm excited about this for you but be sure to continue to take care of yourself.

Thank you!  I'm ready, mentally and physically to do it.  As soon as I get the go-ahead, I'm hitting the trails and the gym.  Soccer season is starting soon, so I'll be out at the park with my daughter running around.  I can't friggin' wait!

Update:  The surgeon's office called, I'm scheduled for surgery on 08/18!!!  YES!  In the words of Borat, "I so excite!  I so excite!"
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 02:08:53 pm by gf78 »